• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Signing Day - Part Deux

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,918
  • Days Won:  67

2 minutes ago, puc86 said:

He could have tried doing well and then I would have been singing his praises instead of pointing out how his accomplishments stack up against his expectations. I didn’t set the bar terribly high just do better than what got CCS fired.

I am trying to put the first year behind us and was as critical as anyone.  I will wait to see what he does this year and decide if we got a diamond in the rough or the corn 🌽 in our ****.  I am optimistic only because I am every year, I don’t like to rely on facts in my hopes and dreams.

Guest Jonesy Bull
1 hour ago, Friscobull said:

I am trying to put the first year behind us and was as critical as anyone.  I will wait to see what he does this year and decide if we got a diamond in the rough or the corn 🌽 in our ****.  I am optimistic only because I am every year, I don’t like to rely on facts in my hopes and dreams.

Are you sure about that my boy?  That seems to be extremely contradictory to most of your posts -  my buddy buddy buddy.  But OK if you say so, I'll be the easy going sweet nice guy tonight.

Last statement totally true about relying on facts.  You nailed that one.

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

12 minutes ago, Jonesy Bull said:

Are you sure about that my boy?  That seems to be extremely contradictory to most of your posts -  my buddy buddy buddy.  But OK if you say so, I'll be the easy going sweet nice guy tonight.

Last statement totally true about relying on facts.  You nailed that one.

@Friscobullis like me...we get all jazzed up during the off season... by game three we get pissy, by game 7 we are calling our mafia buddies to see if a few players can “disappear,” by game 12 we are making arrangements to take a flame thrower to the athletic center. So for right now all is good, all is calm, all is nice. 

Edited by NewEnglandBull
  • Upvote 1

Guest Jonesy Bull
7 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

@Friscobullis like me...we get all jazzed up during the off season... by game three we get pissy, by game 7 we are calling our mafia buddies to see if a few players can “disappear,” by game 12 we are making arrangements to take a flame thrower to the athletic center. So for right now all is good, all is calm, all is nice. 

As long as you "Goodfellas" boys don't have Jonesy on your hit list, then cool.  In fact, if you trust me enough, you can cut me in on your little NY Italian Mafia crew.  I could be a good "Go-boy" for you guys, and would never ever snitch!  Of course, for a price.

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

3 minutes ago, Jonesy Bull said:

As long as you "Goodfellas" boys don't have Jonesy on your hit list, then cool.  In fact, if you trust me enough, you can cut me in on your little NY Italian Mafia crew.  I could be a good "Go-boy" for you guys, and would never ever snitch!  Of course, for a price.

I Cant Do That Marlon Brando GIF by The Godfather

11 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Yep, us in a nutshell, we are passionate and not always rationale pretty much like every other die hard fan. Nice take NEB

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

4 hours ago, 84Bull said:

The Academies have Prep schools where athletes can be sent to work on academics. They have their own athletic teams so It also kinda serves as a red shirt season. Enlisted personnel who get accepted into an academy also get sent there.

I know the service academies have a pretty high standard for acceptance, does a kid who has trouble getting into a state school like ours still qualify for an academy, but gets sent to a Prep School? I only ask this because if a kid who can’t quite qualify for us still has the grades to get into an academy Prep School? If so, that would make sense for our guys who have offers at Army or Navy, but can’t get into USF still have the grades to get into the Prep School.

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,272
  • Days Won:  255

1 minute ago, JTrue said:

I know the service academies have a pretty high standard for acceptance, does a kid who has trouble getting into a state school like ours still qualify for an academy, but gets sent to a Prep School? I only ask this because if a kid who can’t quite qualify for us still has the grades to get into an academy Prep School? If so, that would make sense for our guys who have offers at Army or Navy, but can’t get into USF still have the grades to get into the Prep School.

23 minutes ago, JTrue said:

I had a sister, brother in-law and a niece all graduate from a service academy, USAF.  They do relax a tad for Athletics for acceptance but not that much.  The classes only have  1500-1800 cadets and they don’t waste those slots on knuckleheads. I call bs  on this prep school crap. 

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

8 minutes ago, Friscobull said:

I had a sister, brother in-law and a niece all graduate from a service academy, USAF.  They do relax a tad for Athletics for acceptance but not that much.  The classes only have  1500-1800 cadets and they don’t waste those slots on knuckleheads. I call bs  on this prep school crap. 

Service Academies aren't that far behind Ivy league schools on acceptance. That's where my confusion was. If a kid is able to qualify for a scholarship at Army or Navy, how could they not qualify for us? Unless things have changed since I was teaching HS, dob't you someone from Congress to vouch for you?

Edited by JTrue