• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

The moderators on this site are too quick to merge.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,272
  • Days Won:  255

1 minute ago, Roaming Bull said:

Touché 

Don’t worry @brybull1970 seems to be taking up your cause 

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

5 minutes ago, Jim Johnson said:

Never said I was leaving... not trying to take my ball and go home... just pointing out a problem I have seen for a while.

Only one?

Personally I always enjoyed your posts. Especially your bowl analysis and rankings. Hope you come back one day during FB season.  

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,834
  • Content Count:  5,486
  • Days Won:  13

2 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Personally I always enjoyed your posts. Especially your bowl analysis and rankings. Hope you come back one day during FB season.  

Thanks... I do miss interacting here... but it's hard sometimes, and merging threads is just part of it.

@brybull1970 -- Nice to start a few threads that can be merged into this one!

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,331
  • Content Count:  97,076
  • Days Won:  469

I’m not a big fan of merging topics either.  There usually are so few it doesn't make a difference.  Until board traffic bounces back, I wouldn’t bother merging much of anything.   

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,714
  • Days Won:  424

3 minutes ago, Brad said:

I’m not a big fan of merging topics either.  There usually are so few it doesn't make a difference.  Until board traffic bounces back, I wouldn’t bother merging much of anything.   

I'm not a big fan normally either but with all that's going on this weekend, you already had numerous threads with the same things in them to try and keep track of, didn't see the need for a couple more, redundant, "look at me" threads to add to the mix. Looks like things are winding down now so it'll be back to usual ....

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  730
  • Days Won:  4

So when can we have a separate Scott thread?  All the media is coming together and settling on him (about as much confirmation as we’ll get before the official word) so it seems fitting to have that separate from the 50+ pg threads of rumors and speculation.

2 minutes ago, Ghostbuster said:

So when can we have a separate Scott thread?  All the media is coming together and settling on him (about as much confirmation as we’ll get before the official word) so it seems fitting to have that separate from the 50+ pg threads of rumors and speculation.

Personally, I'm a conservative on this type stuff, seen too many things blow up, and would wait for the official announcement ........ and then we can have 40 threads on it because everyone wants to be the one to post it first. :hippy2:

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  730
  • Days Won:  4

4 minutes ago, Triple B said:

Personally, I'm a conservative on this type stuff, seen too many things blow up, and would wait for the official announcement ........ and then we can have 40 threads on it because everyone wants to be the one to post it first. :hippy2:

I just want to know others thoughts on the guy, and those discussions are kinda being split between the “Had a horrible thought” and “Nothing official yet” threads ...and I don’t want to bump either of those because they’re really Leavitt threads

Edited by Ghostbuster

11 minutes ago, Ghostbuster said:

I just want to know others thoughts on the guy, and those discussions are kinda being split between the “Had a horrible thought” and “Nothing official yet” threads ...and I don’t want to bump either of those because they’re really Leavitt threads

Start a thread titled something in the vein of "Thoughts on Jeff Scott if he's the guy" ......

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,331
  • Content Count:  97,076
  • Days Won:  469

48 minutes ago, brybull1970 said:

Brad, can you please clarify for everyone, most notably myself, what previously documented bylaws are in place that govern the decision process around what threads are to be merged and not merged? Or is this at the sole discretion of the moderators?

Based on the messages I have gotten directly from you, that 7 threads on "merging" will in of itself be deleted, not merged (which was intended as satire), I think it would be helpful to understand if boundaries are a bright line or is it more subtle than that?

Just asking for everyone else since this post on this hyper sensitive topic will now likely get me banned. When structure can't be questioned then censorship thrives.

One last thing, if you have something to say to me do it on the board and not in private message - let everyone see how easily you are triggered when someone pushes back just the slightest. If that gets me banned, so be it, but then you'll be illustrating my point.

Littering the board with a number threads about “merging” sounded like a five year old rebelling.  Unable to discuss intelligently (others were capable and were responded to), you attempt “satire” by spamming the board with “merge” threads.  Now, I like your posts and I know you’re not a five year old. In fact you have great insights.  So I asked you not to spam the board. Afterwards, again like a five year old, you continue to make a remark about merging.  That has no value (outside of to you with your limited comedic range) to the board and is likely just another intended swipe at the moderators.  Again, totally unnecessary.   Just share your opinions, they don’t need to be about others on the board.  

Is this what you had in mind?