• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Will this impact USF Athletics or Preeminence Status?

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,686
  • Days Won:  108

4 hours ago, puc86 said:

What is inefficient about serving people that cannot relocate to an area between Fletcher and Fowler? 

How many satellite campuses does Harvard have?  Can't be more than 2 can it?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

23 minutes ago, CousinRicky said:

Don’t believe Harvard has any other campuses. The extension school is in Cambridge. In fact I am not sure if any Ivy school has a satellite campus. 

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,250
  • Days Won:  255

27 minutes ago, CousinRicky said:

People will relocate when they are paying $35k a year for one of the most esteemed institutions on Earth, we provide a valuable but value based education for mostly local residents that are more often than Harvard not traditional students. That we can serve more communities and people with a higher value education than they would be typically receive in their communities by having satellite campuses is something I think should be celebrated and preserved even if Harvard would not consider the option.

• Topic Count:  597
  • Content Count:  6,557
  • Days Won:  3

45 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Don’t believe Harvard has any other campuses. The extension school is in Cambridge. In fact I am not sure if any Ivy school has a satellite campus. 

I've only been there twice, but it seems more to me like Harvard is more of an area of town than a traditional campus.  I never felt like I was on a campus per sea, although there were a couple areas like that.

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,875
  • Days Won:  67

31 minutes ago, ZeroBullChip said:

I've only been there twice, but it seems more to me like Harvard is more of an area of town than a traditional campus.  I never felt like I was on a campus per sea, although there were a couple areas like that.

Same here, they actually have 3 campuses, don’t know if that would qualify as satellite campuses though, more of just a fragmented campus spread out In an urban area, campus not much to write home about.

1 hour ago, ZeroBullChip said:

It is...Cambridge is Harvard and Harvard is Cambridge. But MIT is also there.  

31 minutes ago, Friscobull said:

Same here, they actually have 3 campuses, don’t know if that would qualify as satellite campuses though, more of just a fragmented campus spread out In an urban area, campus not much to write home about.

Many would disagree with that point but it’s not a traditional campus for sure due to the fact it is in Boston (Cambridge). The courtyard of Harvard surrounded by historic buildings named after Presidents is beautiful three seasons a year and drawls thousands of visitors a year. The business school (across the Charles) is amazing. I am at the research library at least twice a year and feel like I am in a palatial palace with leather chairs and a free snack bar 😀. You are correct about the rest, it is spread out with every bit of spaced used which is a commodity in Boston (Not to mention the cost of housing).

Oh did I mention they have an on campus stadium 😂😂

1 hour ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Many would disagree with that point but it’s not a traditional campus for sure due to the fact it is in Boston (Cambridge). The courtyard of Harvard surrounded by historic buildings named after Presidents is beautiful three seasons a year and drawls thousands of visitors a year. The business school (across the Charles) is amazing. I am at the research library at least twice a year and feel like I am in a palatial palace with leather chairs and a free snack bar 😀. You are correct about the rest, it is spread out with every bit of spaced used which is a commodity in Boston (Not to mention the cost of housing).

Oh did I mention they have an on campus stadium 😂😂

I remember spending a Saturday afternoon in early spring with a couple friends killing a couple beers on that campus and did not witness one good looking lady.  You can take the old buildings and the congestion while I prefer a spacious campus filled with scantily dressed tanned hotties, really just a matter of preference.  I am jealous of the stadium though 😀

27 minutes ago, Friscobull said:

I remember spending a Saturday afternoon in early spring with a couple friends killing a couple beers on that campus and did not witness one good looking lady.  You can take the old buildings and the congestion while I prefer a spacious campus filled with scantily dressed tanned hotties, really just a matter of preference.  I am jealous of the stadium though 😀

Oh if you are going there for the ladies you were definitely at the wrong place... too many hairy armpits for my taste. Better to swing over to BC or BU to increase your odds. 😂

1 hour ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Oh if you are going there for the ladies you were definitely at the wrong place... too many hairy armpits for my taste. Better to swing over to BC or BU to increase your odds. 😂

Too late, those days are past now just an old guy wishing for younger days, we ended up closing out the day in the combat zone so we ended up seeing some ladies among other things.