• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Strong and Kerwin Bell might be hired by UF

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

13 minutes ago, JTrue said:

And that's a fair comparison. But, there is literally no comparison as an actual coach. CJS has the edge in Twitter and press conferences. Everything else isn't even a discussion no matter how much you hate xCCS.

Yup, anyone talking about coaching right now just looks foolish. But for what he can prove at this moment CJS has been impressive. If he keeps Quez Bell in the boat on signing day he would be about as good as he could be so far. 

• Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  6,550
  • Days Won:  28

8 minutes ago, puc86 said:

Even though you can’t see this I can confirm that @Gatorbull325 has pretty consistently told me to get over CJL, a request I have respectfully declined.

PUC I have never met a person who stands on his  beliefs are hard as you my friend. That's when I see [people come at you, I just shake my head knowing they will end up pissed off or frustrated. 

56 minutes ago, JTrue said:

And that's a fair comparison. But, there is literally no comparison as an actual coach. CJS has the edge in Twitter and press conferences. Everything else isn't even a discussion no matter how much you hate xCCS.

JTrue...Thank you...hell, you brought up an obvious point I didn't even think of. 

• Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  6,550
  • Days Won:  28

43 minutes ago, Bull Dozer said:

Yup, anyone talking about coaching right now just looks foolish. But for what he can prove at this moment CJS has been impressive. If he keeps Quez Bell in the boat on signing day he would be about as good as he could be so far. 

I'm actually good with who he brought in so far. I mean last year CCS brought in some pretty good transfers who actually played at their last destination. But I still like the transfers CJS brought in.  I also feel we currently have players on the team that havent had an opportunity to shine and that CJS should be able to bring it out of them. 

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,258
  • Days Won:  255

6 minutes ago, Gatorbull325 said:

PUC I have never met a person who stands on his  beliefs are hard as you my friend. That's when I see [people come at you, I just shake my head knowing they will end up pissed off or frustrated. 

JTrue...Thank you...hell, you brought up an obvious point I didn't even think of. 

I think people just get bored and sometimes feel like poking a bear with a stick, even if they know the outcome probably isn't going to be good they know it will cure their boredom (one way or another) for a little while. 

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  5,377
  • Days Won:  10

1 hour ago, Gatorbull325 said:

I write that off to some people simply want that feeling from that era back and that once we truly have success, they will move on. 

I believe that I am one of those people and look forward to moving on.  I just need a reason and this coach looks like he could be it.

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  9,756
  • Days Won:  25

I wonder if Strong was obliged to get Bell a job since he had him leave what looked like a good thing for our train wreck of an operation 

2 minutes ago, Roaming Bull said:

I wonder if Strong was obliged to get Bell a job since he had him leave what looked like a good thing for our train wreck of an operation 

Getting him paid for 5 years of that good thing for only having to kind of work for part of a year and being the only opportunity he has ever had to prove himself at the FBS level wasn’t good enough?

1 hour ago, puc86 said:

I think people just get bored and sometimes feel like poking a bear with a stick, even if they know the outcome probably isn't going to be good they know it will cure their boredom (one way or another) for a little while. 

image.thumb.png.9db6bf2f1ef478bd7e64524d21447abc.png

20 minutes ago, puc86 said:

Getting him paid for 5 years of that good thing for only having to kind of work for part of a year and being the only opportunity he has ever had to prove himself at the FBS level wasn’t good enough?

I think Bell is lucky to get another shot. If some one said I’ll give you five years of pay, but will make you look epically incompetent to the point where you may not get another decent opportunity in the industry, do you take it?

Edited by Roaming Bull

9 minutes ago, Roaming Bull said:

I think Bell is lucky to get another shot. If some one said I’ll give you five years of pay, but will make you look epically incompetent you point where you may not get another decent opportunity in the industry do you take it?

That’s not a fair comparison, I am not 100 years old.

• Haha 1