• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

MBB Travelling to Philly Sunday

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  225
  • Days Won:  0

Due to SMUs suspension of athletic activities, AAC adds Temple Sunday at 2pm. Then back in Tampa Wednesday at 7pm. Hey at least we're trying to get something done with this season 

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,608
  • Days Won:  424

The American Announces Changes to USF Hoops Schedule

February 18, 2021

IRVING, TEXAS, FEB. 18, 2021 – The American Athletic Conference has announced two changes to the University of South Florida men's basketball schedule.

USF's upcoming game at SMU on Saturday has been postponed due to a suspension of activities within the Mustang program.

The Bulls will now travel to Philadelphia, Pa., for a 2 p.m. matchup against Temple on Sunday, Feb. 21 that will air live on ESPN+. USF and Temple will meet for a second time later in the week on Wednesday, Feb. 24 at 7 p.m. at the Yuengling Center.

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  424
  • Days Won:  1

Very winnable game. Hoping Gregory can get this turned around and then surprise in the conference tournament! 

• Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  3,576
  • Days Won:  6

Ok so we wont lose to SMU that's a good thing, I'll count that as a win. Temple?  UCF was supposed to be a win. Tulane another winnable game. I can't even guess on it anymore. They look disjointed. If they don't kick it in the butt this game and start racking up some wins....????  They come across as a slow, unenthusiastic team exhibiting flashes of skill at times but cant finish a game. 2 mins of mad dash hustle prior to the half and 2 mins prior to the final buzzer doesn't make a winning team.  To bad

10 minutes ago, BulledOver said:

Ok so we wont lose to SMU that's a good thing, I'll count that as a win. Temple?  UCF was supposed to be a win. Tulane another winnable game. I can't even guess on it anymore. They look disjointed. If they don't kick it in the butt this game and start racking up some wins....????  They come across as a slow, unenthusiastic team exhibiting flashes of skill at times but cant finish a game. 2 mins of mad dash hustle prior to the half and 2 mins prior to the final buzzer doesn't make a winning team.  To bad

This year is a throw away year and nobody should be held accountable for results during a pandemic, especially when the program had to be shut down. Gregory is building a program with talent and just needs a full, normal off season to get this team to gel. He did have some pretty decent offensive teams at Dayton and Georgia Tech - this guy knows offense!

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

Lose this game and we are looking at 9/10 place this year. 

4 minutes ago, bjef4844 said:

This year is a throw away year and nobody should be held accountable for results during a pandemic, especially when the program had to be shut down. Gregory is building a program with talent and just needs a full, normal off season to get this team to gel. In Gregory's last year at Georgia Tech they were #75 nationally in OER - this guy knows offense!

Just now, NewEnglandBull said:

Lose this game and we are looking at 9/10 place this year. 

At least we had a a season.

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

12 minutes ago, bjef4844 said:

At least we had a a season.

99% of the schools had a season so no big deal...

• Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  3,576
  • Days Won:  6

1 hour ago, bjef4844 said:

This year is a throw away year and nobody should be held accountable for results during a pandemic, especially when the program had to be shut down. Gregory is building a program with talent and just needs a full, normal off season to get this team to gel. He did have some pretty decent offensive teams at Dayton and Georgia Tech - this guy knows offense!

Yep, there is all that but.....looking around at our conference there seems to be teams that have had similar hurdles thrown at then but they are playing some good ball winning games. I like CBG. And yes he did produce some winning teams but, the big one always seemed to be out of reach. When I see out of control, solo drive attempts to the basket only to lose the ball-get stuffed-fall down...makes you wonder why they keep reverting to street ball. Of course, idea-grab a lay up or..get fouled, prob is our FT %pretty much sucks. Look at how easily Tulane scored on lay up's..They pull our D out leaving a clear shot at the bucket. Poor O, poor D, poor FT shooting, poor shooting %....Teams have us figured out and shut us down. Wow! Just think if I wasn't a fan/believer how critical I could be...ha!  

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,691
  • Days Won:  108

6 hours ago, BulledOver said:

I must have blinked.  There may be some athleticism but not seeing this thing called skill.

Edited by CousinRicky