• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

I'M STARTING OVER.......again

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  6,571
  • Days Won:  28

35 minutes ago, CousinRicky said:

Except Rutgers and good for them.  Still hate them.

😂😂😂 Rutgers is just cursed. 

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,918
  • Days Won:  67

54 minutes ago, Bull Dozer said:

Yeah, were probably not going to be very good with two centers playing at the guard spots.... 🤣

You got me A hole, you still owe me an apology for you jumping to conclusions on the ex fb player getting shot, man up son.

1 hour ago, Triple B said:

Point of order, Durr is shooting 80% from the line and has probably been our best ft shooter since the mid point of last year ..... and you've got to add Williams to that front court, who also has his pro and cons.

Williams is raw and athletic with poor overall skills, if He sees a lot of minutes we are done.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,721
  • Days Won:  109

2 hours ago, Friscobull said:

Williams is raw and athletic with poor overall skills, if He sees a lot of minutes we are done.

Except he led the team in 3 point percentage last game.

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  76
  • Days Won:  0

For me this problem goes way deeper than a simple bad season, or a bad coach.   I am middle aged with a few degrees from USF.  I desperately want some success and recognition for our football program, because (lets face it) that is how the majority of americans see universities.  Through the football program.

We have been 'bad' at football now for a decade through THREE bad coaching hires.  (The obvious exception being the QF couple of years)   Yes the university is doing well, with research dollars and academics way up, and a new medical school being built.   But few outside of tampa know or care about that...   Football cannot be 'down' for a decade.   

There are huge ramifications for having football be down for such a long period.  The fanbase be built up in the BE is destroyed.   Students are essentially apathetic about the program.   Athletic donations are or will be down compared to other AAC schools.   New stadium nowhere in sight.   We became a joke by giving extensions to failed coaches, and then firing to pay dual coaches for YEARS.   

Even the MOSI plan, which seemed exciting a couple of years ago, seems to have evaporated.  I was just in Tampa.  Seems MOSI already downsized a couple of years ago, the main building is empty, and I'm reading they want to put a movie studio there????  WTF?  Every article I found about MOSI downsizing didn't even mention USF football.

Now I am supposed to wait it out while we 'rebuild' again??    Strong came in to an 11 win program.   There is absolutely NO excuse for the back step we took under Strong.  None.   Sick of hearing how coaches need to recruit.   Get their 'own guys' in...    yada yada.    UCF never seems to have problems switching coaches and keeping the winning going.

Yeah I'll always be a fan...  but I'm really sick of watching a totally mismanaged program and team.   It's time to get serious about football, or we'll be a bottom feeder in whatever conference we end up...  for a very long time.   UCF has humiliated us completely.    Get some aggressive and energetic winning coordinator from a P5 program, or coach from a G4 program.    Not some failed 'big name'.   And no, I don't consider Holtz or Tag to have been a G4 winner.

My 2 cents.

Edited by zerogbull
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 2
  • ???? 1

1 hour ago, CousinRicky said:

Except he led the team in 3 point percentage last game.

Williams reminds me of the player we had a few years ago from Detroit.  He could jump through the roof but had poor hand eye coordination and   never really developed into a serious player.  Williams isn’t as raw but shares some of the same traits.

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

10 hours ago, Friscobull said:

You got me A hole, you still owe me an apology for you jumping to conclusions on the ex fb player getting shot, man up son.

You're owed nothing. Also, it was a joke about the centers. Lighten up Francis 

Guest Jonesy Bull
On ‎11‎/‎15‎/‎2019 at 9:50 PM, MikeG said:

There are so many things in life so more important that USF sports. Being alive comes in at number 1 - the only ranking I care about.

You got that right my man......and we are all so happy that you are back with us.  Hope the healing process is going well for you!

Guest Jonesy Bull
On ‎11‎/‎16‎/‎2019 at 2:31 PM, zerogbull said:

For me this problem goes way deeper than a simple bad season, or a bad coach.   I am middle aged with a few degrees from USF.  I desperately want some success and recognition for our football program, because (lets face it) that is how the majority of americans see universities.  Through the football program.

We have been 'bad' at football now for a decade through THREE bad coaching hires.  (The obvious exception being the QF couple of years)   Yes the university is doing well, with research dollars and academics way up, and a new medical school being built.   But few outside of tampa know or care about that...   Football cannot be 'down' for a decade.   

There are huge ramifications for having football be down for such a long period.  The fanbase be built up in the BE is destroyed.   Students are essentially apathetic about the program.   Athletic donations are or will be down compared to other AAC schools.   New stadium nowhere in sight.   We became a joke by giving extensions to failed coaches, and then firing to pay dual coaches for YEARS.   

Even the MOSI plan, which seemed exciting a couple of years ago, seems to have evaporated.  I was just in Tampa.  Seems MOSI already downsized a couple of years ago, the main building is empty, and I'm reading they want to put a movie studio there????  WTF?  Every article I found about MOSI downsizing didn't even mention USF football.

Now I am supposed to wait it out while we 'rebuild' again??    Strong came in to an 11 win program.   There is absolutely NO excuse for the back step we took under Strong.  None.   Sick of hearing how coaches need to recruit.   Get their 'own guys' in...    yada yada.    UCF never seems to have problems switching coaches and keeping the winning going.

Yeah I'll always be a fan...  but I'm really sick of watching a totally mismanaged program and team.   It's time to get serious about football, or we'll be a bottom feeder in whatever conference we end up...  for a very long time.   UCF has humiliated us completely.    Get some aggressive and energetic winning coordinator from a P5 program, or coach from a G4 program.    Not some failed 'big name'.   And no, I don't consider Holtz or Tag to have been a G4 winner.

My 2 cents.

I understand your frustration, but geez calm down.  Yes, we are in an extended down period, and another rebuild is probably going to happen.  The thing that gives me hope, is our VPA.  He is no doubt in a tough spot, but I think he is the man to make the best decisions for our program right now.  Time will tell.  If you hate following USF so much because they lose too much for your liking, then find another hobby that makes you happy.  Life is short. 

And your comment about UCF keeps switching coaches and just keeps winning.....Ummm not really.  They hit it big with Frost for a couple of years, but if I recall they just lost to freaking Tulsa for their 3rd loss (mostly with Frost's players).  And I'm not so sure they are going to get any better with Heupel.  That argument doesn't hold water with me. 

Edited by Jonesy Bull