• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,265
  • Days Won:  255

I tried to give the guy a chance despite his glaring deficiencies in the greatest indicator of success at USF, being CJL. I wanted to buy into the idea that the fans supported this hire and that it would bring excitement back to USF football but now I’m hearing we are expecting record low attendance at every game this season and we may set an unbeatable record low for attendance with our home opener. Who would have thought when we were knocking off top 5 teams in front of a sold out crowd that we would now be looking at averaging in the low 10,000’s for the season? For shame!

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  848
  • Days Won:  1

no fans might be better than the atmosphere of the 2018 Gasparilla Bowl. That only felt like an empty stadium.

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,265
  • Days Won:  255

3 minutes ago, pascobull said:

no fans might be better than the atmosphere of the 2018 Gasparilla Bowl. That only felt like an empty stadium.

I wonder if people will still have an issue with standing even though the person is not in their line of sight. At least we don’t have to worry about people getting down on us about attendance anymore so that is nice.

• Upvote 1

50 minutes ago, puc86 said:

I wonder if people will still have an issue with standing even though the person is not in their line of sight. At least we don’t have to worry about people getting down on us about attendance anymore so that is nice.

It's gonna look like 5 spring games. We could play all the games in the soccer stadium if not for the distancing rules. having attendance based on 100% gameday tickets during a pandemic, that's a thought as scary as the virus. This season attendance will make 2016 ECU homecoming look like the super bowl. I don't care because we were picked to finish last in a year where there's no expectation of live fans and we have a rookie coach gets to prove himself against close to no expectation. I like the setup.

Edited by pascobull

• Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,463
  • Days Won:  25

1 hour ago, puc86 said:

I tried to give the guy a chance despite his glaring deficiencies in the greatest indicator of success at USF, being CJL. I wanted to buy into the idea that the fans supported this hire and that it would bring excitement back to USF football but now I’m hearing we are expecting record low attendance at every game this season and we may set an unbeatable record low for attendance with our home opener. Who would have thought when we were knocking off top 5 teams in front of a sold out crowd that we would now be looking at averaging in the low 10,000’s for the season? For shame!

Are you speaking actual numbers or percentage of available seats, which should be the new metric.

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

Who cares...at least we are actually playing. This year is a lost one anyway. 

7 minutes ago, BDYZR said:

Are you speaking actual numbers or percentage of available seats, which should be the new metric.

Yes a new metric cause by unfavorable shift in demand that will be offset some by favorable shift in supply. The pandemic is a variable outside of price and quantity (unobserved variation in the chart) so it caused a shift in both the supply and demand lines. I'm glad i don't know the equilibrium price for favorable attendance, i'm sure it's bad. that's @John Lewis's problem to solve. I hope he studied economics with emphasis in behavioral studies. The answer in recent years as been "bad at any price" and i project that trend to continue until CJS beats somebody that he shouldn't. 

supply demand curve.png

• Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

Joey is already at the gate with his clicker

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Skingraft said:

Joey is already at the gate with his clicker

He might not even need the clicker. 

• Haha 3

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,043
  • Days Won:  469

1 hour ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Who cares...at least we are actually playing. This year is a lost one anyway. 

Buck up little camper...could you imagine this extraordinary rebuild having to wait a year to begin?  I'm so thankful we can play.  This season, I hope, goes the distance.  There is so much work to do; we need the benefit of playing and seeing what we have now.

• Upvote 1