• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Conference realignment "Rumors" "tweets" "etc"

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,724
  • Days Won:  109

A friend of ours is a WVU fan.  He hates the fact that they can't easily go to away games.  If given a choice, his would have been for them to stay where they were.  Don't know if the schools are concerned about fans as much as money.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

Watching WVU get their brains bashed in inside the B12 I miss them and I'm sure the miss us. But they love the paycheck

To be fair, WVU isn't the team it was a few years ago.  They hit the B12 about the time they were trending downward anyway.  I think we may see a new coach there soon.

what are you talking about?

WVU was preseason top ten last year and had the Jets current starting QB playing for them.

they were coming off a 10 win season where they demolished clemson in a BCS bowl game.

they went 7-6 in big 12.they aren't what they were a few years ago because the big 12 is a much better conference then the BE. They will be nothing but a middle to lower tier program there.

I said when they accepted that this was the beginning of the end of success for that program. they took themselves out of a league that they won more than 50% of the time, played in 3 BCS bowls in 6 years,left their natural rivals that fans could easily travel to, and took themselves out of their natural recruiting grounds for the sake of more money.

they will be lumped in with tcu, kansas, iowa state for bottom tier more than they will with Ou, Texas, etc at the top.

In the B12 its Ou, Texas and everybody else. WVU can be just a good as Texas Tech, Okl St, etc....

not for a very long time

wvu main recruiting grounds are in florida. not playing any florida teams on a regular basis hurts their chances with recruits.

texas tech, ok state, etc have entrenched themselves in texas recruiting .

that conference is just to tough top to bottom for them to have any sustained success. their best days are behind them.

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

A friend of ours is a WVU fan.  He hates the fact that they can't easily go to away games.  If given a choice, his would have been for them to stay where they were.  Don't know if the schools are concerned about fans as much as money.

it was a money grab. all of these conferences are a mess and hisorical rivalries have been ruined all for the almighty dollar.

it's the fans that suffer the most. it was difficult enough for our fans to travel to the north east but imagine a WVU fan coming from a far more difficult location for travel and having to get to stillwater, oklahoma or waco, texas or lubbock, texas. not only that but there is no more backyard brawl.

they had their best years after miami left and before the move. they will be nothing but middle to lower tier in big 12 plus their fans can't get to most of their away games easily. bet they miss those big east basketball games as well.

• Topic Count:  49
  • Content Count:  325
  • Days Won:  0

I read the post before it was locked down

MHver3 says the WVU AD Luck interviewed with Texas. Luck is in favor of B12 expansion (to FL and Cinn).    MHver3 claims that Texas and GT may bolt for B1G.  Also says that lawyers have found loophole for GOR in ACC suit against Maryland and that would  work in Texas and GT favor.

• Topic Count:  170
  • Content Count:  5,722
  • Days Won:  8

MHver3 says the WVU AD Luck interviewed with Texas. Luck is in favor of B12 expansion (to FL and Cinn).    MHver3 claims that Texas and GT may bolt for B1G.  Also says that lawyers have found loophole for GOR in ACC suit against Maryland and that would  work in Texas and GT favor.

Loophole in Maryland = pandemonium, which is great for USF

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,738
  • Days Won:  425

Tuxedo Yoda â€@TuxedoYoda 8h

Talk of B12 going to 14 with UCF, USF, Cinci & BYU (fball only) popping up in Bellmont in Austin this week, I was told..

Finally, some REAL news ...

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  148
  • Content Count:  8,044
  • Days Won:  9

Loophole in Maryland = pandemonium, which is great for USF

Not really.  It will mean we'll likely change conferences, but still end up in CUSA 3.0 with potentially marginally better teams and a crap TV contract.

• Topic Count:  49
  • Content Count:  325

If true, are there some in the P5 that only want to have a  P4 + ND ?

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

Watching WVU get their brains bashed in inside the B12 I miss them and I'm sure the miss us. But they love the paycheck

To be fair, WVU isn't the team it was a few years ago.  They hit the B12 about the time they were trending downward anyway.  I think we may see a new coach there soon.

what are you talking about?

WVU was preseason top ten last year and had the Jets current starting QB playing for them.

they were coming off a 10 win season where they demolished clemson in a BCS bowl game.

they went 7-6 in big 12.they aren't what they were a few years ago because the big 12 is a much better conference then the BE. They will be nothing but a middle to lower tier program there.

I said when they accepted that this was the beginning of the end of success for that program. they took themselves out of a league that they won more than 50% of the time, played in 3 BCS bowls in 6 years,left their natural rivals that fans could easily travel to, and took themselves out of their natural recruiting grounds for the sake of more money.

they will be lumped in with tcu, kansas, iowa state for bottom tier more than they will with Ou, Texas, etc at the top.

Sure.

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  3,808

Where is the West Virginia guy to bring some sanity to this conversation. Write this down. Texas is not going anywhere without Texas Tech.