• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Analysis of the HATE you give CCS and Taggart

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  6,574
  • Days Won:  28

I’m bored so I’m going to play devil’s advocate and piss of some CCS haters. It sometimes baffles me and makes me question the reason behind the hate for Taggart and CCS. So I decided to compare CSH, Taggart, and Strong. I’m leaving Levitt out of this convo. I get it, CCS fizzled out towards the end, but the hate this man gets is nonsense. Taggart's 2016 class was hot trash so he wasn't given a big cupboard of players and had to rebuild. In the end, he only has one season out of 3 with a losing record. When we start winning games this year and next year, just remember we will be doing it with a majority of players that came from CCS regime. 

CCS/Taggart - Both have at least (2) seasons that ended with winning records and (1) season with at l0 wins

CSH - Has only one season with a winning record. 

CWT and CCS have given us our 2 BEST seasons in the AAC. 

Skip Holtz - 

2010    South Florida    8 - 5    Meineke Car Care Bowl-W    
2011    South Florida    5 - 7    No friggen bowl game        
2012    South Florida    3 - 9    No Friggen bowl game

This man has only 1 winning season and the wins DECLINED each season!

Willie Taggart - 

2013    South Florida    2–10                
2014    South Florida    4–8            
2015    South Florida    8–5    L Miami Beach        
2016    South Florida    10–2    W Birmingham*

Coach Charlie Strong - 

2017    South Florida    10–2    2nd (East)   W Birmingham    
2018    South Florida    7–6    4th (East)    L Gasparilla        
2019    South Florida    4–8    4th (East)    

How I rank the coaches - 

1. Taggart
  2. Strong
  3. Holtz

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,919
  • Days Won:  67

8 minutes ago, Gatorbull325 said:

I’m bored so I’m going to play devil’s advocate and piss of some CCS haters. It sometimes baffles me and makes me question the reason behind the hate for Taggart and CCS. So I decided to compare CSH, Taggart, and Strong. I’m leaving Levitt out of this convo. I get it, CCS fizzled out towards the end, but the hate this man gets is nonsense. Taggart's 2016 class was hot trash so he wasn't given a big cupboard of players and had to rebuild. In the end, he only has one season out of 3 with a losing record. When we start winning games this year and next year, just remember we will be doing it with a majority of players that came from CCS regime. 

CCS/Taggart - Both have at least (2) seasons that ended with winning records and (1) season with at l0 wins

CSH - Has only one season with a winning record. 

CWT and CCS have given us our 2 BEST seasons in the AAC. 

Skip Holtz - 

2010    South Florida    8 - 5    Meineke Car Care Bowl-W    
2011    South Florida    5 - 7    No friggen bowl game        
2012    South Florida    3 - 9    No Friggen bowl game

This man has only 1 winning season and the wins DECLINED each season!

Willie Taggart - 

2013    South Florida    2–10                
2014    South Florida    4–8            
2015    South Florida    8–5    L Miami Beach        
2016    South Florida    10–2    W Birmingham*

Coach Charlie Strong - 

2017    South Florida    10–2    2nd (East)   W Birmingham    
2018    South Florida    7–6    4th (East)    L Gasparilla        
2019    South Florida    4–8    4th (East)    

How I rank the coaches - 

1. Taggart
  2. Strong
  3. Holtz

I loved Willie, hated both CSH and CCS.  CWT rebuilt a dumpster fire left by CSH and for this he is my second favorite behind CJL.  CCS took a great team and made them good and then failed and lost 14 of his last 18 which is inexcusable.  I think he left better talent then CSH so I agree with your rankings.  We have had 2 good leaders and 2 failed ones.  The reason why we throw so much shade at CCS is because he just left, eventually he will fade away like a fart in the wind much like Skippy.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Friscobull said:

I loved Willie, hated both CSH and CCS.  CWT rebuilt a dumpster fire left by CSH and for this he is my second favorite behind CJL.  CCS took a great team and made them good and then failed and lost 14 of his last 18 which is inexcusable.  I think he left better talent then CSH so I agree with your rankings.  We have had 2 good leaders and 2 failed ones.  The reason why we throw so much shade at CCS is because he just left, eventually he will fade away like a fart in the wind much like Skippy.

That great team CCS had graduated after 2017. The 2016 recruiting class taggart left behind was trash. So CCS only had a great team his first year. 

1 minute ago, Gatorbull325 said:

That great team CCS had graduated after 2017. The 2016 recruiting class taggart left behind was trash. So CCS only had a great team his first year. 

I agree, CCS made a great team good in 2017.  I know the best record blah blah  but CJL beat better opponents and had a much tougher schedule.  CWT had a foot out the door and left him a poor class in 2016 however CCS knew this and his recruiting was crap , 4th in our conference is not acceptable in your first 2 full cycles.  In addition, he did not develop players, any of them, he made them worse.  He may have been better than Skip but that is a pretty low bar.

• Upvote 1

Just now, brybull1970 said:

Holtz and Strong had the program trending in the wrong direction which is what led to their firing, and Taggart had the program trending up and as a result he got the Oregon job.

You have to look beyind just the total wins and losses. Strong couldn't beat anyone without Flowers bailing him out. 

Um what college coaches do you know that have success without a good QB? So did Danny Wuerffel bail out Spurrier? I'm lost here. Why is is that Taggart and CCS are the only coaches whose achievements gets credited to their QBs? 

10 minutes ago, Gatorbull325 said:

Um what college coaches do you know that have success without a good QB? So did Danny Wuerffel bail out Spurrier? I'm lost here. Why is is that Taggart and CCS are the only coaches whose achievements gets credited to their QBs? 

Spurrier made Wuerfel, you have it backwards

4 minutes ago, Friscobull said:

Spurrier made Wuerfel, you have it backwards

I wasn't crediting Spurrier's success to Wuerfel. I was being sarcastic. In the end, you need a QB that performs at a high level to win PERIOD. So to credit Taggart and Strongs success to QF doesn't make any sense. 

2 minutes ago, Gatorbull325 said:

I wasn't crediting Spurrier's success to Wuerfel. I was being sarcastic. In the end, you need a QB that performs at a high level to win PERIOD. So to credit Taggart and Strongs success to QF doesn't make any sense. 

Strongs success was a loaded team with a stud QB, he consistently showed without superior talent he was unable to develop players and have them prepared to play the last 2 years.   He was lazy, incompetent and disinterested but at least that Bum is gone.  He was an epic failure at his last 2 gigs and exposed as someone that does not possess the skill set to succeed as the head guy, I wish him nothing but the best in his future endeavors.  I probably hated CSH more at the time on what he did to the program but that wound has healed, the CCS wound is still oozing puss.

• Upvote 3

Guest Jonesy Bull
2 hours ago, Friscobull said:

What he said !

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  7,683
  • Days Won:  17

Is this thread for real?   Talk about finding an excuse to argue .....