• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

TB Lightning

Guest Jonesy Bull

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,510
  • Days Won:  422

I'm just glad it wasn't some flukey, controversial Game 6. Bolts dominated that game save the last handful of minutes ...

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  207
  • Content Count:  3,439
  • Days Won:  19

I am not really a hockey guy but I am always happy to see the Tampa teams do well (even though I have moved from the area), particularly for the sake of my rabid fan friends in the Bay Area.  Now I hope the my sports jinx is lifted for the Rays, Bucs and, of course, most of all the Bulls.

8 minutes ago, brybull1970 said:

Agree, and it was surprising to see just how much Dallas looked like they didn't belong there. While it was a nail-bitter, the Lightning dominated that series.

Go Bolts!

I'm just glad that they knocked the ******* Golden Knights out of there. After seeing what the Bolts, and other teams like the Caps, have gone through to get the prize, that franchise and fan base needs to pay some dues .......... you know, like failing to make the playoffs.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,009
  • Days Won:  38

20 hours ago, brybull1970 said:

That brings up a great point - Vegas had a phenomenal start to their franchise due to some very favorable rules with the expansion draft. Those same rules will be in place when Seattle has their expansion draft 9 months.

I am looking forward to them releasing the Kraken on their on ice video in the playoffs. 

Guest Jonesy Bull

Im watching the Boat parade and RayJay celebration.

I live in S Tampa and there is a flyover with a Bolts flag.....and the Rays swept the Jays today.

Is this real or am I living in a different dimension?

18 hours ago, Jonesy Bull said:

Im watching the Boat parade and RayJay celebration.

I live in S Tampa and there is a flyover with a Bolts flag.....and the Rays swept the Jays today.

Is this real or am I living in a different dimension?

I don't know but the Rays would be the all-time shocker to me.

21 minutes ago, Rocky Style said:

I don't know but the Rays would be the all-time shocker to me.

They've won 90 or more games 6 out of the last 10 years, including averaging 93 the last two years, so it's not like they're the Bad News Bears coming out of left field this year ......

• Topic Count:  399
  • Content Count:  4,679
  • Days Won:  4

For the Rays its always been the same. Pitching and defense will get you there but you have to hit to win it. It would be a little bit of a surprise if they are able to hold down the Yankees and Dodger lineups in longer a longer series. 

20 hours ago, Triple B said:

They've won 90 or more games 6 out of the last 10 years, including averaging 93 the last two years, so it's not like they're the Bad News Bears coming out of left field this year ......

True but with MLB salary disparities being what they are (unless this has changed - gave up on MLB), it seems more miraculous than say the Bucs or Lightning winning.

Historically we have lost any good (Crawford, Price, yada yada) players to richer teams.

4 hours ago, Rocky Style said:

True but with MLB salary disparities being what they are (unless this has changed - gave up on MLB), it seems more miraculous than say the Bucs or Lightning winning.

Historically we have lost any good (Crawford, Price, yada yada) players to richer teams.

From that perspective, I couldn't agree more ...... being more than competitive in that division is nothing short of miraculous..