• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Conference realignment "Rumors" "tweets" "etc"

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  96
  • Content Count:  4,078
  • Days Won:  14

I love how ESPN is the default "commissioner" of college football. Kind of like Roger Goodell.

• Topic Count:  170
  • Content Count:  5,722
  • Days Won:  8

Nicole Auerbach â€@NicoleAuerbach

Big Ten announces a 2pm press conference with Rutgers officials in Piscataway, NJ.

• Topic Count:  2,696
  • Content Count:  6,928
  • Days Won:  0

The Dude of WV â€@theDudeofWV

B12 has begun discussions with Fox & ESPN regarding expansion. FSU & CU would double B12 footprint.

Best case scenario for USF at this point for those two to jump ship.

Yup +1,000,000

• Topic Count:  170
  • Content Count:  5,722
  • Days Won:  8

I am going to miss hating on Rutgers!

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,712
  • Days Won:  424

DW is making his case:

"I will only tell you the Big East has been a great league for us and I don't want to see schools leaving, but we've never been in a better position,'' Woolard said. "We have the eighth-largest school in America. We have great facilities in place, including a new Sun Dome and a (men's) basketball team coming off an NCAA appearance. People know where our football program has been and the potential it has.

"And we're in Florida with a great TV market.''

Sell it baby! Sell it!

http://www2.tbo.com/...-usf-ar-571036/

Sorry Doug, your missing one huge part of the equation that does play a big part in perception of the program and the overall university in general. You don't have a stadium and no future plans for one.............

That matters just as much as recent on the field success does in all these movements .... ie very little, if at all.

It does not matter to you, some on this board, or the Big East, and maybe the ACC since they have Pitt and Miami, but the Big 12 and the other conferences would demand that we add an on-campus stadium with "X" years.

LOL ... Do you have any shred of proof to that being true?

Only what I have been told from big donor buddies I know with UGA and Tennessee... they said that USF would be more attractive to conferences at the level of the SEC if USF had a OCS... they said its in the SEC rule book that all member schools have to have On Campus Stadiums.

Not sure if its in the rule books for the Big 12 or not, but if you look at the member schools they all have OCS's. So I'm assuming on that level.

I'm pretty sure that 99.9% of those schools had no other option, when they started playing football, than to build a place on campus for them to play. Not saying it's totally impossible, but I don't see any reason any conference would have a rule like that ...

• Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  3,685
  • Days Won:  14

I hate the whole B1G, so this is just one more reason... I'll enjoy seeing Rutgers return to the irrelevantly crappy program it once was. Can't see them EVER getting past Ohio State, Wisconsin, Michigan, or Michigan State...

• Topic Count:  14
  • Content Count:  2,653
  • Days Won:  2

I will continue to hate on Rutgers living here in Big 10 country

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  820

ESPNs advising ACC on who to take, what are the other options ECU and Marshall?

Do you really think that the ACC is going to lose 4 to 6 programs?

UVA - B1G, VaTech- Sec, UNC, NC St, & GaTech one NC team to SEC and either the other NC or GaTech to B1G - there's 4

When that happens FSU and Clem leave and possibily 1 other with UL - I see 4-7 teams leaving

• Topic Count:  99
  • Content Count:  10,565
  • Days Won:  7

Not sure I see the UVA to the B1G. VT to the SEC makes sense along with UNC. I do see GT in the B1G.

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  820

Why would these ACC schools leave for the Big 12 or Big10? How much more money will the move add to the university bottom lines?

In MDs case over a $100mil more over next 10 years and that's not including the sharing of the research dollars.

In Big 12, take FsU ~$8 m a year, but for them it's about winning championships, because the computers hate the ACC see Jimbos comments last week.