• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Fire Jeff Scott

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,086
  • Days Won:  469

Yeah I was afraid there would be dozens of people that would use that as a talking point because the announcers seemed to focus on it (I wondered if they’d been watching the game like I had).  I had no confidence that our defense would stop them; and with no timeouts we’d have any time left. I salute the risk taken and applaud the fact we were playing to win. 

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,730
  • Days Won:  425

6 minutes ago, NCBull said:

And we have to stop burning TOs…sometimes we really need them down the stretch; case in point.

This was definitely a concern and would be interested in what went on for some of them .....

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,137
  • Days Won:  39

I can't believe this thread is still going.  

21 minutes ago, Brad said:

Yeah I was afraid there would be dozens of people that would use that as a talking point because the announcers seemed to focus on it (I wondered if they’d been watching the game like I had).  I had no confidence that our defense would stop them; and with no timeouts we’d have any time left. I salute the risk taken and applaud the fact we were playing to win. 

It was all in at that point.  You go for the win and we had all the momentum.

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

the future looks bright

we should give scott an extension

• Upvote 2

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,721
  • Days Won:  109

1 hour ago, NCBull said:

After sleeping on it I think this is the right take, well said.  I didn’t understand it at the time because there was so much time left and we pretty much knew they were going to run it to burn clock so you give your D a reasonable chance to redeem themselves.  I still don’t think that’s wrong either, but in the big picture I’d rather have a HC who calls the onside and take some reasonable chances.

And we have to stop burning TOs…sometimes we really need them down the stretch; case in point.

Two different takes from me.

One is it seemed at least one player on each play was po'd that they had to call those timeouts.

The other side, you've got a young QB and you are in scoring position so get it right.

• Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  3,576
  • Days Won:  6

On 9/26/2021 at 12:37 AM, USFBulls727 said:

40 new players on the roster this year, Freshman QB, and we were within one of of #15 BYU. Maybe it's just me, but it seems way too early to be calling for Scott's head. Everybody had us at 1-3 at this point coming into the season, and that's where we are.

Maybe not his Head...Maybe just take a bite out of his ass to remind him WE expect More

• Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  3,576
  • Days Won:  6

On 9/26/2021 at 11:47 AM, CousinRicky said:

Two different takes from me.

One is it seemed at least one player on each play was po'd that they had to call those timeouts.

The other side, you've got a young QB and you are in scoring position so get it right.

Burning those timeouts and looking so disorganized-frazzled...it looked that way on the tv. He had to know with that score and our apparent momentum that down the road it would take a couple TO's in your pocket. he's got to coach the whole game not just a series. Somebody tell him you only get 3. And yes, it did come back to haunt us in the end. 

• Topic Count:  46
  • Content Count:  477
  • Days Won:  1

I say we stay the execution of CJS or Michael Kelly just yet. I am seeing some things moving in a positive direction. 

Yes we got shut out by NC state but that team followed up by beating Clemson. 

Our other two loses were to Florida and BYU. Both ranked teams and we stayed strong and fought back in the 2nd half of both games. I am excited to see conference play starting. 

• Go Bulls! 1

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,730
  • Days Won:  425

On 9/27/2021 at 3:34 PM, BulledOver said:

Burning those timeouts and looking so disorganized-frazzled...it looked that way on the tv. He had to know with that score and our apparent momentum that down the road it would take a couple TO's in your pocket. he's got to coach the whole game not just a series. Somebody tell him you only get 3. And yes, it did come back to haunt us in the end. 

If he hadn't taken the TO's that momentum may not have been there. True frosh qb, very hostile environment, critical situations ..... he had to burn them. Hopefully as everybody progresses, those situations are handled better without using the timeouts.

• Upvote 3

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  7,683
  • Days Won:  17

24 minutes ago, Triple B said:

If he hadn't taken the TO's that momentum may not have been there. True frosh qb, very hostile environment, critical situations ..... he had to burn them. Hopefully as everybody progresses, those situations are handled better without using the timeouts.

Yeah, the to's didn't really bother me under the current circumstances especially since it led to a touchdown