• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

BE Expansion

• Group:  UCF Knights
  • Topic Count:  207
  • Content Count:  2,276
  • Days Won:  0

Has anyone seen UCF's basketball facility NO WAY!

FYI...Construction of the new 10,000 seat Basketball Convocation Center/Arena just started this fall.

Here's some shots of what it will look like. (Also, this new Arena is just part of the $250 Million Athletic and Dorm Village Project that started last summer. 2 of the 4 new Dorms are completed...and with the new Arena, a retail mall that will include an Outback Restaurant, Ron Jon Surf Shop, Sports Bar, etc...is also included.)

New UCF Arena

http://www.fp.ucf.edu/images/ProjectPhotos/ConvocationCenter/rendering1.jpg

http://www.fp.ucf.edu/images/ProjectPhotos/ConvocationCenter/rendering2.jpg

http://ucfathletics.collegesports.com/sports/w-baskbl/spec-rel/101705aaa.html?pic=2

http://ucfathletics.collegesports.com/sports/w-baskbl/spec-rel/101705aaa.html?pic=0

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Content Count:  55

That looks nice.  

How many corporate boxes will it have?

• Topic Count:  128
  • Content Count:  580

Mavtech - this thread will be much better without any UCF fans chiming in.

UCF vs USF board is a better place for us to sell our schools to eachother.  

By UCF fans even contributing, this discussion will never even have the chance to move away to another school which could be the best choice for expansion if you were in USFs shoes (which is what this thread is about.)

UCFKnights04 for moderator 2008.

• Topic Count:  999
  • Content Count:  19,229
  • Days Won:  1

By UCF fans even contributing, this discussion will never even have the chance to move away to another school which could be the best choice for expansion if you were in USFs shoes (which is what this thread is about.)

UCFKnights04 for moderator 2008.

LOL... ;D

• Topic Count:  826
  • Content Count:  10,874
  • Days Won:  2

The reality is that USF should NOT vote for UCF to join, regardless of whether or not UCF is the best choice from a rational standpoint.  USF is better served to see UCF stay in a mid-major conference.  Since USF needs to vote what is going to be best for USF, it should vote against UCF.

However, I expect that USF would vote for UCF to join.  The other hand of reality is that there would be political pressure from the state to help UCF, and I think that a behind the table deal would be worked out that would help USF get state funding for some of the buildings that we drastically need but the Governor's Office keeps cutting out of any budget.

• Topic Count:  99
  • Content Count:  4,517

Mavtech - this thread will be much better without any UCF fans chiming in.

Why stop with this thread?

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  21

Which teams would the Big East most likely choose from for expansion?

I have seen Navy, ND, Penn St, Memphis, ECU and obviously UCF. Is there anyone else the Big East is likely to choose?

Is the Big East expansion a "definate thing"?

Thanks!

• Topic Count:  99
  • Content Count:  4,517

Well, I apologize for posting the truth that you don't like to hear.  Yes, it is all speculation but I believe that at this point in time we could beat Syracuse and Rutgers straight up.  I think the only definite losable games would be WVU and UL.  I think we could beat UConn and Pitt definitely at home and maybe on the road.  I think we can beat you guys at home as well.  So, it is not too far a stretch to say what I said.  Just because you didn't like it isn't grounds for saying it is wrong (as you implied).

Silly Kanigits. Beat a few crap CUSA teams and you get all stupid AGAIN ........... Get back to yor cage.

• Topic Count:  53
  • Content Count:  1,757

If you really wanted a realistic working expansion and guarantee an automatic BCS spot the Big East needs the following:

1. Notre Dame and Navy.  

IF you could convince those two teams then you could probably get at least 2 of the following teams to jump ship from the ACC:  Georgia Tech, North Carolina, Wake Forest and Duke...

All teams that have no legitamate chance of a conference championship now that they're loaded at the top of their conference.  If you could get Tech and Carolina, you'd have a super-power conference in TV market shares alone.  

Whoever we get, needs to be from a large city to fit the mold, so to speak.  

• Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

Suddith, I believe there is pressure comming for football scheduling purposes, the league expanded to 8 when there were 11 games. However, now that there are 12 games that leaves 5 OOC games to schedule.

Twilly, although that is a great senrio, it will NEVER happen.