• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

For those going to the Tulane game…

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  176
  • Content Count:  8,612
  • Days Won:  28

8 hours ago, CousinRicky said:

Thanks for looking that up. Knew it was a high number. Don't think they do polio vaccines any longer because everyone got the vaccines and it disappeared. I know yhis is a variant of the common cold but probably could have kicked its butt had 85% of people eligible gotten vac'd. But, you know, rights. Next time I get picked up for heroin distribution I'll use that argument.

Check out what’s going on Israel, a country with one of the highest vaccination rates in the world.

• Topic Count:  76
  • Content Count:  6,712
  • Days Won:  17

1 hour ago, El_Toro_86 said:

Check out what’s going on Israel, a country with one of the highest vaccination rates in the world.

Let me guess, lots of unvaccinated people getting sick and clogging up the hospitals? Sounds familiar.

• Topic Count:  176
  • Content Count:  8,612
  • Days Won:  28

22 minutes ago, Fold FB Invest in BB said:

Let me guess, lots of unvaccinated people getting sick and clogging up the hospitals? Sounds familiar.

Quite the contrary, but I’ll let you do your own research.

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,119
  • Days Won:  39

9 hours ago, CousinRicky said:

I know yhis is a variant of the common cold but probably could have kicked its butt had 85% of people eligible gotten vac'd.

I guess it depends on how you define kicking the virus' butt.  It's never going away.  It seems to mutate similar to the flu.  We'll vaccinate, then it will mutate and come back around again.  Also, vaccinated people are still spreading it.  At least they are having milder cases now. 

The question is only how many years we choose to keep doing this and what damage it will cause.  There's a sensible middle ground that everyone can find.

Also, on your joke about rights...  Look at what is happening in Australia.  All this authoritarian stuff and vaccination is still not going to prevent the virus from mutating and going around the world again.  So we would be trading individual rights for nothing.  

• Topic Count:  76
  • Content Count:  6,712
  • Days Won:  17

22 minutes ago, El_Toro_86 said:

Quite the contrary, but I’ll let you do your own research.

So given the majority of adults are vaccinated, hospitals are seeing serious illness among vaccinated individuals, but at less than 1/10th of the rate before vaccines were available. Seems like a good thing.

• Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,473
  • Days Won:  25

21 hours ago, CousinRicky said:

Another perspective.  A fellow Bulls fan that I know from WBB games was vaccinated and got knocked on his azzz but didn't have to be hospitalized.  This ain't over no matter how much you wish it away. I like all you guys but disagree with some of you on this issue.

Ditto, been down for 2 1/2 weeks so far. Tested negative yesterday, so I'm on the mend.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,916
  • Days Won:  67

21 minutes ago, BDYZR said:

Ditto, been down for 2 1/2 weeks so far. Tested negative yesterday, so I'm on the mend.

Glad you are getting better, my experience was like Jchem’s very mild and this was before any vaccination.  Hopefully the vaccination doesn’t make it worse on the next bout, 2.5 weeks is a long time down.  

• Topic Count:  360
  • Content Count:  4,176
  • Days Won:  56

27 minutes ago, Friscobull said:

Glad you are getting better, my experience was like Jchem’s very mild and this was before any vaccination.  Hopefully the vaccination doesn’t make it worse on the next bout, 2.5 weeks is a long time down.  

Vaccination make it worse? Huh? Don’t know what world you’re living in. I’ve had people I know die from this and had unvaccinated friends rushed to the ER wishing they’d been vaccinated. It’s not that complicated.

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,916
  • Days Won:  67

12 minutes ago, Dave_Glaser said:

Vaccination make it worse? Huh? Don’t know what world you’re living in. I’ve had people I know die from this and had unvaccinated friends rushed to the ER wishing they’d been vaccinated. It’s not that complicated.

It is that complicated, if my next bout is worse than the first bout than that would be true, if not then no.  How many people do you know that have had the disease and then been vaccinated and gotten it a second time?  Compare the two reactions and this will give us the answer.  Saying a person had a mild reaction after vaccination tells me nothing because most of us had a mild reaction regardless of vaccination status because the disease in its current state is mild for most people however serious and deadly for the select few.  Either way, subject is tired so continue to look to our government for answers on how to react to this perceived threat and continue to be disappointed.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,719
  • Days Won:  109

1 hour ago, BDYZR said:

Sorry to hear that but glad you are getting on the other side of it.