• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,703
  • Days Won:  108

1 hour ago, pascobull said:

Yes a new metric cause by unfavorable shift in demand that will be offset some by favorable shift in supply. The pandemic is a variable outside of price and quantity (unobserved variation in the chart) so it caused a shift in both the supply and demand lines. I'm glad i don't know the equilibrium price for favorable attendance, i'm sure it's bad. that's @John Lewis's problem to solve. I hope he studied economics with emphasis in behavioral studies. The answer in recent years as been "bad at any price" and i project that trend to continue until CJS beats somebody that he shouldn't. 

supply demand curve.png

Citadel?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,201
  • Days Won:  2

I'd rather have these issues happen on a rebuilding year than a year we were expected to be good.  USF fan luck says the team goes undefeated and we cant attend the games. 

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,266
  • Days Won:  255

17 minutes ago, Bulls On Parade said:

I'd rather have these issues happen on a rebuilding year than a year we were expected to be good.  USF fan luck says the team goes undefeated and we cant attend the games. 

In all seriousness I was thinking that this is the best case scenario for a new coach. People get excited about change and then show up with perhaps an uptick in numbers but with unreasonable expectations of change which cannot be delivered on and the less die hard consumer navigates away, this pretty much punts the throw away season to next year when expectations can be more aligned with reality.

2 hours ago, BDYZR said:

Are you speaking actual numbers or percentage of available seats, which should be the new metric.

I was maligned for thinking JK was a troll for his fixation on actual numbers so now I am accepting it is the only true metric (at least for the purpose of this thread).*

*these are the opinions of Puc86 Corp and it’s writers it does not reflect the opinions or beliefs of Thebullspen.com. or it’s management. Puc86 reserves the right to modify or change its stance on any subject at any time and for any reason even if those changes seem to be the reverse of an opinion already stated by Puc86 Corp and even if it takes place in the same thread, post or even sentence.

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

58 minutes ago, Brad said:

Buck up little camper...could you imagine this extraordinary rebuild having to wait a year to begin?  I'm so thankful we can play.  This season, I hope, goes the distance.  There is so much work to do; we need the benefit of playing and seeing what we have now.

When I say lost I mean rebuild...to piss and moan about not being able to attend a game when we are lucky there are games being played seems silly to me. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, NewEnglandBull said:

When I say lost I mean rebuild...to piss and moan about not being able to attend a game when we are lucky there are games being played seems silly to me. 

Where some people ask why piss and moan I try to look at things from the opposite lens and ask why not? Our country and our fandom was founded on pissing and moaning and someone will have to snatch it from my cold dead hands.

2 minutes ago, puc86 said:

Where some people ask why piss and moan I try to look at things from the opposite lens and ask why not? Our country and our fandom was founded on pissing and moaning and someone will have to snatch it from my cold dead hands.

Reading your post I can almost hear that tacky ass Lee Greenwood song “proud to be an American” playing in the background. 

3 minutes ago, puc86 said:

Where some people ask why piss and moan I try to look at things from the opposite lens and ask why not? Our country and our fandom was founded on pissing and moaning and someone will have to snatch it from my cold dead hands.m

Reading your post I can almost hear that tacky ass Lee Greenwood song “proud to be an American” playing in the background. 

I am more of a Neil Diamond Coming to America fan but that has more to do with the fact that I cherish his whole collection than my affinity for that particular genre. But still 'Merica if you cant find something to ***** about then gtfo, you and your happy go lucky ilk would probably have thanked the British for taxing us less on tea than was the current tax in England instead of recognizing that being an American means you can complain about anything and do not even have to make even reasonable accommodations for anyone and being a Bulls fan means you get to complain about everything since our birthright of being in P5 was unceremoniously snatched from us.  

3 minutes ago, puc86 said:

I am more of a Neil Diamond Coming to America fan but that has more to do with the fact that I cherish his whole collection than my affinity for that particular genre. But still 'Merica if you cant find something to ***** about then gtfo, you and your happy go lucky ilk would probably have thanked the British for taxing us less on tea than was the current tax in England instead of recognizing that being an American means you can complain about anything and do not even have to make even reasonable accommodations for anyone and being a Bulls fan means you get to complain about everything since our birthright of being in P5 was unceremoniously snatched from us.  

Man, I had to get through 23 lines of bull **** to get to your point...you would have had made my literature professor proud. We were never in the P5...true were BCS but every real and knowledgeable college football fan knew that position was untenable in the long run. 

Man, I had to get through 23 lines of bull **** to get to your point...you would have had made my literature professor proud. We were never in the P5...true were BCS but every real and knowledgeable college football fan knew that position was untenable in the long run. 

Only 3 teams total were left behind being one of them certainly feels like the **** end of the stick but still I would not change those moments in the Sun for anything, as fleeting as they may have been. Natures first green is gold her hardest hue to hold. Her early leafs a flower but only so an hour. Then leaf subsides to leaf. So Eden sank to grief. So dawn goes down to day. Nothing gold can stay.