• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

There Are Two Types Of People....

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,272
  • Days Won:  255

24 minutes ago, WoolyBully said:

Well, if we're using your criteria, the feel free to put me in the UCF Fan column. As hard as it is to not like a team that is recognized as national champions, it's even harder to embrace retreads. :FIREdevil:

I thought retreads implies having failed at head coaching somewhere or more commonly many places.

• Topic Count:  576
  • Content Count:  8,174
  • Days Won:  6

8 hours ago, Triple B said:

Appears to have worked and looks like your fate may now be in the hands of the BOT ....

So I didn’t think about the BOT...

How many are still onboard from the Leavitt era?

• Topic Count:  21
  • Content Count:  714
  • Days Won:  1

1 hour ago, cmhatter said:

So I didn’t think about the BOT...

How many are still onboard from the Leavitt era?

Not sure, but here is a link to the current members

https://www.usf.edu/system/board-of-trustees/membership.aspx

Edited by RG
Added quote

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  194
  • Content Count:  6,783
  • Days Won:  3

2 hours ago, puc86 said:

I thought retreads implies having failed at head coaching somewhere or more commonly many places.

No. Retread is a repeat performance. Just like the Army. The polite phraseology for someone who got out and came back in is "prior service". But in the barracks, the term is 'retread'. But now that I think about it, does not getting fired, regardless of how palatable you may or may not find the case, constitute failure? I would say so. Congratulations on your winning record, but - see, we have this policy of not peeing in the punch bowl - and having done that, stop by the receptionists on the way out for a box for your personal effects. Oh, and sign this. And initial that part about not being re-hired. Thanks. You can keep the pen. 😆

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,272
  • Days Won:  255

3 minutes ago, WoolyBully said:

No. Retread is a repeat performance. Just like the Army. The polite phraseology for someone who got out and came back in is "prior service". But in the barracks, the term is 'retread'. But now that I think about it, does not getting fired, regardless of how palatable you may or may not find the case, constitute failure? I would say so. Congratulations on your winning record, but - see, we have this policy of not peeing in the punch bowl - and having done that, stop by the receptionists on the way out for a box for your personal effects. Oh, and sign this. And initial that part about not being re-hired. Thanks. You can keep the pen. 😆

I don’t see how getting fired for anything besides performance constitutes failure, we would be lucky to have whoever gets hired as our next coach have the success of our founder.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

Isn’t there a compromise here? We hire a young, brash, offense first coach to do the football stuff for the crowd that wants to go watch football. Then, we pay xCJL to stand around in the Marshall Center behind a velvet rope for all the people who just want their Jim back. Everyone’s happy. 

• Haha 2

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,331
  • Content Count:  97,070
  • Days Won:  469

44 minutes ago, JTrue said:

We hire a young, brash, offense first coach to do the football stuff

That's how we got in trouble with Leavitt.  Of course, a Fig Newton is more brash then Doug Woolard, but we can't have that kind of activity ever again.  

• Topic Count:  365
  • Content Count:  6,466
  • Days Won:  35

1 hour ago, WoolyBully said:

If by pen you mean $3 million dollars, then I guess you are somewhat closer to reality. 

A retread is a tire that failed the first time through. Leavitt did not fail. You can loosely use the term to mean someone returning, but it isn't the proper use of the term. 

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,712
  • Days Won:  424

48 minutes ago, JTrue said:

Isn’t there a compromise here? We hire a young, brash, offense first coach to do the football stuff for the crowd that wants to go watch football. Then, we pay xCJL to stand around in the Marshall Center behind a velvet rope for all the people who just want their Jim back. Everyone’s happy. 

I think something like this for him to tour tailgating lots before home games would serve, too ..... Painted green and gold, maybe sponsored by Pepsi.

image.png.067b2efe6aee7ad83fa50b985cec6e67.png

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  365
  • Content Count:  6,466
  • Days Won:  35

1 minute ago, Triple B said:

I think something like this for him to tour tailgating lots before home games would serve, too ..... Painted green and gold, maybe sponsored by Pepsi.

image.png.067b2efe6aee7ad83fa50b985cec6e67.png

I 100% support the Leavitt Mobile