• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Wiener Leaving Plant for College Position

Guest Jonesy Bull
26 minutes ago, usf97 said:

It was always interesting to me that somehow, someway all these amazing Hillsborough county football players found a family member or guardian who happened to live in the Plant HS District (the most expensive area of Tampa) during their Senior years and would transfer in. 

There were definately some questionable things going on during his tenure, no doubt.  I lived in an apartment complex in the Plant district about 10 years ago, and Orsen Charles family lived 2 doors down from me, they magically moved from somewhere else in the county to that apartment right before the Fall semester started.  Doesn't necessarily mean there was any violation, just seems too coincidental.

Now this most recent incident, was found to not be a violation (according to Tampabay.com).  So there should have been no fines or suspensions in that particular situation, imo.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

21 hours ago, JTrue said:

Uh...he burned that bridge.

how did he burn the bridge?

21 hours ago, DELdaBull said:

Best recruiter in Hillsborough County for years. 

he recruited for plant high school?

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

17 minutes ago, Jonesy Bull said:

There were definately some questionable things going on during his tenure, no doubt.  I lived in an apartment complex in the Plant district about 10 years ago, and Orsen Charles family lived 2 doors down from me, they magically moved from somewhere else in the county to that apartment right before the Fall semester started.  Doesn't necessarily mean there was any violation, just seems too coincidental.

Now this most recent incident, was found to not be a violation (according to Tampabay.com).  So there should have been no fines or suspensions in that particular situation, imo.

this stuff happens all the time all over the country

Guest Jonesy Bull
2 minutes ago, smazza said:

how did he burn the bridge?

he recruited for plant high school?

To answer your first question, he was offered and accepted an Assistant Coach position at USF a few years back, and then 2 days later rescinded it to stay at Plant.

The second question......I think thats what alot of people are insinuating in this thread, that he recruited for Plant (make your own conclusions).  But I think what it was really meant to say is that he would be a good Hillsborough County recruiter for any College that he goes to.

• Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  119
  • Days Won:  0

It's not just Plant HS. I'd wager that schools like Armwood do the same thing. It's just not feasible for the same schools, year after year, to go undefeated and vie for state championships the way these guys have done. It wouldn't seem out of place for a school to have great success like that for a few years in a row while a core group of good players in the same class played their way through their senior year together. But to do what Plant (I was surprised they had it rough this past season and your guess is as good as mine as to why) and Armwood and many other top high school football programs do repeatedly is just not believable without some questionable moves. Just my opinion.

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  1,273
  • Days Won:  1

37 minutes ago, Sierra048 said:

It's not just Plant HS. I'd wager that schools like Armwood do the same thing. It's just not feasible for the same schools, year after year, to go undefeated and vie for state championships the way these guys have done. It wouldn't seem out of place for a school to have great success like that for a few years in a row while a core group of good players in the same class played their way through their senior year together. But to do what Plant (I was surprised they had it rough this past season and your guess is as good as mine as to why) and Armwood and many other top high school football programs do repeatedly is just not believable without some questionable moves. Just my opinion.

Absolutley...and Armwood is on the outskirts of Tampa...I always questioned how they continually had that level of talent cycle through the program year after year 

Guest Jonesy Bull
1 hour ago, Sierra048 said:

I am in total agreement with you Sir, even though I am a Plant supporter (cant help it I have roots there).  My Grandfather was on the Committee back in the 60's to build the original Dad's Stadium.

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

Yeah, it was definitely a d*ck move when Weiner pulled out on USF a few years ago.  Sounds like he avoided some rather stiff fines from the FHSAA.  Best of luck to him and hope the football team at Plant doesn't go limp without him. 

• Haha 3
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,919
  • Days Won:  67

2 minutes ago, GaUSFBull said:

Yeah, it was definitely a d*ck move when Weiner pulled out on USF a few years ago.  Sounds like he avoided some rather stiff fines from the FHSAA.  Best of luck to him and hope the football team at Plant doesn't go limp without him. 

Thank you, I was waiting for this.  The one thing we can all agree with is that it was tough to beat Weiner, he always came loaded with talent.

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,144
  • Days Won:  40

49 minutes ago, Friscobull said:

Thank you, I was waiting for this.  The one thing we can all agree with is that it was tough to beat Weiner, he always came loaded with talent.

Heyooooo