• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Coach Scott makes a donation

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

1 hour ago, CousinRicky said:

You realize this was just a shoot out and not a 90 minute match?  Pretty sure the women would win in a full scale game.

We would get annihilated by the women. Two of my college roommates were soccer players and I went to one of their practices so I could watch Mia Hamm and a few other women's national team members work out with the team while they were in town. The women literally ran circles around the college men who were bigger and faster AND playing their sport. Size and speed would be fun for about 3-5 minutes and then actual skill would separate and it would get ugly VERY fast.

Edited by JTrue

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

1 hour ago, BullsFanInTX said:

Glad Scott is making a donation, but let's be honest, this is not a huge donation for a guy making 2 million.  It's the equivalent of a guy making 50K a year donating 250 bucks.  Same percentage.  In other words its the equivalent of a guy making 50K donating a weeks worth of groceries.

That’s $10,000 more than any of our prior tightwad coaches ever gave…

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,918
  • Days Won:  67

47 minutes ago, JTrue said:

We would get annihilated by the women. Two of my college roommates were soccer players and I went to one of their practices so I could watch Mia Hamm and a few other women's national team members work out with the team while they were in town. The women literally ran circles around the college men who were bigger and faster AND playing their sport. Size and speed would be fun for about 3-5 minutes and then actual skill would separate and it would get ugly VERY fast.

That was a national team vs a bunch of D3 players, our team is not at that level and these are D1 athletes.  I would guarantee I could grab a handful of Football players and they would destroy our ranked WBB team in hoops and I am fairly certain we would not get destroyed by a this Women’s soccer team in soccer either.  There is a pretty big drop off from the national team to our team and the national team couldn’t beat a bunch of 15 year old boys. 

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  993
  • Days Won:  0

2 hours ago, BullsFanInTX said:

Glad Scott is making a donation, but let's be honest, this is not a huge donation for a guy making 2 million.  It's the equivalent of a guy making 50K a year donating 250 bucks.  Same percentage.  In other words its the equivalent of a guy making 50K donating a weeks worth of groceries.

Different perspective:  If my family didn't eat for a week I'd say that is a HUGE donation on my part.  Someone with the ability to donate $10,000 has a completely different set of investment opportunities and they will eat fine this week, but I don't think you need to downplay the donation as the "same percentage" as feeding a family for a week.  How much would you have if you threw $10,000 at Tesla, Apple, etc stock a few years back?  Both are significant.

• Like 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,723
  • Days Won:  109

33 minutes ago, Friscobull said:

That was a national team vs a bunch of D3 players, our team is not at that level and these are D1 athletes.  I would guarantee I could grab a handful of Football players and they would destroy our ranked WBB team in hoops and I am fairly certain we would not get destroyed by a this Women’s soccer team in soccer either.  There is a pretty big drop off from the national team to our team and the national team couldn’t beat a bunch of 15 year old boys. 

Football players play for 7 seconds at a time with 40 seconds in between plays.  Take 1/2 the game off while the offense is out there. No way these guys run with soccer players for 45 minutes.  I've played some basketball vs guys that were primarily soccer players. They just run forever.

• Upvote 1

41 minutes ago, Friscobull said:

You're dreaming if you think our football team could keep it within 10 goals.

7 minutes ago, CousinRicky said:

Football players play for 7 seconds at a time with 40 seconds in between plays.  Take 1/2 the game off while the offense is out there. No way these guys run with soccer players for 45 minutes.  I've played some basketball vs guys that were primarily soccer players. They just run forever.

This.

Just now, JTrue said:

You're dreaming if you think our football team could keep it within 10 goals.

I would take that action and parlay that with the Football team laying the wood to the WBB team.  

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,272
  • Days Won:  255

4 minutes ago, CousinRicky said:

I hear that all of the time and maybe it’s different at a lower level but it seems like that’s simply a lie perpetuated by the clock moving being unreasonably extrapolated into people moving. I challenge anyone to even find me a single 10 minute clip of a World Cup game where 75% of the people are not either completely stopped or at most mall walking 75% of the time if you are actually running the entire game it would seem you are doing it wrong.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, CousinRicky said:

In soccer you are not running the entire time, you have some sprints and some jogs, some walking around and some standing around.  The soccer players I played basketball with may have been able to run forever but they still sucked at b-ball.

8 minutes ago, Friscobull said:

I would take that action and parlay that with the Football team laying the wood to the WBB team.  

Our football team can't beat football players in football. I'd happily bet against them winning in some other sport they have even less skill at.

• Haha 1