• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

BE Expansion

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  826
  • Content Count:  10,874
  • Days Won:  2

Joe, who happens to be a UCF apologist, is wrong.  The BE expansion discussion is derived from the fact that the current BE structure is part of a five year agreement between the football schools and the non-football schools, both of which number eight.  The football schools wanted a nine team structure, but the non-football schools did not because they would be outnumbered.  It is highly anticipated that the end of the five year agreement will bring a change of some sort.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

Ugh...Mike, I am not a UCF apologist, I am a realist. I attend USF and am a Bulls fan. Other than friends I have no connection to UCF. My family went to Florida, ND, and Pitt respectivly. I have in no way apologized or pledge allegiance to UCF. Have I supported their side in some of our arguments, yes. The fact of the matter is that many on this board try and tell me UCF is in our rearview, yet many still talk about them.

Note to those people, if you don't want to talk UCF don't carry on conversations with those from UCF and they would leave.

Now to the BE, yes that is part of the deal (the 5 year contract) and I never said the pressure to add a 9th school would be done next week. However, Louisville, Syracuse, and WVU have asked for a contengency plan for a 9th team so that they may schedule beyond 2010. Having 5 OOC conference games makes it very hard for a school to schedule at the strength of the other 5 BCS conferences.

Don't shoot the messenger, if you want more info ask the Louisville board...

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,272
  • Days Won:  255

Hold your breath, please.

• Topic Count:  99
  • Content Count:  4,517
  • Days Won:  0

Ugh...Mike, I am not a UCF apologist, I am a realist. I attend USF and am a Bulls fan. Other than friends I have no connection to UCF. My family went to Florida, ND, and Pitt respectivly. I have in no way apologized or pledge allegiance to UCF. Have I supported their side in some of our arguments, yes.

Joe, no offense but you ARE a UCF apologist. It's OK, though, they need all the help they can get ...

The fact of the matter is that many on this board try and tell me UCF is in our rearview, yet many still talk about them.

A perfect example .....

Note to those people, if you don't want to talk UCF don't carry on conversations with those from UCF and they would leave

You're kidding, right? They will never leave. They're like Bill Murray in "What About Bob?" No matter what you do or say, they are just THERE, no matter what....

• Group:  UCF Knights
  • Topic Count:  207
  • Content Count:  2,276

That looks nice.  

How many corporate boxes will it have?

Yeah...it is...especially considering what we've had to play in...and in such a low rated conference.

We are glad to get out of BOTH!

Not sure how many boxes they will have...there is a drawing of what the boxes will look like (they look SWEET! look at link)

http://ucfathletics.collegesports.com/sports/w-baskbl/spec-rel/101705aaa.html?pic=0

We have already sold out of the first sky boxes in our new football stadium (believe all 20 have been spoken for...plans are being made for quick additions for more soon).

Hopefully the Arena and CUSA will help UCF attract better HS players...because without a strong team in a much better conference...new buildings won't be enough to sustain attendance down the line.

KL

But does it have a pirate ship? No, then it sucks ::)

• Topic Count:  112
  • Content Count:  709

Trip, this is a great example of what most USF posters offer.  You should be proud.

Sorry the truth hurts you so much.  I forgpt that Rutgers was great.  I mean they beat Buffalo, Navy, and Pitt.  All powerhouses.  ::)

• Topic Count:  112
  • Content Count:  709

I am still trying to figure out the connection between the Bulls and Pirates.   :-X

I guess they do not cover analytical thinking and reading comprehension in tech school ???

Some of our fans think that a new stadium would not be a benefit because it would lack some luxuries. While others, myself included, think that these are small sacrifices in order to create a better atmosphere. The point is the sketches of your stadium looks nice and would be state of the art enough for me and anyone else that cares about watching the game instead of standing around talking to their friends, the ship and all other supposed luxuries would not be as missed as some would like to pretend nor does your stadium look like doom and erector set that has been discussed.

Congratulations you should be happy :D