• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Clemson Offense

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

9 hours ago, Bulls On Parade said:

QB and receiver the two areas that need the most help on the offense. 

Id actually put o line at number 3. 

we now  have an offensive minded head coach

i expect these problems to be corrected with the next 2 recruiting classes

we have alot of teachers on the offensive side of the ball so many of the problems identified will be corrected

• Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  2,994
  • Days Won:  4

The offense looked good. Even if it's not the Gulf Coast 'score every 30 seconds and put up 50' at the start, it looks like it will have a focus on being balanced, spread, and using multiple looks out of the same formation will help keep some things simple and hopefully be productive. Clemson didn't win last night but their offense did well. LSU came up with a few more stops than their defense did, and the better team won, but I'll still take that offense.

Watching some of the film breakdown by the other guys (those bloggers everyone here hates for some reason), I think this staff can get some production out of our current roster believe it or not. At least to the point where we can be somewhat exciting, put some points on the board and win a few games, maybe even six next year. Time will tell, but at the very least, the new coaching staff can hopefully coach the kids up and get the best out of them. While we might have a lack of talent to some, maximizing the talent they do have is the quickest fix.

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  51
  • Content Count:  3,352
  • Days Won:  5

11 hours ago, Friscobull said:

With Burrows graduated, we would destroy them

Remember, this was an LSU team that lost to Troy( a very good Troy) at home three years ago.

2 hours ago, Danm1983 said:

The offense looked good. Even if it's not the Gulf Coast 'score every 30 seconds and put up 50' at the start, it looks like it will have a focus on being balanced, spread, and using multiple looks out of the same formation will help keep some things simple and hopefully be productive. Clemson didn't win last night but their offense did well. LSU came up with a few more stops than their defense did, and the better team won, but I'll still take that offense.

Watching some of the film breakdown by the other guys (those bloggers everyone here hates for some reason), I think this staff can get some production out of our current roster believe it or not. At least to the point where we can be somewhat exciting, put some points on the board and win a few games, maybe even six next year. Time will tell, but at the very least, the new coaching staff can hopefully coach the kids up and get the best out of them. While we might have a lack of talent to some, maximizing the talent they do have is the quickest fix.

if usf's offense is similarly efficient next year we will compete for the division( this would be a tall task)

there was nothing wrong with clemson's offense

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

42 minutes ago, smazza said:

if usf's offense is similarly efficient next year we will compete for the division( this would be a tall task)

there was nothing wrong with clemson's offense

🤘🤘

Guest Jonesy Bull
5 hours ago, smazza said:

we now  have an offensive minded head coach

i expect these problems to be corrected with the next 2 recruiting classes

we have alot of teachers on the offensive side of the ball so many of the problems identified will be corrected

I think we will too.  You have to be able to score points nowadays.  The game has evolved not just at the College level but the Pro level as well.

Also you have to have a complete team to be really good.  I really like the staff we have brought in on the Defensive side of the ball as well.  

I'm excited for more aggressiveness and splash plays on both sides of the ball with this overall Staff.

16 hours ago, Jonesy Bull said:

I think we will too.  You have to be able to score points nowadays.  The game has evolved not just at the College level but the Pro level as well.

Also you have to have a complete team to be really good.  I really like the staff we have brought in on the Defensive side of the ball as well.  

I'm excited for more aggressiveness and splash plays on both sides of the ball with this overall Staff.

dont forget special teams. this really can change the momentum of a game.

special teams is so often ignored

i would try to have the best field goal kicker,place kicker and punter

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  125
  • Content Count:  649
  • Days Won:  0

Temper your expectations. He doesn't have the personnel up front to be competent and CJS was not the calling plays at Clemson. He was given the title Co-OC so that Dabo could give him more money for staff continuity. Give him at least until the third year to flush this current turd. 

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,265
  • Days Won:  255

2 hours ago, Corey lea said:

Temper your expectations. He doesn't have the personnel up front to be competent and CJS was not the calling plays at Clemson. He was given the title Co-OC so that Dabo could give him more money for staff continuity. Give him at least until the third year to flush this current turd. 

How pray tell did this turd come to be?

Guest Jonesy Bull
3 hours ago, smazza said:

dont forget special teams. this really can change the momentum of a game.

special teams is so often ignored

i would try to have the best field goal kicker,place kicker and punter

Absolutely.  Special Teams has been another part of the game that has not been good during the CCS tenure.  Hell, if we could have stopped a fricken kickoff return in that UCF game 3 years ago, we  very well would have won a CC.

Special Teams needs to improve, and I'm CJS understands this.