• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Expect a formal announcement on the stadium this week

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  295
  • Content Count:  6,848
  • Days Won:  22

33 minutes ago, Jim Johnson said:

The donor base is one reason USF didn't get the Big 12 invite (yet?).  UCF's donor base has exploded in recent years... success breeds success.

Building an OCS increases your donor base, the donations towards the stadium would increase our yearly amounts reported. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

• Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  3,576
  • Days Won:  6

21 hours ago, MSBulls said:

Correct... Some of those campuses have you pay for 'Zones'... So the Green zone is the closest to the stadium, then gold, silver ect. Then you get to park on the side of the roads besides buildings on campus, parking lots, ect. RV's even get to mix in with vehicles which is pretty awesome at some places

RV's...ucf had an interesting set up for their fans w/ rv's. Had a lot where they could park(must be self-contained) and stay the night as it was explained to me. IF?? an area close to or adjacent to the tailgate parking area was for rv's....some folk would pay up for that spot. Do 1 overnight too....could be a $$ money maker or at the least pay for itself.. I thought Notre Dame had a cool tailgate set-up area including their vehicles. They were having a hoot...UNTIL.............Little old USF lowered the boom on them !!  ⛈️

• Topic Count:  365
  • Content Count:  6,472
  • Days Won:  35

At this point, for the future of the program, this is something that has to be done. With UCF "passing" us by for the time being, USF has to do something to reenergize the base. On-field success could have done that alone, but we are probably 2 or 3 years away from reaping the gains that could entail. Homecoming would be the perfect time to announce everything. As I stated previously, the timeframe is set with our deal with TSA/Ray Jay expiring in 3 years. That will provide ample time to get this accomplished. Let's just hope they pull it off, don't cut corners, and build an experience that USF fans can grow to love. Also, the design with the horn walkways is a MUST. Would be the coolest overhead shot of any stadium in the US. 

• Upvote 2
  • Go Bulls! 1

• Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  3,576
  • Days Won:  6

A thought...Anybody ever wonder what will happen when we all die off and our USF support days(any size) end? Many on here go back to the inception of USF Football. Hazard to guess, most everyone has joined the Alumni Assoc and Bull's Club and Donated at some point or annually. We have seen a decline in interest for football by the new age students. I don't know how many students/grads from say-2010 to the present have jumped on board and joined-donated-etc. Other schools seem to be building new fan bases that fill the gaps left by those who came before them. We have 2 home games after SMU and the Bye, it will be interesting to see how many people/students attend.. 

Will an OCS change the student interest level? Grads? Public?           Just a thought

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  2,921
  • Days Won:  33

11 hours ago, usf97 said:

Well if there are classrooms attached, you will likely have more than just bleachers around a track like Mackay Stadium (Reno, NV) or Kidd Brewer Stadium ( App State). 

I was up at Kidd Brewer Stadium over the summer. The track is no longer around the field. They did build a structure in one end zone that looks to be their FB operations building with seating high over the end zone. Very nice stadium. I would picture ours being a bit larger.

• Topic Count:  365
  • Content Count:  6,472
  • Days Won:  35

1 minute ago, BulledOver said:

A thought...Anybody ever wonder what will happen when we all die off and our USF support days(any size) end? Many on here go back to the inception of USF Football. Hazard to guess, most everyone has joined the Alumni Assoc and Bull's Club and Donated at some point or annually. We have seen a decline in interest for football by the new age students. I don't know how many students/grads from say-2010 to the present have jumped on board and joined-donated-etc. Other schools seem to be building new fan bases that fill the gaps left by those who came before them. We have 2 home games after SMU and the Bye, it will be interesting to see how many people/students attend.. 

Will an OCS change the student interest level? Grads? Public?           Just a thought

It will be a process, but it will help to build a stronger connection to the University and the campus. You really only need to "capture" about 500 to 1,000 die-hards from each graduating class to build a strong alumni base over time. That is an area that I am sure has been sorely lacking in recent years. Hopefully the OCS can help change all of that. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  2,921
  • Days Won:  33

18 hours ago, Brad said:

I'm not so concerned about hearing anything this week.  I hope some real thought is put into the next move.

By the time we have a stadium, there will have been so many changes/opportunities.  The real P4 will make moves too.  I don't think it's necessarily a good thought to think we're Big 12 candidates only and dress only for that ****show.  

Think big, please.

POTY candidate right there.

• Like 1

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

If nothing else Coach Scott is a great ambassador of USF Athletics.  Dude is everywhere.  

• Go Bulls! 1

• Topic Count:  21
  • Content Count:  538
  • Days Won:  1

14 minutes ago, John Lewis said:

I was up at Kidd Brewer Stadium over the summer. The track is no longer around the field. They did build a structure in one end zone that looks to be their FB operations building with seating high over the end zone. Very nice stadium. I would picture ours being a bit larger.

Was there last winter for a ski trip. They were working on that end zone across the field at that time as well. Stadium was beautiful, a little small and I'd prefer the football center end zone to be more like NC States with bowl seating over it. This one was just a little strange looking and felt a bit small as you said in the end zone opposite the berm

IMG_20201231_153449.jpg

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

24 minutes ago, BulledOver said:

I count four more home games after the bye week: Tulsa, Temple, Cincy, and Houston. But I suspect you were just focusing on the next two. Regardless, Temple and Tulsa won’t be great. The telling game for attendance should be Cincy. 

Edited by NewEnglandBull