• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Don’t count on Cade

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,141
  • Days Won:  39

Just now, Mango028 said:

Unfortunately not right now. I see no talent and no creativity from coaches. It’s the worst combination. 

I am praying to the dark football arts that the horrific playcalling is because we don't have anyone that can throw?  I don't know.

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  536
  • Days Won:  0

2 minutes ago, Rocky Style said:

I am praying to the dark football arts that the horrific playcalling is because we don't have anyone that can throw?  I don't know.

I hope so. 

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  1,215
  • Days Won:  1

32 minutes ago, Rocky Style said:

Fortin can spin it. Not giving CWJ a pass by any means, but it has to be difficult to put together a game plan with this offense. First and foremost, we (kinda) have 3 QB’s who all have different skill sets. 

Neither McCloud nor Johnson can stretch the field vertically, allowing defenses to bring extra guys down. Pair that with undersized RB’s behind a finesse (being nice) OL unit and you see the result. 

I’ve been preaching the start Fortin chorus all year, not only because I think he’s far and away the best QB on the roster, but if you watch his UNC film you’ll see he can throw the deep ball. Simply threatening teams to respect the deep ball would help our running game immensely. Without the vertical threat, we’re feeding 170lb RB’s to 250lb LBs and hoping to have success.

You’re relying on a lot of window dressing and misdirection to hopefully create some type of run game. Well, that’s not working. 

In the pass game, we’re seeing a lot of tight windows because defenders aren’t afraid to get beat deep. They’re willing to be play tight zones and keep guys inside to take away the short throws. Combine that with the velocity and accuracy issues of JM and NJ, and that’s not going to lead to very much success either 

That’s what we’re seeing  

Edited by IBulleve
  • Like 1

• Topic Count:  246
  • Content Count:  6,348
  • Days Won:  8

10 minutes ago, Rocky Style said:

My theory about our offensive system is Weis and Scott really don’t understand the level of talent available to AAC teams yet. 

The reason teams like USF and others started running read option offenses from the spread was because it didn’t require huge road grater lineman. We needed a good athletic QB that understood the offense and could hit receivers when needed. They called it the “equalizer” that allowed smaller, faster teams to compete against the bigger, stronger teams.  We were successful when we started to implement it in 2005 then Grothe and Daniels. 
We got in trouble when Holtz tried to make BJ a pocket passer. Then went downhill from there. 

then Taggart came in a famously said we will run it down their throats and they won’t stop us even when they know its coming. That sucked for 2 1/2 years until he started spreading them out and let athletes do their thing. 

Strong tried more traditional power running which leads us yo Scott/Weis. So far same crap. 

Sure, it can be changed to a successful more traditional pocket passing/running game, but it will take 3 or 4 years to get the personnel recruited on the line, QB and RBs then matured physically. 

with a dual threat QB and if taught properly, we have the personnel Now, to be dynamic running the spread.  You have RB coach that was one of the most prolific guys to ever run the spread.  Let him teach it  

Trying to run between the tackles and pass from the pocket with 155lb and 170lb RBs and a slow footed, slow wind up QB with an OL That is smallish and pass protects like a sieve is the proverbial round peg square hole argument.  

Wrong offense for this personnel and Scott/Weis are trying to pound their offensive down the defenses’ throats  

I see them making Same mistakes as Holtz, Taggart and strong.

• Topic Count:  246
  • Content Count:  6,348
  • Days Won:  8

I truly believe Weis needs an offensive guru (I guess they call it offensive analyst now) as a mentor. I think he is in over his head so far. And Scott is learning too. 

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,272
  • Days Won:  255

6 minutes ago, usfgrad84 said:

I truly believe Weis needs an offensive guru (I guess they call it offensive analyst now) as a mentor. I think he is in over his head so far. And Scott is learning too. 

I’m just spitballing here but what if we tried not making the analyst the most experienced and qualified person on the staff? Maybe when we hired a coach with no head coaching experience he probably should have considered hiring coordinators with some experience instead of a 12 year old that got fired from FAU simply because he was pressed for time, moonlighting as our head coach and had a Groupon for the entire FAU staff.

• Upvote 2

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  30
  • Content Count:  613
  • Days Won:  2

ANYONE ELSE READY FOR BASKETBALL

• Topic Count:  399
  • Content Count:  4,679
  • Days Won:  4

7 hours ago, usfgrad84 said:

You mean like a former OC for Bobby Bowden? 

• Topic Count:  399
  • Content Count:  4,679
  • Days Won:  4

Cade looked a little bit like what we were expecting. I’m thinking he wasn’t really ready from a practice standpoint his first game and then this one got cut short. Hoping for the best and his shoulder 

Edited by BrassBulls12

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

Watching that game I came to the conclusion that we are tiny at every position