• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

NCAA approves athletes getting paid

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,712
  • Days Won:  424

3 hours ago, Brad said:

Yeah....so a program that needs the funds won't get them from businesses that would rather pay the athletes directly.  

#EndScholarships

And USF's problem is/will be that they don't/won't have a whole lot of either to begin with ...

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,331
  • Content Count:  97,070
  • Days Won:  469

5 minutes ago, Triple B said:

And USF's problem is/will be that they don't/won't have a whole lot of either to begin with ...

The fact we have little of either is the problem.  Paying players hurts USF in more ways than one. 

"It's an opportunity to start your own business today, everything we've usually done in student-athlete enhancement is preparing you for the future...it's giving an opportunity today to start that business." -

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,272
  • Days Won:  255

25 minutes ago, Triple B said:

Comparing student athletes (which they still are) to crack whores.is it your intention to take almost every situation to ridiculous extremes? ....... And yes, that was a rhetorical question.

Yes but in this instance I think it perfectly captures that doing something for less because the market dictates it doesn’t make it more just or noble it’s born out of necessity and that you would whore yourself for less isn’t typically sold as a virtuous act, if anything it’s more looked down on plus the fact still remains you are in the same profession regardless of pay.

22 minutes ago, Brad said:

"It's an opportunity to start your own business today, everything we've usually done in student-athlete enhancement is preparing you for the future...it's giving an opportunity today to start that business." -

Seems like a natural place to get marketing advice, maybe they can tell the businesses they should over pay them now because then they will use that money to become a more valuable endorsement in the future which they can then pay more money for if it actually works out.

Are the players allowed to do their business in USF uniform?

image.png

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  7,683
  • Days Won:  17

Another article about the Miami deal

manny-diaz-092321-getty-ftrjpg_16fhg6wqt

Miami is pushing the boundaries on NIL in just a week. Will that lead to a program resurgence?

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  7,683
  • Days Won:  17

4 minutes ago, Brad said:

Are the players allowed to do their business in USF uniform?

image.png

facebook-default-wide.jpg?s=1400

NPR's Leila Fadel speaks with Sports Illustrated's Ross Dellenger about the new and chaotic rule changes approved by the NCAA allowing student athletes to profit from...

DELLENGER: Well, I think some of the notable differences are the use of the school's trademarks, a school's marks and logos. Can an athlete use the school's marks and logos in a commercial or any kind of endorsement deal? Some schools are going to allow that. Some are going to allow that on a situational basis. Others are not going to allow it at all. Some state laws prohibit it completely. Some allow it. Some leave it up to the schools. So that's a big one. You can imagine if you're recruiting a high school athlete, and he says, if I appear in a commercial once I get to your school, can I wear the school's hat, you know, or my uniform, my jersey in the commercial, and if the answer is no and then he asks the same to another school and the answer is yes, maybe that's the difference. These things can be very small on where an athlete chooses to go to school.

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,916
  • Days Won:  67

7 hours ago, Triple B said:

My post was based on UM players getting $6K and USF players getting $0 so another swing and a miss on your hypocrisy ******** …… unless I’ve totally underestimated the power of Yoke, whatever the **** Yoke is. 

So if a USF player does make money then you agree with me? Which some will , so you will be booing them too?  I was busy but obviously PUC outlined the hypocrisy clearly.  Just because you enjoy the strip joints in Drew Park and I prefer the doll house, a stripper is still a stripper and your efforts to differentiate the two is weak. 

16 minutes ago, Friscobull said:

So if a USF player does make money then you agree with me? Which some will , so you will be booing them too?  I was busy but obviously PUC outlined the hypocrisy clearly.  Just because you enjoy the strip joints in Drew Park and I prefer the doll house, a stripper is still a stripper and your efforts to differentiate the two is weak. 

I think everyone in business has done things for money that they weren’t exactly happy about doing but they justified because the money they were being offered justified selling just another little piece of their soul and someone was going to do it anyway. Getting paid more for doing the same job makes it more justified to do it not less, it’s okay to be a whore (for the right price) but don’t be a slut.