• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Expect a formal announcement on the stadium this week

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,751
  • Content Count:  37,675
  • Days Won:  29

Excited Announcement GIF by FoilArmsandHog

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  67
  • Content Count:  2,409
  • Days Won:  22

1 hour ago, TampaBay727813 said:

3. BIG will never invite schools in the South. Only conference that USF will be able to join in my lifetime atleast is Big 12 or ACC by some god given miracle (if FSU leaves for the SEC)

That's simply not true at all. Sure USF has a long way to go to be considered by the Big 10, but the Big 10 has flirted with the idea of adding Georgia Tech for the last 15 years for the purpose of getting into the South.

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,086
  • Days Won:  469

Remember, you only announces things on Friday that you want to evade the news cycle.  Like the White House.  Announce it on Friday.  No one remembers it on Monday.

To please the masses, I will make an announcement on the OCS later this afternoon.

• Like 1

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  7,683
  • Days Won:  17

2 hours ago, DELdaBull said:

Puc, you are on a roll

Please don't encourage him .... 😆

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  9,756
  • Days Won:  25

The announcement will be something like. “In light of the recent conference realignment news we are proud to name Corbett Stadium the new home of our football team. Dozens of seats will soon be added to accommodate our fans. Games where we anticipate that visitor fans will attend will be played at Ray Jay. It’s a great day to be a Bulls. The future is bright!” Then they school folks run away laughing and go back into hiding 

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,137
  • Days Won:  39

34 minutes ago, Brad said:

Remember, you only announces things on Friday that you want to evade the news cycle.  Like the White House.  Announce it on Friday.  No one remembers it on Monday.

To please the masses, I will make an announcement on the OCS later this afternoon.

BsfJ.gif

• Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,721
  • Days Won:  109

2 hours ago, usf97 said:

It's possible that they do live right there. It would be like all the houses just to the East and North of Campus at USF.  Rutgers' main campus (New Brunswick) is actually 5 separate campuses. The College Ave campus is basically in downtown and there are all kinds of houses, condos and residential around it. The free bus to the game is pretty easy if you don't live on the Busch campus.  

In my time at UGA, the stadium is right in town and everyone just walks to the game from their houses. There really isn't any parking. Athens shuts down more or less on game days. Madison, WI also has the same vibe. 

Florida is such a sprawling, car committed environment, I am not sure you could truly mimic it. UF and FSU are "similar" but it is a bit of a walk. 

spacer.png

I'm from that area although its been a while and know a bit about Rutgers.  Just saying that RayJay is a bus drive away as would be the University Mall if they built a stadium there. You couldn't expect people to walk from the dorms all the way to the Mall.  I'm being sarcastic with that last line.

People have to drive to get to stadiums.  Believe it was Houston where we had to park and take a shuttle to the OCS.  

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  18
  • Days Won:  0

38 minutes ago, bulloni said:

That's simply not true at all. Sure USF has a long way to go to be considered by the Big 10, but the Big 10 has flirted with the idea of adding Georgia Tech for the last 15 years for the purpose of getting into the South.

yeah small % it happens, but I doubt it. Georgia tech would be the only University it would consider and it would be for academic purposes only. After the Rutgers experiment, I doubt they follow that model. Only schools that would add value to them while also holding their characteristics are: UVA, DUKE, and UNC

• Topic Count:  4,751
  • Content Count:  37,675
  • Days Won:  29

23 minutes ago, Roaming Bull said:

The announcement will be something like. “In light of the recent conference realignment news we are proud to name Corbett Stadium the new home of our football team. Dozens of seats will soon be added to accommodate our fans. Games where we anticipate that visitor fans will attend will be played at Ray Jay. It’s a great day to be a Bulls. The future is bright!” Then they school folks run away laughing and go back into hiding 

Meme Dis Gonna B Gud GIF

• Haha 2

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,137
  • Days Won:  39

Let's announce this thing!

71b17c2463b5f192d55bcefec3dbbaa7.gif