• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

The only (sad) hope left

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  730
  • Days Won:  4

Since it sure looks like the end of USF football... I see only a few things to hope for.

1. The Big12 collapses after the AAC teams leave for it; after they all paid their way out.

2. Conference realignment suddenly goes nuts this week and 16 team super leagues are formed.

3. A USF alum finds a time machine, tells Judy to take the Big East deal on the table, breaks Joel Miller's leg in high school, gives Doug Woolard's mom birth control, tells Leavitt to shelve voodoo5, and convinces the administration to invest in football facilities instead of hiring athletic directors who blame the lack of program success on fans.

Edited by Ghostbuster
  • Haha 2
  • Go Bulls! 1

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,331
  • Content Count:  97,076
  • Days Won:  469

I'll get to work on #3.

• Topic Count:  43
  • Content Count:  2,578
  • Days Won:  3

1 minute ago, Ghostbuster said:

Since it sure looks like the end of USF football... I see only a few things to hope for.

1. The Big12 collapses after the AAC teams leave for it; after they all paid their way out.

2. Conference realignment suddenly goes nuts this week and 16 team super leagues are formed.

3. A USF alum finds a time machine, tells Judy to take the Big East deal on the table, breaks Joel Miller's leg in high school, gives Doug Woodard's mom birth control, tells Leavitt to shelve voodoo5, and convinces the administration to invest in football facilities instead of hiring athletic directors who blame the lack of program success on fans.

I am a fan of number 3, then 1, then 2.

• Topic Count:  96
  • Content Count:  4,078
  • Days Won:  14

I was thinking BYU says "no thanks" because they won't play any sports on Sunday.  And somehow we are the bubble school that takes the spot?  Last hope?

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  48
  • Content Count:  2,347
  • Days Won:  0

4 minutes ago, Brad said:

I'll get to work on #3.

Seems like the most optimistic option on the table.

• Like 1

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  730
  • Days Won:  4

3 minutes ago, MaltLiquorBull said:

I was thinking BYU says "no thanks" because they won't play any sports on Sunday.  And somehow we are the bubble school that takes the spot?  Last hope?

The ole BYU wildcard hope.  Not bad.  Can we hire a company to manufacture some controversy with them? 

Didn't they get a lot of flack for discrimination in the past few years?  I for one am outraged by their actions and or inactions and think they should receive the death penalty.

Edited by Ghostbuster
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  170
  • Content Count:  5,722
  • Days Won:  8

SMU and Memphis are probably ahead of us anyway.. wah, wah...

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,272
  • Days Won:  255

11 minutes ago, Ghostbuster said:

3. A USF alum finds a time machine, tells Judy to take the Big East deal on the table, breaks Joel Miller's leg in high school, gives Doug Woolard's mom birth control, tells Leavitt to shelve voodoo5, and convinces the administration to invest in football facilities instead of hiring athletic directors who blame the lack of program success on fans.

I’m just glad you found a reason for optimism but I’m going to use 3 to bet and invest and  then and the richest man on earth use some of the profits to bankroll the program 

• Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  1,498
  • Days Won:  0

40 minutes ago, Ghostbuster said:

Avoid the whole Judy  / Leavitt paradox all together.  With the time machine, go back to 1957 and convince John Allen that athletics were important for USF's future.  Can you imagine having 30 more years of USF football history than we do now??  No telling what conference we could have gotten into back then.  If only we could find a Delorean and a crazy person to drive it.

• Topic Count:  222
  • Content Count:  4,210
  • Days Won:  8

USF's one and only hope is to win and win big, and win fast.  Go to 2 or 3 NY6 bowls, then hope for a Big 12 invite.  That is really USF's only hope.  And it is a very small one, but that's it.  That's the plan.