• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF "media" goes on the offensive

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  96,987
  • Days Won:  469

1 minute ago, Triple B said:

I think that's where GA ended up, too ...... hopefully nothing's rubbed off.

GA is at The Athletic a paid service.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  7,683
  • Days Won:  17

23 minutes ago, Bull Daly said:

Their minds are set in their own world. They don’t believe in forgiveness it seems. Reasoning like that is what holds us back.

Forgiveness for what?   Forgiveness for leaving for a better opportunity or forgiveness for slapping a player (allegedly).

9 minutes ago, TheUpperHand said:

Yeah, yeah. Mike Leach locked up a kid with a concussion and refused to cooperate with investigators. Didn't keep him from finding another job. George O' Leary killed a player and still got a statue. Taggart's S&C coach hospitalized three but that didn't stop him from tagging along with Slick Willie to FSU.

What Leavitt (allegedly) did was wrong but wasn't nearly as bad as what other coaches got away with. He's paid his dues. He got kicked out of his house and it burned to the ground. We've since gotten clowned by Woolard, Harlan, Holtz, Taggart, and Strong but this is too much to handle? Pssh. What a joke.

I agree (except for Taggart clowning us part), but why hasn't he had another offer?  That's the question

• Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  2,034
  • Days Won:  20

5 minutes ago, Triple B said:

I'd love the chance to get "clowned" by Taggart again ....

There's an old saying at USF. Clown me once...shame on...shame on you. Clown me...y-you can't get clowned again.

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  601
  • Content Count:  16,339
  • Days Won:  43

1 minute ago, chapelbull said:

Forgiveness for what?   Forgiveness for leaving for a better opportunity or forgiveness for slapping a player (allegedly).

I say both. I would not mind if either came back to USF. 

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,511
  • Days Won:  422

8 minutes ago, Brad said:

GA is at The Athletic a paid service.

Thanks.

Just now, chapelbull said:

I agree (except for Taggart clowning us part), but why hasn't he had another offer?  That's the question

He def'n clowned us. He left us sitting at the bus stop, took some recruits with him, talked some smack, played sugar daddy at FSU, and then asked us to take him back when his new fling kicked him out. He's made a fool of himself. Some of us are just saying "Yes, daddy, please more" because we're in the unenviable position of being back in the cellar and he might be able to bring us back out of it.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, TheUpperHand said:

He def'n clowned us. He left us sitting at the bus stop, took some recruits with him, talked some smack, played sugar daddy at FSU, and then asked us to take him back when his new fling kicked him out. He's made a fool of himself. Some of us are just saying "Yes, daddy, please more" because we're in the unenviable position of being back in the cellar and he might be able to bring us back out of it.

A little melodramatic, but it's all good and you didn't even answer the question

Edited by chapelbull

Just now, chapelbull said:

A little melodramatic, but it's all good and you didn't even answer the question

It's Miller Time, of course I'm being melodramatic and not reading the full comment.

Why hasn't Taggart had another offer? Beats me. Best guesses:

• Potentially leaving a school after one season isn't endearing to ADs. They want to be sure the coach will be around at least long enough to get a few recruiting cycles in.
  • His style of ball might not be appealing to some of the open jobs.
  • Getting fired mid-2nd year due to fielding some all-time bad FSU teams isn't a desirable trait in a coach. It can be tough to reconcile how, with the FSU brand and recruiting grounds, you couldn't at least talent yourself to a winning record.
  • Any and all of these reasons
  • Turnover purse

Goods are probably too damaged for a P5 job for quite some time, he'll need to rehab at a G5 school (a la Holtz), but he's probably going to be far down the list for a lot of those schools.

• Topic Count:  76
  • Content Count:  6,712

8 minutes ago, TheUpperHand said:

It's Miller Time, of course I'm being melodramatic and not reading the full comment.

Why hasn't Taggart had another offer? Beats me. Best guesses:

• Turnover purse

This is probably 95% why.