• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Conference realignment "Rumors" "tweets" "etc"

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  127
  • Content Count:  2,118
  • Days Won:  1

Don't be surprised if ACC takes a go at

(In no particular order)

Navy

UConn

Cincy

WVU (they aren't thrill with B12, and have natural rivalries in ACC already, plus less travel)

they will only take 1 more, an it will be 1 of these... USF prospects of being left out are becoming more real with every passing moment...

How so? No different today than it was last month.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

(In no particular order)

Navy

UConn

Cincy

WVU (they aren't thrill with B12, and have natural rivalries in ACC already, plus less travel)

they will only take 1 more, an it will be 1 of these... USF prospects of being left out are becoming more real with every passing moment...

WVU has certainly signed the GOR for the B12.  They are off the table for several years.

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  820
  • Days Won:  0

(In no particular order)

Navy

UConn

Cincy

WVU has certainly signed the GOR for the B12.  They are off the table for several years.

Yes, WVU is blocked for about 11 more years (unless 80% vote to dissolve Big 12), and Tobacco Road will still block us if they can. (Votes may be different now since adding Pitt, Cuse and UL) 

I still say if Big 12 blows up or 11 years happen Texas is ACC's (ESPN's first choice).  They blow up Longhorn Network and roll out ACC Network since they will own all of 14 regular schools Tier 1,2& 3 and ND & Texas Tier 2&3 and possibly their Tier 1s at some point.  (ND still with NBC for a while now )

Edited by jvwvu

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  1,421
  • Days Won:  3

Ok some might not get this..

30 years ago I was at the Budwieser plant in Tampa ...they had aluminum cans and steel cans on the production line....I asked the question...Why do you use steel cans when Aluminum cans are so much better...

Bush's answer..."WE DONT PUT ALL OUR EGGS IN ONE BASKET"

I believe that USF is in the same position...Big 12 great , ACC great....now what is best for USF  let's not put all our eggs in one basket...leave all options open

Go Bulls

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

whenever I come on here I feel like there are a bunch of people pulling stuff out their backsides.

They know who they are.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  555
  • Content Count:  14,415
  • Days Won:  13

http://content.usatoday.com/communities/campusrivalry/post/2011/10/rutgers-appears-to-be-most-popular-in-new-york-city-market/1#.UXcWpcrnPQ4

Oct 27, 2011

Rutgers appears to be most popular in New York City market

The Rutgers-Louisville game on ESPN2 had more than twice the viewers in New York City than the Syracuse-West Virginia game on ESPN. Both started at 8 on Friday night. Rutgers-Louisville drew a 1.45 share in New York City compared to 0.7 for West Virginia-Syracuse, according to the Nielsen ratings.

Rutgers has been involved in all five of the all-time top-rated football games in New York City on ESPN2 and been part of four of the five all-time highest-rated football games in the New York City area on ESPN.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,714
  • Days Won:  424

whenever I come on here I feel like there are a bunch of people pulling stuff out their backsides.

They know who they are.

corey.jpg

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  194
  • Content Count:  6,784
  • Days Won:  3

whenever I come on here I feel like there are a bunch of people pulling stuff out their backsides. They know who they are.

Agree 100%

I guess it's therapeutic. Maybe it feels good to spend time fantasizing about miraculous alignment of the stars that would miracle USF back into the 'have' fold.

It's all possible, in the grand philosophical sense, however - absent hard and fast time frames - not considered probable. There's probably some guy in Cleveland who, after the NFL draft, will leap to his feet and yell "Yeah, baby! This is it! This is the year we go to the superbowl'. Doesn't have to be true, but it gets him through the day.

• Topic Count:  347
  • Content Count:  1,867
  • Days Won:  0

• Topic Count:  222
  • Content Count:  4,210
  • Days Won:  8

USF and UCF should offer to take ZERO TV revenue for 3 years in order to get into B12. None. Prove it on the field for 3-5 years and then gradually earn an equal share. It's not that much less than the 2M USF is getting in the AAC and will be made up for in time.

What a brilliant idea. In fact you go first go into work tomorrow give up your salary (tv revenue) and go to a better company but work for free. Nothing screams you are worth something like giving away all your value. And yes we have value

If I had to work for free for a while to go from a 50K a year job (the AAC) to a 1 million a year job (the Big 12) then I would do it.  Anything to get your foot in the door.  You beg, borrow, steal, cajole, network, and find a way in.  Any way.