• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Conference realignment "Rumors" "tweets" "etc"

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

Per BMM: Most likely 2014 Big East divisions: East-UConn, Cincy, USF, UCF, Temple, ECU. West-UH, BSU, SDSU, SMU, Tulane, Memphi

the is a $hit conference. We are luuck to be offered $4-7M. the current CUSA deal is more like $1M per school per year.

+1000

What a joke... An absolute joke

• Topic Count:  15
  • Content Count:  1,235
  • Days Won:  1

I have seen a couple reports where the Big 10 and the Big 12 are both expecting to pay each conference school over 30 million per year in just a few years. We need to get in the Big 12.

Go Bulls!

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  436
  • Days Won:  0

I have seen a couple reports where the Big 10 and the Big 12 are both expecting to pay each conference school over 30 million per year in just a few years. We need to get in the Big 12.

Go Bulls!

It seems strange, if not unfair that two schools in rural north Florida (including the Panhandle) are represented at the national college football level but excluding the more populous and commercial I-4 Corridor. I like your enthusiasm.

Go Bulls!

Edited by Florida Bull

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  4,663
  • Days Won:  21

Per BMM: Most likely 2014 Big East divisions: East-UConn, Cincy, USF, UCF, Temple, ECU. West-UH, BSU, SDSU, SMU, Tulane, Memphi

the is a $hit conference. We are luuck to be offered $4-7M. the current CUSA deal is more like $1M per school per year.

+1000

What a joke... An absolute joke

This.

• Topic Count:  15
  • Content Count:  740
  • Days Won:  0

This is from a poster from the CSNBBS Conference Realignment board. Take it for the 2 cents it's worth:

"Latest info I have from my source within the BE conf is that UC, USF and UCONN are trying their hardest to land in other conferences. There are also rumblings that BSU and SDSU may try to rejoin the MWC. This is the latest info I have so far. TIFWIW."

http://csnbbs.com/showthread.php?tid=605648

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  2,305
  • Days Won:  6

lmao wow we should destroy our division. We will probably go 1-4 though watch.

Not sure why we should destroy it. We lost to two of those teams this season. And UCF would have probably beaten us.

But we fired our coach. We are now allowed to return to the delusion that because we are in Florida we are automatically national championship contenders.

lol nah I am still living in the 2009 days thank you very much. The days where we didnt lose to Syracuse and Temple.

• Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  959

This is from a poster from the CSNBBS Conference Realignment board. Take it for the 2 cents it's worth:

"Latest info I have from my source within the BE conf is that UC, USF and UCONN are trying their hardest to land in other conferences. There are also rumblings that BSU and SDSU may try to rejoin the MWC. This is the latest info I have so far. TIFWIW."

http://csnbbs.com/sh....php?tid=605648

Pretty safe to say, I would think, that every single school in the BE is trying their hardest to land in other conferences. Whatever the BE TV contract is going to be worth, I doubt it's going to be much more than the $60-80M being reported. I'm sure that's a lowball report as most everyone has stated (negotiations 101), but I don't see us somehow pulling $150M as a conference with those kinds of numbers being reported now and teams still jumping ship. So . . .the money is going to blow, the BE already has zero FB cred and will have less going forward, and we've been relegated to the Little 5 without a guaranteed bowl (only an "opportunity" or "access" to a bowl). So, yeah, whoever isn't trying to get out is just plain dumb.

• Topic Count:  92
  • Content Count:  3,475
  • Days Won:  7

http://csnbbs.com/sh....php?tid=605648

... you don't need some top secret source to know that those schools are trying to get out of the Big East, just a brain. And Boise and San Diego State were reported to have talked about going back to the Mountain West weeks ago.

Edited by gobulls83

• Topic Count:  502
  • Content Count:  5,903

Here is a similar map:

ncaa-conference-risk-map-2012.jpg?w=510&h=283

Found this too:

fivethirtyeight-0919-geocolfootball-topTV-blog480.png

Interesting how the 'unconquered territory' includes schools like Wyoming (I-A), Montana St. (I-AA), Montana (I-AA), North Dakata St. (I-AA) which might have had better football seasons over the past 4 years than Tulane and Memphis.

Actually, is there an issue with adding Wyoming to the Big East/West? Clearly, we would love to add a 'big name' school like BYU or snatch one from another conference. But, since snatching a big name from somewhere else out west isn't likely, lets assume the best of the rest.

Wyoming is a smaller school (~14,000 students) and as you can imagine it is in a small town/TV market. But, would it also add the entire state to the TV deal? It is the oldest and largest university in the state. The population of Wyoming (~600,000) is more than New Orleans by itself (~360,000) and about the same as Las Vegas (~600,000). I have no clue how popular the actual team is.

Anyway, just some more fodder...

• Topic Count:  576
  • Content Count:  8,174
  • Days Won:  6

the population is too small