• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Former USF golfer Joaquin Niemann

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

31 minutes ago, CousinRicky said:

As are most on here. FYI first bands of storm just hitting my area.

Stay safe, it sounds like it’s going to be an active season for you Floridians. 

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,090
  • Days Won:  469

49 minutes ago, CousinRicky said:

Just dawned on me. This guy never played for USF. Was committed but ended winning or came in second in top amateur tournament so turned pro before attending.

Thank you fellas.  I learned a valuable lesson. For decades I’ve only cared about football and men’s basketball. I ventured out as if I knew something about those other sports that don’t generate revenue or interest.   And it stings and burns me to the core that I failed you.

I remember the name. I didn’t know that he didn't play or did. Sorry to mislead so many - probably two dozen people - about the story. I renounce Joaquin Neimann and I shall never, ever speak his name again.  He is dead to me. 

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  7,683
  • Days Won:  17

8 minutes ago, Brad said:

Thank you fellas.  I learned a valuable lesson. For decades I’ve only cared about football and men’s basketball. I ventured out as if I knew something about those other sports that don’t generate revenue or interest.   And it stings and burns me to the core that I failed you.

I remember the name. I didn’t know that he didn't play or did. Sorry to mislead so many - probably two dozen people - about the story. I renounce Joaquin Neimann and I shall never, ever speak his name again.  He is dead to me. 

Screw that ... we'll take "wins" any where we can find them, he committed it counts .....😂

• Haha 2

22 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Stay safe, it sounds like it’s going to be an active season for you Floridians. 

Meh, piece of cake ... 

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,724
  • Days Won:  109

8 hours ago, Brad said:

It is odd. My wife is a big fan of his because he almost came to USF.  I would have liked him much better had he attended and we made it to the finals in golf with him.   Know the coach stays in touch with guy so he's probably a good kid. Don't root against him but doesn't really matter one way or the other to me.  Waiting for Chase Koepka to break through.

• Topic Count:  95
  • Content Count:  2,433
  • Days Won:  3

He can join Jose Fernandez (R.I.P) in the “almost enrolled” USF athletics hall of fame. 

8 hours ago, CousinRicky said:

It is odd. My wife is a big fan of his because he almost came to USF.  I would have liked him much better had he attended and we made it to the finals in golf with him.   Know the coach stays in touch with guy so he's probably a good kid. Don't root against him but doesn't really matter one way or the other to me.  Waiting for Chase Koepka to break through.

1 hour ago, zarnozdabull said:

He can join Jose Fernandez (R.I.P) in the “almost enrolled” USF athletics hall of fame. 

Yeah, it is like a guy committing in baseball and then going in the draft.  Cardieri was good at that

• Topic Count:  291
  • Content Count:  2,667
  • Days Won:  0

On 7/6/2021 at 10:45 PM, CousinRicky said:

Just dawned on me. This guy never played for USF. Was committed but ended winning or came in second in top amateur tournament so turned pro before attending.

That and he didn't meet the TOEFL score requirements. We've lost a couple different commits to that, some to UF since they have a lower score requirement. 

• Topic Count:  721
  • Content Count:  6,754
  • Days Won:  19

On 7/7/2021 at 1:07 PM, zarnozdabull said:

Jose was one of my favorite baseball players (Fantasy baseball is my side gig). Horrible that the Miami drug scene did him in. He was a generational type talent that went the Doc Gooden route. Terrible ending for him...

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,724
  • Days Won:  109

11 hours ago, bullsmeanbusiness said:

That and he didn't meet the TOEFL score requirements. We've lost a couple different commits to that, some to UF since they have a lower score requirement. 

I remember losing one golfer to them. Didn't know Joaquin wasn't going to qualify.