• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Jim Leavitt no longer with FSU

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  601
  • Content Count:  16,344
  • Days Won:  43

1 hour ago, Brad said:

FootballScoop:

Jim-Leavitt.jpeg?fit=990%2C672&ssl=1
FOOTBALLSCOOP.COM

Jim Leavitt is now a free agent. He joined the staff as an analyst earlier this fall, but he was promoted to an on-the-field role as part of the overall staff shuffling following Willie Taggart’s firing in...

Something tells me he could have already had a head coaching job but feel like he wants to finish the job he started at USF instead. 

• Upvote 4

• Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  9,683
  • Days Won:  8

3 hours ago, slowdown said:

Strong and Holtz proved they could win conference championships prior to coming here.  Then took over programs on the cusp and floundered.

Leavitt and Taggart accomplished much more in different situations.  Leavitt had about two years to compete in a conference WITH a roster full of talent recruited into that conference, the second being with a freshman QB, having losses to 3 top 20 teams.   Was still a disappointing but context matters.  I think their are only 2 or 3 seasons to fairly judge Leavitt on.  He has an incredible resume overall with his NFL and DC work since

Considering how many players Leavitt sent to the NFL from USF, he is a phenomenal coach. And his win-loss record supports that. 

• Upvote 2

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,566
  • Days Won:  423

2 hours ago, Bull Daly said:

Something tells me he could have already had a head coaching job but feel like he wants to finish the job he started at USF instead. 

I don't see CJL turning down HC gigs just hoping to get back here ..... unless you're just talking about the last week.

18 minutes ago, Triple B said:

I don't see CJL turning down HC gigs just hoping to get back here ..... unless you're just talking about the last week.

I wondering if he was ever offered the Charlotte HC gig years ago? Not sure how that went down but I remember that he was a candidate for starting that program.

• Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  2,286
  • Days Won:  1

36 minutes ago, Triple B said:

I'm guessing you are correct. Doesn't seem like anybody has been beating his door down to be their Head Coach. Kind of reminds me of Mark Mangino's situation. Good coaches who nobody wanted to touch after the incidents that took place for each. I have a feeling CJL will land somewhere soon though, maybe FAU....

Edited by USFBulls727

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,011
  • Days Won:  469

After the unproven allegations and questionable “evidence” presented that he did/he didn’t slap Miller, the hateful people that initiated this fiction in the press continued to push the narrative. Just like the story the other day stating he punched a kid. It just gets more and more made up and that hurts Leavitt and his reputation.  But it’s a free press and this was an easy one for that ilk to exploit for readers, clicks and prestige like McMurphy.  The better the story, the better the story.  Why not let falsehoods ride? Like Leavitt saying he was the most powerful man in the building.  It was never said. It was created to vilify him.  But it made a good story great.  Shameful.  

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, USFBulls727 said:

I'm guessing you are correct. Doesn't seem like anybody has been beating his door down to be their Head Coach. Kind of reminds me of Mark Mangino's situation. Good coaches who nobody wanted to touch after the incidents that took place. I have a feeling CJL will land somewhere soon though, maybe FAU....

Hope and pray that it is not FAU that makes it right. That would be a big slap in the face 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Brad said:

After the unproven allegations and questionable “evidence” presented that he did/he didn’t slap Miller, the hateful people that initiated this fiction in the press continued to push the narrative. Just like the story the other day stating he punched a kid. It just gets more and more made up and that hurts Leavitt and his reputation.  But it’s a free press and this was an easy one for that ilk to exploit for readers, clicks and prestige like McMurphy.  The better the story, the better the story.  Why not let falsehoods ride? Like Leavitt saying he was the most powerful man in the building.  It was never said. It was created to vilify him.  But it made a good story great.  Shameful.  

The punched the kid does not add up unless Leavitt packs a sissy light punch that doesn’t leave a mark. 

• Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  2,286
  • Days Won:  1

1 minute ago, Bull Daly said:

Hope and pray that it is not FAU that makes it right. That would be a big slap in the face 

I'm not opposed to Jim coming back, but I have my doubts. The stars seem to be aligning for it to happen though: Judy gone, Charlie getting canned shortly after, Jim being free, our program in desperate need of a boost of some sort. I still have my doubts, but it's not as far-fetched as it once seemed to be...

1 minute ago, USFBulls727 said:

I'm not opposed to Jim coming back, but I have my doubts. The stars seem to be aligning for it to happen though: Judy gone, Charlie getting canned shortly after, Jim being free, our program in desperate need of a boost of some sort. I still have my doubts, but it's not as far-fetched as it once seemed to be...

Yeah I have my doubts too. I’m just dreaming rn. Thankfully it is MK’s call and I believe he will get it right when it is all said and done