• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Jim Leavitt and The People

Jim Leavitt and The People  

168 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,201
  • Days Won:  2

At this point in time he likely is one of the better candidates.

This was his baby let him finish what he started. 

Support for Usf would grow and that IPF would be started quite soon.

We got some big name teams on the horizon to play and we had a good history in those games with him.

I wasnt big on this at first but I am now.

Now some wont like this but I do think Bell should be given more opportunity to get this offense rolling.  This offense is seriously lacking in talent. Bell had a juggernaut offense at Valdosta St and I think with input from Leavitt it can be tuned to work here.  

Just look at the qb Valdosta St had he was so much better than McCloud or Blake. We get a dual threat qb here like that and a solid defense...watch out. 

Edited by Bulls On Parade
  • Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,501
  • Days Won:  43

4 minutes ago, Bulls On Parade said:

We got some big name teams on the horizon to play and we had a good history in those games with him.

Now some wont like this but I do think Bell should be given more opportunity to get this offense rolling.  This offense is seriously lacking in talent. Bell had a juggernaut offense at Valdosta St and I think with input from Leavitt it can be tuned to work here.  

Just look at the qb Valdosta St had he was so much better than McCloud or Blake. We get a dual threat qb here like that and a solid defense...watch out. 

I agree with this 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,272
  • Days Won:  255

11 minutes ago, Bulls On Parade said:

I’ve never been more conflicted about a post in my life, congratulations.

• Topic Count:  164
  • Content Count:  808
  • Days Won:  0

People make mistakes. USF football has never been the same since Leavitt left.  

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,501
  • Days Won:  43

12 minutes ago, Griggsy said:

People make mistakes. USF football has never been the same since Leavitt left.  

Agreed. I think the biggest plus about Leavitt is that he keep preaching to all that would listen about USF not having a ceiling. He made most of us believe that we would make it to big time college football. And he pretty much delivered when he upset those big programs and got USF into the Big East. It was not his fault that Holtz wrecked his program up. 

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,201
  • Days Won:  2

14 minutes ago, puc86 said:

I’ve never been more conflicted about a post in my life, congratulations.

Haha now if Bell was fired I wouldn't shed any tears but I think CJL could explain better than anyone how he needs to tune offense for Usf football.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  12,638
  • Days Won:  25

4 hours ago, puc86 said:

Shouldn’t you be at the mall telling kids Santa Clause is fake?

Leavitt took a program from nothing to the equivalent of a power 5 conference and had a record of 75-44.

We had media coverage, swagger, teams did not laugh at usf, and the media mentioned us often.What has CWT, KB, or CCS done to bring that back?  Is it better to go 8-5 in the Big East with big wins against teams that won national championships and have pedigree or go 11-2, 7-6, and 4-8 versus teams that have no pedigree or national relevance.
 I would take the guy that built up players, developed talent, and sold the program an day.

• Upvote 3

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  12,638
  • Days Won:  25

Does anyone else recall CJL blaming the players for being weak, not prepared, and not executing? The players gave everything on the field because he developed them into stronger, more prepared, and better players.  Any former players that could provide insight would be great. I know one, but never really asked them directly about their tenure with CJL. I know he always respects and promotes CJL on social media and was part of the best teams we ever fielded.

Edited by TheGreatOutlaw
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

19 minutes ago, TheGreatOutlaw said:

Leavitt took a program from nothing to the equivalent of a power 5 conference and had a record of 75-44.

We had media coverage, swagger, teams did not laugh at usf, and the media mentioned us often.What has CWT, KB, or CCS done to bring that back?  Is it better to go 8-5 in the Big East with big wins against teams that won national championships and have pedigree or go 11-2, 7-6, and 4-8 versus teams that have no pedigree or national relevance.
 I would take the guy that built up players, developed talent, and sold the program an day.

I agree with you are saying but keep in mind when we were 8-5 many were still pissed. Once a threshold is reached over and over people want better. I agree with your point that compared to now 8-5 would be great but if we finished over and over with no conference championships in the AAC people will still want a change. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,272
  • Days Won:  255

2 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

I agree with you are saying but keep in mind when we were 8-5 many were still pissed. Once a threshold is reached over and over people want better. I agree with your point that compared to now 8-5 would be great but if we finished over and over with no conference championships in the AAC people will still want a change. 

AAC championship? When CJL descends back from the mountain with his tablets on how to restore USF back to greatness he will smash the false AAC idol some have unfortunately started worshipping. CJL didn’t even want to play UCF anymore being in a conference with them is clearly spelled out as blasphemy on the tablets. Also IPFs are for ******* we are immediately investing in a whole trailer park that we can pay for immediately and have completed by the time the ink on the contract dries. 7E8B2510-95AA-47F4-AC42-B11CF9962737.thumb.jpeg.44da9fd2bbe540921f63a0029fc45657.jpeg

• Upvote 1