• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

BE Expansion

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  826
  • Content Count:  10,874
  • Days Won:  2

If a conference game is the catalyst for a rivalry, then we've got plenty of potential rivals... ::)

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  99
  • Content Count:  4,517
  • Days Won:  0

If a conference game is the catalyst for a rivalry, then we've got plenty of potential rivals... ::)

Sure do ....... and if things fall right, hopefully, Dec 3 plants a seed.  8)

• Topic Count:  724
  • Content Count:  10,219

I like the following Scenario and additions, the football teams break off and form  a new conference, with respect to old members we agree some type of olympic sports continued play for x # of years... The new conference, "United 12" breaks into conferences this way

North

UConn

Pitt

Cincy

Syracuse

WVU

Marshall

South

ECU

UCF

USF

Rutgers

Lville

Memphis

Each team plays 5 teams from their conference plus 3 others... Imagine the following Scenario... Home game Rutgers, Lville, Memphis, ECU....Away Games UCF, Lville, Marshall, and Pitt... Plus four other OOC games..

Say what you want we add ecu, marshall, memphis, and ucf and we get pretty close to other conferences..... Marshall will be back and ucf is getting better

Okay ND fans here's a scenario for you to...  

North

UConn

Pitt

Cincy

ND

WVU

South

ECU

UCF

USF

Rutgers

Lville

Syracuse

11 team conference with north South winners playing for BCS title,  each year ND has to play only 4 teams in the north (the four teams rotate each year... The South conference plays 5 of their own plus 3 others... the north plays 4 in the north and 4 others... The South winner is team with best record... The North is team with best winning percentage... There it is folks ND gets its cake and eats it and We get ND in Big East....  thank You Very Much!

CUSA+

• Topic Count:  41
  • Content Count:  562

if the big east expands to 12 teams total, and lop off the basketball schools, i wouldnt mind seeing UCF as a member-- under 1 condition: they remain in 1 division of the conference, and USF is in another division of the conference... much like miami and fsu are separated into the atlantic division and the coastal division-- that way, both could potentially meet each other in the Big East championship game... and, like miami/fsu, USF/UCF should annually play their games as the 1st game of the season.. it gets the game outta the way early and gives the losing team a shot at still making a BCS game (whether it be BE champ or at-large).  i like how miami fans were crying after the FSU loss because the game was 1st on the schedule and it didnt give them enough time for the team to gel, yet now that fsu has fallen twice, and other teams have fallen to the wayside, UM is comfortably at #3 in the nation  :P

regardless, thats my only take on bringing in UCF.. with those facilities that they are building, if UCF gets into a BCS conference, i think they are more of a sleeping giant than USF-- they just need better direction with their program.. we all know how LOADED the city of orlando is with its tourism, and if you have driven down orlando roads, its like driving through futureland, with nicely maintained medians, intersections, etc... and all the civically owned/built facilities in orlando are nice as well (i.e.-courthouses, airports, post offices)... point being- the money from the city is now matriculating into its university.. in my opinion, UCF is doing a better job of shedding its commuter school image with that little "village" that they are building around its basketball arena