• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

BE Expansion

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  999
  • Content Count:  19,229
  • Days Won:  1

Personally, I'd probably vote Memphis.

• Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

Velcro, with all due respect, I would have to disagree.

First, academics at Memphis are some of the worst in the country, the school underspends on all aspects of education and would pull the academic functions of our conference. UCF is considering, ACADEMICALLY, to be a rising school and is probably going to be receiving a Medical School in the next few year. And if you want to believe academics don't play into a conference ask the SEC why they still have Vandy, or the Big 12 why they have Baylor...

Second, Adding another basketball team to our conference will just hurt our ability to compete in that sport.

Third, cost, having that one game in Orlando a year will save the AD a lot of money. They won't have to travel to Memphis once a year.

Finally, Fan Interest, Obviously the UCF game drew well, sure winning will increase attendance too, but having that game every other year will help draw fans to RJS.

• Topic Count:  469
  • Content Count:  4,451
  • Days Won:  0

Prefer Navy, UAB or ECU geographically and realistically.  Dream about PSU, ND or SC.  I don't wanna give another school in FL a spot in a BCS conference due to recruiting competition but honesty my opinion on this changes monthly.  Joe, you make a good argument.

• Topic Count:  108
  • Content Count:  2,484

I voted maybe but I'm not sure what they could bring to the conference...not sure of other athletics. Another florida team in a BCS conference wouyld be nice

• Topic Count:  112
  • Content Count:  709

We would be the logical choice.  I have been hearing some good things lately.

With all that is happening on our campus and academically, how could anyone deny UCF a place at the table?  Yes, we did NOT deserve it two years ago.  But in two years, things will be very different.

Add in that we would already beat most of the current conference in Football already and you can see why the NBE will come calling.

Sorry.

• Topic Count:  999
  • Content Count:  19,229

Joe,  I said I would personally vote for them... how can you disagree with that?    Can you read my mind? ;) ;)

I would vote for memphis because of the strength in basketball.

I'm not concerned with the whole "making the big east too strong" idea.

There will eventually be a split between football and non-football playign members, and a bunch of that perceived strength will be gone.  We'll need another top notch basketball program (their football isn't that bad either), to replace the loss of depaul/marquette/nova/St Johns/etc/etc.

I am greedy regarding basketball.  I want us to do well and do well against the best.  I'd rather see us play memphis, who is always strong than UCF.  

Yes, UCF would save money IF that meant we weren't going to play them in our OOC schedule.

If we have a yearly OOC game against UCF... then there are no savings from a football perspective.  The game would be on the schedule regardless.  And actually, not having that as a conference game means we get an OOC game out of it, which we have had a hard enough time getting games scheduled, especially at home.

• Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  266

Has anyone seen UCF's basketball facility NO WAY!

Guest Bull_94

Baylor is in the Big 12 because the governor of Texas at the time of conference alignment was a Baylor alum. It had more to do with politics than academics. Similar to V Tech with Virginia during ACC raid. Governor strong armed the conference.

BE should get Army/Navy to split a spot. Each could play 4 teams a year. More prestige.

Or they should tell ND to join for FB or take all of their other teams to the Ohio Valley conference. I don't know why they roll over for ND. They do absolutely nothing for this conference. They could come up with a compromise so they keep all of their TV money, etc.

• Topic Count:  41
  • Content Count:  292

I say F' em.  Shouldn't we want to separate ourselves from the "other" Florida schools.  

Shouldn't we have the "we want it all attitude" and take care of ourselves and not worry about UCF?  

I don't post here much but really don't understand why everyone always brings up UCF and whether or not it would be good or bad for them to be in the BE.  

I don't care what the upside is of their school, athletically or academically...we are USF and that's all that matters!