• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

How Coach Scott Balances His OC Clemson Duties and USF HC Duties

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  360
  • Content Count:  4,162
  • Days Won:  56

Clemson has been classy, but USF has obviously also shown class in letting him do this. MK surely could have demanded that he walk away from Clemson and put his full-time focus here. Well handled situation all around. Congrats to all.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,751
  • Content Count:  37,664
  • Days Won:  29

Love the National Exposure !

• Topic Count:  63
  • Content Count:  2,358
  • Days Won:  8

1 hour ago, Dave_Glaser said:

Clemson has been classy, but USF has obviously also shown class in letting him do this. MK surely could have demanded that he walk away from Clemson and put his full-time focus here. Well handled situation all around. Congrats to all.

My guess is that this has more to do with CJS than MK

Nebraska did the same thing with Scott Frost and I am pretty sure that I remember Frost stating that he wanted to coach UCF in the Peach Bowl

Either way, it is a good move for USF - having your head coach recruiting, while winning a championship, is a pretty good sell for 18 year olds looking to come to Tampa

• Topic Count:  360
  • Content Count:  4,162
  • Days Won:  56

8 minutes ago, bowman1 said:

Nebraska did the same thing with Scott Frost and I am pretty sure that I remember Frost stating that he wanted to coach UCF in the Peach Bowl

Either way, it is a good move for USF - having your head coach recruiting, while winning a championship, is a pretty good sell for 18 year olds looking to come to Tampa

I would think it has everything to do with CJS. I guess my point is, USF has supported it.

Edited by Dave_Glaser

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

6 hours ago, bowman1 said:

instant street cred 

this is brilliant on the part of all concerned

the parents are equally impressed with the loyalty and work ethic of scott

• Upvote 2

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  173
  • Content Count:  6,999
  • Days Won:  12

Text to recruit: "hey sorry I can't be there in person today, busy trying to win a national championship, but I'd love to have you play for me next year"

I mean come on... 

In all seriousness, I sincerely hope he is 100% focused on winning a natty. He will be at USF for years to come, and will have a window to recruit after. But this opportunity is unique and special and may not come again for him for a while. Winning at Clemson again is worth more to USF than the tiny tactical issues he could address right now. 

• Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  3,576
  • Days Won:  6

13 hours ago, E.T. said:

Love the National Exposure !

Yes it's nice to have something positive pointed in our direction.. Got tired of hearing the sports media folks wondering what had happened to USF. They have won some big games in their 25 years..Etc. So yep, nice change of perspective coming our way via CJS.

• Group:  UCF Knights
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  28
  • Days Won:  0

13 hours ago, bowman1 said:

Yes classy move....Helped UCF go undefeated.....maybe some day we can also

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,751
  • Content Count:  37,664
  • Days Won:  29

21 hours ago, hm101 said:

Text to recruit: "hey sorry I can't be there in person today, busy trying to win a national championship, but I'd love to have you play for me next year"

I mean come on... 

In all seriousness, I sincerely hope he is 100% focused on winning a natty. He will be at USF for years to come, and will have a window to recruit after. But this opportunity is unique and special and may not come again for him for a while. Winning at Clemson again is worth more to USF than the tiny tactical issues he could address right now. 

Pretty sure coaches can't talk to recruits until Januray 16