• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

The moderators on this site are too quick to merge.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  7,683
  • Days Won:  17

1 minute ago, Triple B said:

The other thread merged was started with a rumor link that was already posted in another thread. We've already got 3 or 4 threads going on this. I'm sorry you were offended.

Can you please merge all complaint/slash good bye threads .......... 😁

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,272
  • Days Won:  255

Just now, Jim Johnson said:

No, I just stopped coming around.  You're one of those with whom I enjoyed sparring, when I could find your posts that is.

Thanks I enjoyed some back and forth with you as well, maybe you will find your way back again. 

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

No. My #1 beef is not about MY post. 

It's about the constant merging of OTHER posts together so that conversations get buried and screwed up.

Even if I can reply to a congent thread ... a few hours later it's merged with four others and gets to 20 pages long.

From my research, you started a new thread to post, “Very thankful we are looking forward and not backward.” I’m absolutely ******* baffled that this is happening. You’re angry enough that that ******* post wasn’t allowed to keep its own titled thread that you posted multiple other times about it?

• Haha 2

• Topic Count:  60
  • Content Count:  4,078
  • Days Won:  2

3 minutes ago, Jim Johnson said:

First... I don't care that my thread was merged. I posted it KNOWING FULL WELL that would happen since the other Jeff Scott thread was merged -- which I discovered when I tried to post a cogent reply.

That said I know I am not an active member on this board any more ... it's because of the over zealous moderation and merging lots of threads into these mega-threads that basically stifle discussion.

I don't know why this happens...  and I am sure this thread will soon be moved or deleted.

It's sad because this used to be a great site.... and there are a lot of people here who post enjoyable topics and replies.  But then they get buried under 10 or 20 or 50 other pages of other threads that are kinda-sorta related.

Go ahead... merge, move, or delete this.  I'll go spend my time elsewhere.

As someone with an irreverent attitude and prone to take such positions, I have found this board to be the most open to free speech. Good luck finding another. 

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,714
  • Days Won:  424

This was just the latest example... I've come here from time to time this season lurking and reading... or trying to... you should try reading 20+ page threads from the start and it becomes quite clear the conversations are mixed.  Quite impossible to follow.

There really hasn't been that much merging going on regularly.  A lot of threads get disjointed completely on their own.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,834
  • Content Count:  5,486
  • Days Won:  13

Just now, Mission9 said:

As someone with an irreverent attitude and prone to take such positions, I have found this board to be the most open to free speech. Good luck finding another. 

I haven't had problems with the other Bulls boards.

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,272
  • Days Won:  255

Just now, Mission9 said:

I’ve said some pretty absurd things and have still managed to survive 18+ years 

• Upvote 2

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,714
  • Days Won:  424

1 minute ago, Roaming Bull said:

mad gran torino GIF

I need to change my signature, don't I?

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,834
  • Content Count:  5,486
  • Days Won:  13

2 minutes ago, Triple B said:

There really hasn't been that much merging going on regularly.  A lot of threads get disjointed completely on their own.

It sure doesn't seem that way. But I appreciate that you have heard my concerns.  Thank you.

I wasn't sure where else to post this... so now that you;ve heard, you can delete the thread if you wish.

Back to lurking.

Edited by Jim Johnson