• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

is the football team getting stronger?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  848
  • Days Won:  1

1 hour ago, WWMJD said:

You don't need to read the Spring reports, they say the same thing every year. Here, I'll recap:

• A bunch of players set new weight room records! We are getting stronger!

I remember Spring 2012 like yesterday when Skip was bragging on the self discipline of our seniors in the off season conditioning...and then they got completely out hustled at the end of almost every game that year especially the last two minutes.

• Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  6,569
  • Days Won:  28

1 hour ago, WWMJD said:

You don't need to read the Spring reports, they say the same thing every year. Here, I'll recap:

• Offense thrown and run for a bunch of TDs in practice! We are getting better!
  • Defense got a bunch of turnovers in spring game prep! We are a turnover machine!
  • If everything keeps going well, this will be the best year yet!

Etc.

And I will be excited by the news like every summer! lol But last year when they ran the story about our starting DT only bench pressing 330 I had a bad feeling in my gut we would still be weak in the middle. Elite DTs and hell offensive lineman are suppose to  bench press 400 Ibs and up. Hell CCS put of 345 easily at 60 years old (or however his age is)

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  2,286

3 hours ago, WWMJD said:

• Offense thrown and run for a bunch of TDs in practice! We are getting better!
  • Defense got a bunch of turnovers in spring game prep! We are a turnover machine!
  • If everything keeps going well, this will be the best year yet!

Etc.

I was only half paying attention when I came across your bullet points. Thought CaliBull was back.

• Haha 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,719
  • Days Won:  109

14 hours ago, pascobull said:

I remember Spring 2012 like yesterday when Skip was bragging on the self discipline of our seniors in the off season conditioning...and then they got completely out hustled at the end of almost every game that year especially the last two minutes.

Think those last minute collapses were more on the D C and not so much conditioning.  

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  1,166
  • Days Won:  3

15 hours ago, puc86 said:

I am pretty sure I read something about us getting less Strong this offseason...

No more of those thousand yard stares from our sideline, hopefully....

• Topic Count:  108
  • Content Count:  2,484

16 hours ago, Gatorbull325 said:

And I will be excited by the news like every summer! lol But last year when they ran the story about our starting DT only bench pressing 330 I had a bad feeling in my gut we would still be weak in the middle. Elite DTs and hell offensive lineman are suppose to  bench press 400 Ibs and up. Hell CCS put of 345 easily at 60 years old (or however his age is)

I would be more concerned with squat, deadlift, clean and jerk...dont get me wrong...bench press is very important but a small piece of the puzzle.

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

we need to get stronger in the trenches

• Topic Count:  360
  • Content Count:  4,176
  • Days Won:  56

19 hours ago, Gatorbull325 said:

Thanks. I made an attempt to look up the date and couldnt find it. I am excited. Our recruiting class isn't ranked high, but the film I saw on the recruits was nice. I also think that there is a lot of untapped potential from last year's team that CJS will bring out like Devontre Dukes whom I feel hasn talent that is being wasted. I just want to see how the teams reacts to the new opportunities that CJS promised. 

I wouldn't count much on Dukes, but St. Felix should be CJS's pet project. He has all the talent in the world and an NFL body. He should be a draft pick. His disappearance last year was perplexing.

1 hour ago, BiggTipp said:

I would be more concerned with squat, deadlift, clean and jerk...dont get me wrong...bench press is very important but a small piece of the puzzle.

I said the same thing last year and we didnt stop anybody in the middle. Im not an athlete and my highest bench was 305 when i weighed 195Ibs during college.  330 Ibs max for a 300 Ib DT or Olineman is bad.

40 minutes ago, Dave_Glaser said:

I wouldn't count much on Dukes, but St. Felix should be CJS's pet project. He has all the talent in the world and an NFL body. He should be a draft pick. His disappearance last year was perplexing.

Everytime Duke was given a chance to play he makes a nice catch. He neeeds more playing time.

• Upvote 1