• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

The newest disaster

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  207
  • Content Count:  3,448
  • Days Won:  19

3 hours ago, CousinRicky said:

I was talking with another Iron Bull recently and he's a huge baskets fan and has football season tickets.  I don't know if USF is his Alma Mater.  But he is getting tired of the mediocrity in MBB and football.  We need to get better sooner rather than later.  Being a college fan is a bit different than being a pro sports fan. You aren't expected to make contributions to a pro team.  College sports need financial support so eventually, in my case, I'd like to be entertained. A basketball team that can't score 60 points isn't fun to watch. A football team that struggles offensively isn't fun to watch. I can live with a loss if we score and get outscored. I get frustrated as heck when, once a team falls behind, you know there is no chance of winning because you know we can't score enough points.  

Awww, come on now Rick.  You know you love the masochism almost as much as I do.   See you again next year...

14 minutes ago, bjef4844 said:

I'm just trying to be positive. I understand the frustration - losing is never fun. But if our leaders fail I want to know we at least gave them our full support. 

It is so heart wrenching trying to determine when being loving and supportive transitions into being an enabler.   I have poured my heart, soul, money and sweat equity into supporting the Bulls for many years with oh so little evidence of progress.  Now is a particularly low point and it is understandable that the USF athletics program is struggling to make it through.  But it always seems there is another low point just ahead.  It's like dealing with a beloved addict but in this case I'm not sure who is suffering from the real addiction.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,609
  • Days Won:  424

3 hours ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Either that or this is an inside Athletics Department person looking for love that is not here...or it’s the return of Brybull with a new schtick.

You are smarter than you look ....

• Haha 1

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,253
  • Days Won:  255

33 minutes ago, bjef4844 said:

I'm just trying to be positive. I understand the frustration - losing is never fun. But if our leaders fail I want to know we at least gave them our full support. 

Does this undying loyalty to people being paid handsomely to fail miserably spill into any other part of your life. Their jobs are not to try their best they are to succeed and if they just tried to for once go over the ever dropping bar they continue to crawl under support would go up with it as well. We fund their failings and there is no evidence that this group will not squander every extra penny given to them. At some point there has to be some form of expectations on professionals and if they do not care for the criticism that comes with their station they should actually try to do better or recognize their incompetence and find something more suited for them. Even pyramid schemes recognize that they have to pay off sometimes to at least some people, I can’t remember the last time it felt like it paid off to be a USF fan.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,253
  • Days Won:  255

3 minutes ago, Triple B said:

At least it helps pass the time, i want to believe 

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

55 minutes ago, Triple B said:

Thanks...

Sexy Hot Girl GIF by Cappa Video ProductionsYes 

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  424
  • Days Won:  1

1 hour ago, puc86 said:

Does this undying loyalty to people being paid handsomely to fail miserably spill into any other part of your life. Their jobs are not to try their best they are to succeed and if they just tried to for once go over the ever dropping bar they continue to crawl under support would go up with it as well. We fund their failings and there is no evidence that this group will not squander every extra penny given to them. At some point there has to be some form of expectations on professionals and if they do not care for the criticism that comes with their station they should actually try to do better or recognize their incompetence and find something more suited for them. Even pyramid schemes recognize that they have to pay off sometimes to at least some people, I can’t remember the last time it felt like it paid off to be a USF fan.

No because sports is different than the rest of life. 

• Haha 1