• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Build a stadium on campus

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Content Count:  2,347
  • Days Won:  0

16 minutes ago, Fold FB Invest in BB said:

I'm counting 5...

You have to think like UCF and claim you win the other 4.

Edited by USFBULL_08
  • Haha 1

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,272
  • Days Won:  255

Just now, chapelbull said:

At the very least, it may have been mentioned as part of the issue with USF.   I doubt they care where we play the games, but they may very well care about the environment and excitement for football at USF

Now that I agree with. If this is our only path to environment and excitement and it actually can be executed as a plan then it could possibly make sense to do and that the B12 cares about that. However we seemed to have a pretty good excitement and environment at Ray Jay in the past and I’ve had to hear for a decade about how we can’t build the ipf until it was fully funded and since the ipf announced is today is only the fully funded part it doesn’t really speak well to this new change of heart.

• Topic Count:  76
  • Content Count:  6,712
  • Days Won:  17

2 minutes ago, USFBULL_08 said:

You have to think like UCF and claim you win the other 4.

Honestly, it should be 6.

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  7,683

25 minutes ago, puc86 said:

Why would a conference care who owns their own stadium? If the NFL took that approach there would be roughly 3 teams. I am sorry that I think things that are more practical and can be taken care of today are of greater importance than saying you are going to do something you have repeatedly said you can’t do and with no context of how it can now happen. 

They don't care where we play or who owns the stadium.  They care about whether there is a fan base that will help fuel $$$$$$.  So we either fan the fires of passion for the program by winning some national titles over the next 2-3 years or we do it by stepping up the commitment to the program, start building a culture and better game day environment that cultivates that fan base.   I'm pretty sure we're not winning any natties in the next 2-3 years so I'll go with option 2.  

If there were no cities willing to build fancy stadiums, then the NFL teams would figure out how to build their own and/or play in less palatial estates.   Cities jump through the hoops to keep NFL teams because they see a value in having them.  If being in a P5 conference is of value to us, then we need to jump through the hoops to get there

Edited by chapelbull

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

6 minutes ago, Gatorbull325 said:

That is the ULTIMATE GOAL of every college football team. Would you prefer 9 national titles or 0 national titles but a pretty stadium? 

Depends. Are those 9 coming from today forward or are they in the past? Because, if you gave me a choice of a pretty stadium or a 1980s national championship, I’m taking the stadium every time.

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,331
  • Content Count:  97,076
  • Days Won:  469

1 hour ago, bulloni said:

official USF accounts wouldn’t be tweeting about this unless there was a plan behind the scenes to start fundraising…I’d hope

Or will is running for office.  

• Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  6,569
  • Days Won:  28

Just now, JTrue said:

Depends. Are those 9 coming from today forward or are they in the past? Because, if you gave me a choice of a pretty stadium or a 1980s national championship, I’m taking the stadium every time.

I'll play your game. (yawn) Would you prefer we win 9 national titles this year and moving forward or would you prefer we have a pretty stadium next year and moving forward but no national titles?

5 minutes ago, puc86 said:

Now that I agree with. If this is our only path to environment and excitement and it actually can be executed as a plan then it could possibly make sense to do and that the B12 cares about that. However we seemed to have a pretty good excitement and environment at Ray Jay in the past and I’ve had to hear for a decade about how we can’t build the ipf until it was fully funded and since the ipf announced is today is only the fully funded part it doesn’t really speak well to this new change of heart.

We did and when the Jim left and the losing started more often than not, it evaporated.   See my other post for a little more elaboration, but this seems to be a situation that needs to be addressed immediately and beating big time teams and being ranked in the Top 10 seems a long way off.  Not only that, is it a sustainable way to build a fan base in a fickle market.  I don't know

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,272
  • Days Won:  255

1 minute ago, chapelbull said:

They don't care where we play or who owns the stadium.  They care about whether there is a fan base that will help fuel $$$$$$.  So we either fan the fires of passion for the program by winning some national titles over the next 2-3 years or we do it by stepping up the commitment to the program, start building a culture and better game day environment that cultivates that fan base.   I'm pretty sure we're not winning any natties in the next 2-3 years so I'll go with option 2.  

I agree with most all of this except that the quickest and most realized way to spark fandom would be doing whatever we can to win and stop getting waxed every week, unless they have been lying to us and can actually borrow money or use general funds in which case maybe the stadium can be built in a somewhat timely fashion and that will absolutely spark interest for a bit. My only concern is if we really have to wait for full funding this isn’t sparking anything and is just more fluff to placate us that their perpetual failing is fine.

1 minute ago, Gatorbull325 said:

I'll play your game. (yawn) Would you prefer we win 9 national titles this year and moving forward or would you prefer we have a pretty stadium next year and moving forward but no national titles?

How about this for a game ..... how many decades/lifetimes do you think it is going to take for us to win a National Title in the current CFP format?  I guess we could go down to D-3 and give that a shot