• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

ECU about to chop down some sports

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,249
  • Days Won:  255

37 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

But in reality that is really our only two options: stay in the AAC or go Indy. I suspect there is another option of leaving the AAC and help in creating a best of the rest conference but no one seems to have the balls/leadership to give this a try.

This seems like the most viable plan assuming there was a person with the gumption to lead the drive.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,511
  • Days Won:  422

3 minutes ago, puc86 said:

This seems like the most viable plan assuming there was a person with the gumption to lead the drive.

This just reinforces my assessment ....

1 minute ago, Triple B said:

This just reinforces my assessment ....

Hahahahaha I honestly want independence but I think that’s the harder sell and biggest leap of faith. I find a conference with BYU and Boise more palatable than whoever it is that is in this current conference and if the risk adverse can accept that over forging our own path than at least it is directionally correct. I much prefer 5 home games a year against 4 people that we have heard of and could actually draw attendance but I recognize that’s too big of a jump for some, even if they are wrong.

7 minutes ago, puc86 said:

Hahahahaha I honestly want independence but I think that’s the harder sell and biggest leap of faith. I find a conference with BYU and Boise more palatable than whoever it is that is in this current conference and if the risk adverse can accept that over forging our own path than at least it is directionally correct. I much prefer 5 home games a year against 4 people that we have heard of and could actually draw attendance but I recognize that’s too big of a jump for some, even if they are wrong.

I think the biggest part of me even considering Indy is having MK here, with all his NCAA connections .... but agree it would be the biggest leap of faith.

1 minute ago, Triple B said:

I think the biggest part of me even considering Indy is having MK here, with all his NCAA connections .... but agree it would be the biggest leap of faith.

Fortune favors the bold and our current path has proven over and over and over and over and over and over and over not to be successful by any measure whether that is by coming within millions of turning a profit or generating fan interest. It should be painfully obvious to any and all that the AAC path is destined for failure and we need to change paths at some point before it chooses us. I am glad you are starting to come around to recognizing our need for freedom and those who can not toss the shackles and familiar comfort of our current captors should be forced to be free.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  683
  • Content Count:  7,632
  • Days Won:  6

I can see a Division 1 world where the current conferences are only for football and all other sports are played in 24-32 regional "conferences" of 10 to 16 schools each with the top teams from each region going to a 64 field national tournament in each sport where it makes sense.  We're in the AAC for football and the Florida/Georgia 16 for everything else.

7 minutes ago, 79 Bull said:

I can see a Division 1 world where the current conferences are only for football and all other sports are played in 24-32 regional "conferences" of 10 to 16 schools each with the top teams from each region going to a 64 field national tournament in each sport where it makes sense.  We're in the AAC for football and the Florida/Georgia 16 for everything else.

That actually sounds pretty cool ..... but I think you'd probably need to add basketball to football.

10 minutes ago, Triple B said:

That actually sounds pretty cool ..... but I think you'd probably need to add basketball to football.

Except that the only quasi-reasonable argument for not becoming independent is what will we do with the Olympic sports, if the Olympic sports find a better home that’s all the more reason to kill the AAC with fire.

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

17 minutes ago, puc86 said:

Except that the only quasi-reasonable argument for not becoming independent is what will we do with the Olympic sports, if the Olympic sports find a better home that’s all the more reason to kill the AAC with fire.

I brilliantly addressed that by having the BE embrace us again as an annual/biennial sunny respite from the harsh winters of the Northeast ...