• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Presidential search questionnaire

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,713
  • Days Won:  109

2 minutes ago, MaltLiquorBull said:

Maybe "best and brightest" wasn't the right phrase.  I think what I meant was that we may be losing the battle for the types of kids who desire that "on campus atmosphere" feeling because we are unable to provide it as well as our competitors.  I agree with you that many extremely talented kids who know exactly what they want to study would pick USF because of its academic superiority.

Agree with you there.  

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

48 minutes ago, Friscobull said:

I did as well, I am sure this will move the needle in our favor 😀

The power that you and I hold is unquestionably great. 😀

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  3,576
  • Days Won:  6

43 minutes ago, LrdNorman said:

Thank you for providing this -- wish I could have been more positive, but I told them the truth.  No sense of community or opportunities for athletics or the arts (I'm an Arts and Education alumni).  All I get is "we would love your donation" as opposed to "we'd love to have you be a guest at this event".

Probably too scathing of a survey (it will probably be thrown out), but without a President invested in the university, it doesn't matter who's in there.  We need someone who is not an isolationist -- for Heavens sake, they were talking about eliminating the College of Education because of budget cuts!  Fortunately, that has subsided, but I want a President who cares about ALL aspects of the university, especially Athletics.

::gets off of his soapbox::

The truth is the truth. Your survey responses are prob in alignment with most of us I would guess.

• Topic Count:  96
  • Content Count:  4,078
  • Days Won:  14

How about somebody who wants to stick around more than a year and a half?

2 hours ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Yes, I completed that last night. I emphasized athletics throughout. Hopefully someone will read this stuff. 

Nice to feel you have some input. Possibly, they should take a look at some other universities who have progressed across the board from the president down the chain. See what plan and vision they implemented to achieve success in a relatively short period of time. And how their plan also included making their athletics programs excel. Yes, especially football and basketball. Hope there is no rush on. If you can't find the right person then hold off. It's not like we don't have co-pilots on board. 

2 minutes ago, MaltLiquorBull said:

How about somebody who wants to stick around more than a year and a half?

Now your’re just being unreasonable 😂

Just now, BulledOver said:

Nice to feel you have some input. Possibly, they should take a look at some other universities who have progressed across the board from the president down the chain. See what plan and vision they implemented to achieve success in a relatively short period of time. And how their plan also included making their athletics programs excel. Yes, especially football and basketball. Hope there is no rush on. If you can't find the right person then hold off. It's not like we don't have co-pilots on board. 

Good point, I don’t mind our interim president. But I suspect she may be uncomfortable making any big ticket decisions like a stadium. 

Just now, NewEnglandBull said:

Good point, I don’t mind our interim president. But I suspect she may be uncomfortable making any big ticket decisions like a stadium. 

But if she does....we will have her back. Only one's who will gripe will be dance and drama--😉

Just now, BulledOver said:

But if she does....we will have her back. Only one's who will gripe will be dance and drama--😉

Let ‘em create a dance and play dealing with emotional loss…

• Crying 1

• Topic Count:  67
  • Content Count:  2,409
  • Days Won:  22

6 minutes ago, BulledOver said:

Current plan is start interviewing candidates in November and have their person selected in January. Candidates include the 130 sitting presidents at R1 universities. Like that they are going after someone with experience running a large University, clearly the last guy didn't understand the scope of the job.

https://www.tampabay.com/news/education/2021/09/15/usf-expects-to-hire-a-new-president-by-january/?utm_source=twitter&utm_campaign=SocialFlow&utm_medium=social&utm_content=%40TB_Tmes

• Like 1