• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Will this impact USF Athletics or Preeminence Status?

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,676
  • Days Won:  108

57 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Florida politics...another reason I left without looking back. 

Funny you said that. We moved down from NJ back in '02 and thought NJ politics sucked. Can't hold a candle to what happens here in FL.  

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  51
  • Content Count:  3,341
  • Days Won:  5

10 hours ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Curious what were the reasons why Lakeland broke away from USF? 

What?  It was the senator from Lakeland retirement, gold watch.

Edited by jchem1995

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,834
  • Days Won:  67

12 hours ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Florida politics...another reason I left without looking back. 

BS, you couldn’t take the heat and that is the only reason, you were a youngster and had no idea nor cared about the political climate at the time.

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

1 hour ago, Friscobull said:

BS, you couldn’t take the heat and that is the only reason, you were a youngster and had no idea nor cared about the political climate at the time.

Not quite my friend. I graduated with a degree in political science and worked on two political campaigns while a student. Once I saw how the sausage was made first hand I had had enough. But yeah, the heat was friggin unbearable too...along with the senior citizens trying to drive their cars. 

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,834
  • Days Won:  67

1 hour ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Not quite my friend. I graduated with a degree in political science and worked on two political campaigns while a student. Once I saw how the sausage was made first hand I had had enough. But yeah, the heat was friggin unbearable too...along with the senior citizens trying to drive their cars. 

Interesting although the sausage making is similar no matter where you live.  You made a wise career decision regardless.  

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

5 minutes ago, Friscobull said:

Interesting although the sausage making is similar no matter where you live.  You made a wise career decision regardless.  

True but I found it to be in much larger doses in Florida than other places I have lived. 

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,676
  • Days Won:  108

2 hours ago, NewEnglandBull said:

I demand an apology. I don't go over the speed limit while driving in the left lane on the Interstate.  😄

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,249
  • Days Won:  255

15 hours ago, St.PeteSlim89 said:

Long time reader; first time poster, so be gentle with me...Had to speak out on this one, however.

I live in Polk County, and heard J.D. speak once about FL Poly. He mentioned that instead of trying to re-create another UF look-a-like (and specially referred to USF as an example), he want to create a university focused on just science and technology.  Really annoyed me that he considered USF to be a UF wannabe. The only thing that UF has on USF is a 100-year head start. He’s too arrogant to realize that Tampa is a better place for jobs, business opportunities and economic development than Gainesville, and that eventually USF will catch up and pass UF.  

FL Poly is so successful (sarcasm font) that some legislator filed a bill proposing that it be merged with UF in the last session.

The Griffin family (for whom Ben Hill Stadium at UF is named) donated the land that eventually became Florida Gulf Coast University, but kept the land surrounding it for development. Guess Junior was trying to follow in grandpa’s footsteps...

Go Bulls

Welcome to the board and I doubt you have to worry about anyone  taking umbrage with your insightful first post that rightly points out JD and UF suck.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  3,233
  • Days Won:  8

3 hours ago, NewEnglandBull said:

There's a simple solution to your traffic worries. Drive on the roadway and leave the sidewalks, parking lots and peoples yards to the elderly. Problem solved. 🤔