• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Scott: Back to square one at the QB

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  246
  • Content Count:  6,348
  • Days Won:  8

I would like to see Johnson at RB.  

Give Fortin and McCloud a half each in the next few games and let's see how things separate.  This is, for all intent and purposes a scrimmage year.  Let's build for the future.  It is either Fortin or McCloud or at least we will know that Scott has some recruiting to do at the position.

• Topic Count:  55
  • Content Count:  6,740
  • Days Won:  17

4 minutes ago, CousinRicky said:

Only issue with the full game is the level of competition.  One guy starts v ND, another gets Cinci, another would have had the Citadel and another ECU.  Not a fair comparison.  But, the flip flopping isn't doing them any good.

That's why I said try to normalize for difficulty of competition. We would expect the QBs against ECU and the Citadel to have an easier go than those against any other team, and those against ND and UCF and even Cinci will have a hard go.

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

The only problem with keeping a QB in for an extended time is that as soon as he makes a bad throw everyone is screaming to put the other guy in. 

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  207
  • Content Count:  3,467
  • Days Won:  19

It seems every coach at some time or other tries to outsmart the game.  I was just watching a documentary on how Tom Landry at one point was swapping out Roger Staubach and Craig Morton after every play.  I think Coach Scott will figure out at some point he has to pick a horse and keep riding it even if we end up finishing this year's AAC derby last by several furlongs.

• Topic Count:  2,345
  • Content Count:  21,365
  • Days Won:  10

1 hour ago, Rocky Style said:

I kind of agree with this.  We are basically screwed so why not let someone like Fortin play a whole game?

Now, I agree, some players like Fortin should get a whole game.   He has not played much neither has Johnson. 

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,201
  • Days Won:  2

15 minutes ago, usfgrad84 said:

I would like to see Johnson at RB.  

Give Fortin and McCloud a half each in the next few games and let's see how things separate.  This is, for all intent and purposes a scrimmage year.  Let's build for the future.  It is either Fortin or McCloud or at least we will know that Scott has some recruiting to do at the position.

Yea Johnson at rb would bring a bigger body and still just as fast as others.  If he looked great could get him some looks by the NFL since no way he gets in as a qb. 

When we get a QB who is fast, throws decent (not perfect), and has scrambling ability our problems with be solved. 

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

I think you narrow it down down to McCloud and Fortin and figure it out after the ECU game. Both should get extended playing time the you roll with who steps up the rest of the way unless that guy face plants. 

Johnson should be mixed in as a wildcat change of pace and you redshirt Marsh/get him garbage time reps. 

• Like 2

Just now, Bull Dozer said:

I think you narrow it down down to McCloud and Fortin and figure it out after the ECU game. Both should get extended playing time the you roll with who steps up the rest of the way unless that guy face plants. 

Johnson should be mixed in as a wildcat change of pace and you redshirt Marsh/get him garbage time reps. 

I can live with that

• Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  3,233
  • Days Won:  8

I just don't know guys. Does anyone know the name of the teams water boy/girl? Maybe they can throw the football and have some eligibility left. Hey, we're rebuilding right. Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

Edited by Azmodi