• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

SOT: Student killed by falling goalpost

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  515
  • Content Count:  7,379
  • Days Won:  3

I'm not saying people ought to rush the field or ought not to rush the field. What I am baffled by is the fact so many of you don't get that IT IS A PART OF COLLEGE FOOTBALL, and is going to happen from time to time.

See, that's just it. It ISNT a part of college football. Next you will be saying that WVU students should be able to riot and burn couches. After all, they have a history there, it could be called a tradition. Does that make it part of college football?

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  116
  • Content Count:  1,501
  • Days Won:  0

Actually, Zonald, that's correct.  If there was no intention of rushing the field, there would be no need to have 100+ security guards lining the end zones.

Well, don't these 100 people come from the gates, isles, and various places from around the stadium after the game to come onto the field.  I don't think they would just sit around all game, then come onto the field at the last moment?  Am I wrong here?  Probably the same amount of workers for the Bucs games too.    

• Topic Count:  114
  • Content Count:  6,743
  • Days Won:  17

You don't judge WVU fans, the burning of couches is unique to their college experience.  If you aren't a WVU fan then you cannot possibly understand the importance of the couch burning tradition.

You don't judge WVU fans, the burning of couches is unique to their college experience.  If you aren't a WVU fan then you cannot possibly understand the importance of the couch burning tradition.

Maybe we can merge the two traditions, we can rush the field then burn the other teams bench. We will call it tradition and no one should stop us.... ;)

Well, don't these 100 people come from the gates, isles, and various places from around the stadium after the game to come onto the field.  I don't think they would just sit around all game, then come onto the field at the last moment?  Am I wrong here?  Probably the same amount of workers for the Bucs games too.    

I am pretty sure they are using the food vendors and every other ticket agent and employee in the stadium. Most of these people could probably leave earlier if they didnt have to baby sit a bunch of college kids who think its their God given right to not follow rules put in place by the management of the facilty.

• Topic Count:  99
  • Content Count:  4,517

I'm not saying people ought to rush the field or ought not to rush the field. What I am baffled by is the fact so many of you don't get that IT IS A PART OF COLLEGE FOOTBALL, and is going to happen from time to time.

I think we all get that IT IS A PART OF COLLEGE FOOTBALL but some of us just consider it a needless part of college football whose minuses far outweigh its' plusses ................

I am pretty sure they are using the food vendors and every other ticket agent and employee in the stadium. Most of these people could probably leave earlier if they didnt have to baby sit a bunch of college kids who think its their God given right to not follow rules put in place by the management of the facilty.

Ah, I see.  So how much $ would that really save us?  I guess with the money saved there we would have a new stadium in no time!  

So if half of them can go home early (1 hour), and we'll let 50 of them go (probably too high, but ok), and they earn $8 per hour, then we would have saved about $2,000 this year.  Not much to solidify your argument.

How much for that new stadium?  $100M?

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  111
  • Content Count:  2,527

Ah, I see.  So how much $ would that really save us?  I guess with the money saved there we would have a new stadium in no time!  

So if half of them can go home early (1 hour), and we'll let 50 of them go (probably too high, but ok), and they earn $8 per hour, then we would have saved about $2,000 this year.  Not much to solidify your argument.

How much for that new stadium?  $100M?

I think he's talking about the money saved by not having lawsuits like the ones that will follow this kid's death on field.

And yeah, it probably would cover building a $100 million stadium when all is said and done.  Hell, if you can sue for that much for coffee being hot, I'm sure a kid's death will be at least that.

And hey, if you guys need to rush the field to enjoy a game, feel good about yourself, whatever, go for it!  Just don't come here ******** when you get tackled, tazered and arrested.

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,249
  • Days Won:  255

I doubt the insurance company was going to give $100 million towards a new stadium just because you never used your policy, perhaps in a few thousand years the diference in the premiums will add up?

Hell, if you can sue for that much for coffee being hot, I'm sure a kid's death will be at least that.

Ugh, the worst example ever.  Common myth about this case.  She almost died from the third-degree burns received over 16 percent of her body, necessitating hospitalization for eight days, whirlpool treatment for debridement of her wounds, skin grafting, scarring, and disability for more than two years.  She offered to settle with McDonald’s for $20k but it was refused.  She ended up with a post verdict settlement after she won at a JURY trial.    Liebeck v. McDonald's Restaurants, P.T.S., Inc.

Sorry, I just hate seeing this example EVERY time someone talks about tort reform.

Not to get off topic or anything.... ::)