• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

MBB: One less incoming freshman

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,898
  • Days Won:  67

11 hours ago, JTrue said:

I remember when I could go to a restaurant. 

Friday they open up at 25% capacity in Texas, not sure how they can cover costs and I will pass but at least it is a start.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,672
  • Days Won:  424

43 minutes ago, Friscobull said:

Friday they open up at 25% capacity in Texas, not sure how they can cover costs and I will pass but at least it is a start.

I would think that will help the places that are currently doing take out and delivery but agree that those not currently open at all will take a long hard look to see if it makes fiscal sense. 

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  9,756
  • Days Won:  25

52 minutes ago, brybull1970 said:

Looks like USF has shown some interest in Jonah Antonio who is a 6'5" shooting guard from UNLV and has a jump shot:

https://247sports.com/college/south-florida/Article/USF-Bulls-basketball-show-interest-in-grad-transfer-Jonah-Antonio-UNLV-Rebels-145324689/

He can shoot in the desert with elevation, but can he shoot with humidity at sea-level? As we all know that is not an easy prospect 

• Topic Count:  66
  • Content Count:  399
  • Days Won:  0

7 hours ago, Roaming Bull said:

He can shoot in the desert with elevation, but can he shoot with humidity at sea-level? As we all know that is not an easy prospect 

Fortunately that article is a month old and nothing seemed to happen between the Bulls and Jonah Antonio because I do not want.

All that guy does is jack up threes at a high volume and he isn't particularly good at making them. This season he made 31.5% of his three pointers which is basically Xavier Castaneda, who made 31.2%, level accuracy. 

Now imagine Castaneda attempting 6 three pointers every game. Because that is what Jonah Antonio averaged this season

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

Hopefully we pick up a good player 

7 minutes ago, DELdaBull said:

Hopefully we pick up a good player 

Good, BIG player. We got nobody after Durr ....

• Topic Count:  360
  • Content Count:  4,163
  • Days Won:  56

I start to get nervous every time our hoops program begins to rely on transfers. We're building something solid right now because we have four-year guys - DC, JB, Durr, X, Lex. Just like when we had guys like B.B., Altron, Ced Smith, Chonsey Asbury, Art Reeves, Reggie Kohn. That's the only time we've been able to put a team on the floor that was consistently competitive. 

Let's PLEASE not go back to relying completely on transfers again. We missed last year, unless Chaplin develops. Murphy has to be the guy. We can't miss a few years in a row with high school players or it's back to piecing a roster together every year and rolling the dice.

Edited by Dave_Glaser

6 hours ago, Dave_Glaser said:

I start to get nervous every time our hoops program begins to rely on transfers. We're building something solid right now because we have four-year guys - DC, JB, Durr, X, Lex. Just like when we had guys like B.B., Altron, Ced Smith, Chonsey Asbury, Art Reeves, Reggie Kohn. That's the only time we've been able to put a team on the floor that was consistently competitive. 

Let's PLEASE not go back to relying completely on transfers again. We missed last year, unless Chaplin develops. Murphy has to be the guy. We can't miss a few years in a row with high school players or it's back to piecing a roster together every year and rolling the dice.

We were consistently competitive back then but never competitive enough to do anything of note. Our best year we were a blend of a little youth (AC), some home grown experience(Toarlyn, Gus) and transfers (VR, RAJ, Jawanza & Hugh). Love the guys you mentioned but they never came close to the success of that year. I'd love to be able to take another step with primarily 4 year players, and we might initially because of the situation CBG came into where he was able to bring in the current players you mention and pretty much guarantee them substantial playing time. As we progress, though, it's going to be harder to do that so I think you're going to see more transitions like this year. Good thing is the staff has so far shown to be fairly good at the transfer/juco thing so while I don't want to see a whole roster of transfers, I think they're still going to be a key part of the program for awhile.

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,898
  • Days Won:  67

6 hours ago, Dave_Glaser said:

Why would you not reference Dobras, Alexander, Lewis, and Russell?  they were more successful.  We had to use transfers to plug the numerous holes, CBG has built a nice team full of 4 year guys, just need a couple of missing pieces to complete the puzzle which is the transfer route. Many of the years we had no choice due to lack of depth.

• Topic Count:  67
  • Content Count:  1,055
  • Days Won:  2

you do know Fred Lewis was a transfer from UT right ?

Hakim was on that team also 

Edited by bullnupe