• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Jim Leavitt no longer with FSU

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,020
  • Days Won:  38

I've come to the conclusion that I have no idea about anything, so whatever happens we'll see.  I thought CCS was a solid hire.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  488
  • Days Won:  2

3 hours ago, USFRaider said:

I will be quite underwhelmed and disappointed if Leavitt is hired, but I will support him as the next head coach. I just want conference titles, and I don't think Leavitt can get the job done to bring the trophies home.

Not trying to pick a fight but I don’t understand this mentality and you’re not the first person to say this. Why can’t Leavitt win conference titles?

I understand that he didn’t win titles when he was here the first time. I was one person at the time that became frustrated with that fact as well. However, a lot of time has passed and I have had time to re-evaluate my thoughts on that. 

For one, we can’t forget that he built a program from nothing, with nothing. In 10 years we went from not existing to competing in the Big East and knocking off some giants along the way. If I’m not mistaken he’d never been a head coach prior to that. This coupled with the fact that he’s gotten tremendous experience since he’s left. I can’t imagine how much of a better coach he has to be now than he was then. I would expect to challenge and win conference championships on a regular basis if he comes back.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  993
  • Days Won:  0

5 hours ago, Rocky Style said:

I've come to the conclusion that I have no idea about anything, 

You're in the right place.  Say whatever you want as though it is an unquestionable truth

• Topic Count:  601
  • Content Count:  16,344
  • Days Won:  43

5 hours ago, Rocky Style said:

I've come to the conclusion that I have no idea about anything, so whatever happens we'll see.  I thought CCS was a solid hire.

I thought Holtz was gonna be a great hire so I know that feeling. For CCS, I was hoping his failure at Texas was a fluke and that he needed to be recruiting in Florida. 

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

6 hours ago, USFRaider said:

I will be quite underwhelmed and disappointed if Leavitt is hired, but I will support him as the next head coach. I just want conference titles, and I don't think Leavitt can get the job done to bring the trophies home.

I am right with you. I have my favorite but I am a USF fan first and foremost. 

Guest Jonesy Bull
15 hours ago, NewEnglandBull said:

He is on his way...ETA is Monday 

Ok Im going to hold you to that.  My refresh button will be getting a workout Monday at work.....hopefully I dont get in trouble and get some real work done!

3 hours ago, SpeedBull said:

Not trying to pick a fight but I don’t understand this mentality and you’re not the first person to say this. Why can’t Leavitt win conference titles?

I understand that he didn’t win titles when he was here the first time. I was one person at the time that became frustrated with that fact as well. However, a lot of time has passed and I have had time to re-evaluate my thoughts on that. 

For one, we can’t forget that he built a program from nothing, with nothing. In 10 years we went from not existing to competing in the Big East and knocking off some giants along the way. If I’m not mistaken he’d never been a head coach prior to that. This coupled with the fact that he’s gotten tremendous experience since he’s left. I can’t imagine how much of a better coach he has to be now than he was then. I would expect to challenge and win conference championships on a regular basis if he comes back.

Strong and Holtz proved they could win conference championships prior to coming here.  Then took over programs on the cusp and floundered.

Leavitt and Taggart accomplished much more in different situations.  Leavitt had about two years to compete in a conference WITH a roster full of talent recruited into that conference, the second being with a freshman QB, having losses to 3 top 20 teams.   Was still a disappointing but context matters.  I think their are only 2 or 3 seasons to fairly judge Leavitt on.  He has an incredible resume overall with his NFL and DC work since

Guest Jonesy Bull
6 hours ago, Rocky Style said:

Dont feel bad you are not alone.  Most of us thought CCS was a solid hire at the time.

oops

Edited by slowdown

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,011
  • Days Won:  469

FootballScoop:

The veteran, Pepsi-ed up coach is on the hunt for a new job, and sources told FootballScoop he conducted a phone interview for the Colorado State job earlier this week.

Sources say Leavitt has been eyeing the South Florida job since it became apparent it would open this fall. 

Jim-Leavitt.jpeg?fit=990%2C672&ssl=1
FOOTBALLSCOOP.COM

Jim Leavitt is now a free agent. He joined the staff as an analyst earlier this fall, but he was promoted to an on-the-field role as part of the overall staff shuffling following Willie Taggart’s firing in early November. The new job came with a new contract, and that...