• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Presidential search questionnaire

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

27 minutes ago, bulloni said:

Current plan is start interviewing candidates in November and have their person selected in January. Candidates include the 130 sitting presidents at R1 universities. Like that they are going after someone with experience running a large University, clearly the last guy didn't understand the scope of the job.

https://www.tampabay.com/news/education/2021/09/15/usf-expects-to-hire-a-new-president-by-january/?utm_source=twitter&utm_campaign=SocialFlow&utm_medium=social&utm_content=%40TB_Tmes

Did not see the word athletics once in that article. Further, the fact that all applicants will not have confidentiality is a real concern. 

• Topic Count:  132
  • Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

Get us a Prez that can play hardball in Tally, get us in the AAU in the next 10 years, understand the significance of investing in athletics, and provide a unified vision to sell the Tampa Bay community. We're Tampa's public university but get treated like an afterthought.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  32
  • Content Count:  581
  • Days Won:  0

4 hours ago, BulledOver said:

But if she does....we will have her back. Only one's who will gripe will be dance and drama--😉

Let's not be too sarcastic with the "dance and drama" angle -- we are sorely lacking in that department as well...

• Topic Count:  67
  • Content Count:  2,409
  • Days Won:  22

37 minutes ago, Paisa el Toro said:

Get us a Prez that can play hardball in Tally, get us in the AAU in the next 10 years, understand the significance of investing in athletics, and provide a unified vision to sell the Tampa Bay community. We're Tampa's public university but get treated like an afterthought.

USF is a separated from the rest of Tampa, and besides Busch Gardens there really isn't much reason for a non-affiliated resident to go up there.

Here's a rendering from the management company of what they want to turn the University Mall site into. Driving by its already a huge construction zone so maybe if that opens up around the same time as an OCS in 2025 it could kick start the rest of the area around campus into something that would attract non-USF people to the area.

rithm_web_0720.png

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  3,576
  • Days Won:  6

1 hour ago, LrdNorman said:

Let's not be too sarcastic with the "dance and drama" angle -- we are sorely lacking in that department as well...

Gauge "too sarcastic"..  The mention actually comes from usf folks in those areas that went on Instagram posting negative comments back when the IPF was first mentioned as a go. They thought it was a waste of money which could be better spent in their favorite areas of interest. So, my comment was actually based upon some reality thus, a comment w/ reference...nope, nothing sarcastic here. 

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

42 minutes ago, BulledOver said:

Gauge "too sarcastic"..  The mention actually comes from usf folks in those areas that went on Instagram posting negative comments back when the IPF was first mentioned as a go. They thought it was a waste of money which could be better spent in their favorite areas of interest. So, my comment was actually based upon some reality thus, a comment w/ reference...nope, nothing sarcastic here. 

I remember that…

• Topic Count:  32
  • Content Count:  581

My apologies -- I wasn't aware the comments were made...

• Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  3,576
  • Days Won:  6

16 hours ago, LrdNorman said:

My apologies -- I wasn't aware the comments were made...

Of course no apologies needed, I didnt take offense. When I came back with the 
"Gauge Too Sarcastic" I was just messing with you. I added the info re: Instagram comments so you would know where I came up with that drama ref. Personally, I thought their comments unwarranted and one guy even said something about the FB team being horrible. I always fig that the campus folks negativity led to the IPF going from Practice to Performing which, as a small donor to the project, I thght was bit odd. Oh well, life and times. But then, I am but a minimal link in a very, very long chain. At least the IPF is going to be a thing soon. 

So..all good--were all part of the same team.. 

• Topic Count:  132
  • Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

18 hours ago, bulloni said:

USF is a separated from the rest of Tampa, and besides Busch Gardens there really isn't much reason for a non-affiliated resident to go up there.

Here's a rendering from the management company of what they want to turn the University Mall site into. Driving by its already a huge construction zone so maybe if that opens up around the same time as an OCS in 2025 it could kick start the rest of the area around campus into something that would attract non-USF people to the area.

rithm_web_0720.png

I wish it was as simple as redevelopment around the University. Our disconnect stems from a deeper place. A new Pres presents a consistent, simple vision, and we work like crazy to get this community to buy-in.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  39

On 9/21/2021 at 10:06 AM, BulledOver said:

But if she does....we will have her back. Only one's who will gripe will be dance and drama--😉

Go easy on the dance majors. My daughter majored in dance at USF. Ended up dancing in NYC for fifteen years then went to graduate school at the Univ of Michigan on a full ride. Some of the  classes she taught at UMich had football players and wrestlers attending. USF has one of the best schools of dance in the nation. 

• Go Bulls! 1