• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

FAU Incumbent QB Off the Roster

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  353
  • Content Count:  4,092
  • Days Won:  56

4 hours ago, puc86 said:

If you win enough by any means necessary than you can start to build your dream integrity program but if you cannot win by clinging to you ideals you will not be around to even fully impact the lives of one recruiting class. A coaches entire career and tenure at his program is decided almost singularly on wins and if you figure our how to win then you can move on to the things that make you a "good" person if you ever get tired of counting your money and having people laud over you but if you do not there will never even be an opportunity to display all the value that you morals bring to a program. 

We’re all jaded, aren’t we? You are certainly describing the current model. Doesn’t mean it HAS to be that way or we should settle for that model. Time for change - in so many of the ways we do things. If we don’t, we’re in real trouble as a species. End of soapbox.

Edited by Dave_Glaser

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  7,683
  • Days Won:  17

8 minutes ago, Dave_Glaser said:

We’re all jaded, aren’t we? You are certainly describing the current model. Doesn’t mean it HAS to be that way or we should settle for that model. Time for change - in so many of the ways we do things. If we don’t, we’re in real trouble as a species. End of soapbox.

I think that integrity in sports (and much of life) has been a fine gray line for a long time.  Pushing the envelope isn't anything new

2 minutes ago, chapelbull said:

I think that integrity in sports (and much of life) has been a fine gray line for a long time.  Pushing the envelope isn't anything new

Can’t argue with that. It’s just too bad.

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,249
  • Days Won:  255

2 hours ago, Dave_Glaser said:

Can’t argue with that. It’s just too bad.

If it becomes more common practice is say sure join in the middle of the changing tide but if we want to be the leaders of the pack we will fail like most dreamers.

• Topic Count:  114
  • Content Count:  6,743
  • Days Won:  17

On 8/4/2020 at 4:42 PM, Gatorbull325 said:

Buddy has too many skeletons. He barely beat a sexual assault charge

Innocent until proven guilty 

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, lotsofbull99 said:

Since he's now been dismissed from TWO programs, I think many people know what kind of dude he is.

11 hours ago, puc86 said:

If it becomes more common practice is say sure join in the middle of the changing tide but if we want to be the leaders of the pack we will fail like most dreamers.

I'm hopeful - as always - that we have the guy who can win big AND do it the right way. On paper, I sure like the last two commits - an honors student who speaks fluent Chinese (Kilfoyl), and a kid with offers from Yale, Dartmouth, Columbia, Army and Navy who his high school coach describes as ultra-high character (Herring).

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,249
  • Days Won:  255

6 minutes ago, Dave_Glaser said:

I'm hopeful - as always - that we have the guy who can win big AND do it the right way. On paper, I sure like the last two commits - an honors student who speaks fluent Chinese (Kilfoyl), and a kid with offers from Yale, Dartmouth, Columbia, Army and Navy who his high school coach describes as ultra-high character (Herring).

I hope you are right but while people celebrate all academic teams when you are winning, if you are losing with them people will cite that as one of the reasons for your failures. When you win everything you do is great...

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  6,518
  • Days Won:  28

44 minutes ago, lotsofbull99 said:

Go research the sexual assault story and this man's history before you speak. His track record of f-ing up is long as hell. I love to win in life, but if it means cheating or going against my ethics it aint worth it. B/c if you give this man a million chances you have to give EVERYBODY a million chances. 

• Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  6,518
  • Days Won:  28

21 minutes ago, Dave_Glaser said:

Herring offer list is freaking AMAZING from an academic perspective. Does he even have a social life balancing football and academics?