• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

BE Expansion

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  2,696
  • Content Count:  6,928
  • Days Won:  0

SCREW UCF!

P.S. nothing personal.....

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  1,088
  • Content Count:  8,158
  • Days Won:  3

No on UCF, simply for the reason that we'd have to listen to delusional fans like Mav spew their "facts" on our board on a regular basis.

Guest Bullistic930

Absolutely NO on UCF.  I realize we've got some BE love going on....but my loyalty is to USF first.

Recruiting here is already a nightmare with 4 indigenous BCS teams and all the recruiters from outside coming in. (Rutgers, etc)

I dont know why everyone is obsessed with the UCF rivalry.  If it comes to that, we are doomed to forever be known as just another directional FL team. We need to fry bigger fish. I know UCF is a good school academically, but for whatever reason the football thing is having a hard time getting off the ground there. USF on the other hand is having unprecedented success. Let the Darwin effect play itself out.  Take UCF off life support.

They basically want the same thing we want...to turn Florida football into the "Big 4". The bottom line is that there just ain't no room for the "Big 5". It's us or them and we're light years ahead. F'em.

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  148

Amen....I agree we probably already have a bigger rivalyry with Louisville or Pitt than we will ever have with UCF, that may change, but playing them does nothing for us (maybe a 1-AA win for bowl eligibility) but even if they are in the same conference, they can really do nothing to either of our programs but potentially hurt us.  The only good thing now is our exiting requirement w/ CUSA requires us to play 1 CUSA team for I think for the next 5 years, so as far as that goes we are satisfying it and "testing" the fans reactions.  But in the grander scheme, I say we push to play Rice, why take chances with non-BE games now, with the exception of FAMU, we really didn't have any cupcakes on the schedule this year.  With UNC, Auburn and our BE games next year, we shouldn't take chances with a potential loss to an albiet slow but improving UCF team.  I realize it is an easy game to get to either way, but they as well are recruiting from the same well as we are.  The Gators, Seminoles & 'canes recruit the best here do to thier success and their conferences.  We are a strong 4rth (maybe a 3rd with players who won't start at other bigger schools), if UCF go into the BE, they could potentially have a more attractive package for recruits, longer history, new stadium and the same sales pitch on the BE we make.  I really hope the BE stays with 8 teams.  

• Topic Count:  999
  • Content Count:  19,229
  • Days Won:  1

1)  We know they will want to play us all the time, so we can get a game with them annually

2)  We need OOC games

Why would we want UCF in our conference?  We'd lose an OOC game, and have to fill that with someone else (DIAA?).

If they stay in CUSA, we get the benefit of playing a close OOC game that we can travel well to (or vice versa), without adding a 5th BCS school from FL.

• Topic Count:  112
  • Content Count:  709

Way to muck up an otherwise rational post with such stupidity ....

Well, I apologize for posting the truth that you don't like to hear.  Yes, it is all speculation but I believe that at this point in time we could beat Syracuse and Rutgers straight up.  I think the only definite losable games would be WVU and UL.  I think we could beat UConn and Pitt definitely at home and maybe on the road.  I think we can beat you guys at home as well.  So, it is not too far a stretch to say what I said.  Just because you didn't like it isn't grounds for saying it is wrong (as you implied).

As for the BE expansion, I think the solid choices for 3 teams are UCF, ECU, and Memphis.  USM is a really good program but it is also backwards ass too.  There broadcast of our game was simply awful and it just looks second rate IMO.

A couple of things to consider:

-> UCF Basketball has done TERRIFIC things recruiting in a TERRIBLE conference.  So, look for great things to happen soon.

-> The new convo center will simply be amazing and a great addition to BE basketball.

-> I really don't know about academics at Memphis but I am sure that can change pretty quick.  They offer a ton athletically.

-> UCF and ECU are VERY young teams (as is USF).  To judge us now without taking potential into account would be ridiculous.  I already know the powers that be are not looking at the situation like you guys are on this thread.

Well, I could say more but I will let you guys ATTEMPT to rip on that.  Of course, none of the ripping will be factual.

1)  We know they will want to play us all the time, so we can get a game with them annually

2)  We need OOC games

Why would we want UCF in our conference?  We'd lose an OOC game, and have to fill that with someone else (DIAA?).

If they stay in CUSA, we get the benefit of playing a close OOC game that we can travel well to (or vice versa), without adding a 5th BCS school from FL.

IF the BCS hangs around (and that is a big IF), there is nothing USF can say that will keep UCF out.

In the end, the shakeup will cause all 5 of us to be in or things will be so different that only the Big 3 will have a chance.  And that is as real a possibility as anything else.

But in the grander scheme, I say we push to play Rice, why take chances with non-BE games now

True.  I mean, why play any real competition?  ::)

• Topic Count:  37
  • Content Count:  1,480

IF the BCS hangs around (and that is a big IF), there is nothing USF can say that will keep UCF out.

In the end, the shakeup will cause all 5 of us to be in or things will be so different that only the Big 3 will have a chance.  And that is as real a possibility as anything else.

Ummm, well we are a full fledged member of the BE now so yes we would actually have a "say" on whether or not UCF becomes a member. Not the deciding factor but definitely can have influence.

I say F' em.  Shouldn't we want to separate ourselves from the "other" Florida schools.  

Shouldn't we have the "we want it all attitude" and take care of ourselves and not worry about UCF?  

I don't post here much but really don't understand why everyone always brings up UCF and whether or not it would be good or bad for them to be in the BE.  

I don't care what the upside is of their school, athletically or academically...we are USF and that's all that matters!

Well said.  You should post more often!