• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

MBB Travelling to Philly Sunday

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  424
  • Days Won:  1

12 hours ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Blah blah blah the only stat that matters in this world is wins and loses. 

In the long run I agree with you, but Gregory has changed the culture of the program since he came on board and that has to count for something. The rust they showed against Houston was understandable, plus they were playing against a Top 10 team. In Gregory's post game press conference he said the team had emptied the tank against them leading to the team to be flat against Tulane.  The UCF loss was not good, especially with how they got any shot they wanted - Durr being out didn't help. I actually thought the team was playing well right before they had to shut it down and clearly they are still feeling them impacts on the layoff.

I know there is plenty to be negative about, but it feels better to try and find the positive and hope this group can find their stride heading into the conference tournament. Hopefully by then we will see the team that was predicted to finish in the Top 4 or 5 of the conference.

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

1 hour ago, bjef4844 said:

Temple

Collins - 16

Yetna - 7

65%

Talk about staying positive...

30 rock eye roll GIF by TV Land Classic

25 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Talk about staying positive...

30 rock eye roll GIF by TV Land Classic

To win these contests you have to go the opposite direction sometimes. My original post was taking the USF side but everyone has piled up there early. I actually expect Temple to small favorite here.

Edited by bjef4844

• Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  3,576
  • Days Won:  6

19 hours ago, CousinRicky said:

I must have blinked.  There may be some athleticism but not seeing this thing called skill.

Yes you must pay attention to the game or you might miss it. It's that "thing" where you see them moving the ball and hitting the shot. You perk up and start to get interested even enthused. Maybe they are going to walk away with this game..Alright!!  And then _                                                                                                                                                                                  ⬇️                                                                                                                                                                                   It's over we lose by 15 or 3 or 8    

But !!  Sometimes we do win the first half so there's that....

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

2 hours ago, bjef4844 said:

To win these contests you have to go the opposite direction sometimes. My original post was taking the USF side but everyone has piled up there early. I actually expect Temple to small favorite here.

🤣🤣 this is definitely BryBull...the giveaway is the answer on betting Temple. 

Guest Jonesy Bull
5 hours ago, bjef4844 said:

In the long run I agree with you, but Gregory has changed the culture of the program since he came on board and that has to count for something. The rust they showed against Houston was understandable, plus they were playing against a Top 10 team. In Gregory's post game press conference he said the team had emptied the tank against them leading to the team to be flat against Tulane.  The UCF loss was not good, especially with how they got any shot they wanted - Durr being out didn't help. I actually thought the team was playing well right before they had to shut it down and clearly they are still feeling them impacts on the layoff.

I know there is plenty to be negative about, but it feels better to try and find the positive and hope this group can find their stride heading into the conference tournament. Hopefully by then we will see the team that was predicted to finish in the Top 4 or 5 of the conference.

The last 2 games have been dissappointing given the competition and what felt like being out hustled for long stretches of the games.

42 minutes ago, Jonesy Bull said:

The last 2 games have been dissappointing given the competition and what felt like being out hustled for long stretches of the games.

If we were going to make a move those were two games we had to have.

Guest Jonesy Bull
37 minutes ago, bjef4844 said:

If we were going to make a move those were two games we had to have.

At this point in the season its basically too late to make a "move" if you are referring to a Tourney berth.  But still like to see us play better against what at least is conceived to be equal competition.

I'll continue to watch the games till the end.  And hope for better next year.  Meanwhile will root on the girls to win the Conference and make some noise in the Tourney.

50 minutes ago, Jonesy Bull said:

At this point in the season its basically too late to make a "move" if you are referring to a Tourney berth.  But still like to see us play better against what at least is conceived to be equal competition.

I'll continue to watch the games till the end.  And hope for better next year.  Meanwhile will root on the girls to win the Conference and make some noise in the Tourney.

You are right. I guess I am holding out hope that they can get hot going into the conference tournament and then catch a little magic. As a prior poster mentioned we were predicted 4th or 5th in conference and those players are still here, so hoping they can get it together in time to make a run.

The offense is just missing a facilitator. We actually rank 6th in ppg in the AAC, but are last in assists and assist-to-turnover ratio. By just being league average in those two areas the offense will begin to click.

Murphy should be that playmaker but he hasn't grown into that roll yet. His performance against UCF was abysmal - his ball handling led to 16 shots (only 4 makes), 0 free throw attempts and only 1 assist. He has an ugly jumper and should be a pass first, shoot second player at this point in his career. He's a freshman, so likely just need to get him into the gym in the offseason and work on mechanics.

If this team can get a facilitator then passing becomes contagious, and we can take advantage of the athleticism that Gregory has assembled.