• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

I'M STARTING OVER.......again

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  3,576
  • Days Won:  6

I've seen the posts titled.."I'm Done and I'm Not Done"       Doing a personal seasonal assessment(even with 3 games left) I figure "I'm starting over again"   Basically I've fizzled out on this season.  Yes the Horn's still fly out in the yard.   Sure always turn on that tube( no tubes anymore) on game day to watch the Bull's and yes, there is this small flicker in there that thinks there just might be..possibly..a chance we can win. Could we win 2 and get a bowl game?? 🙏🏻 ( yes children a "Miracle" could still happen 🏒🇺🇸 )  Oddly my wife and I take about any small positive from our games to high five..YEA!! we got a first down Let's have another beer.....Go Bull's !!!  

So now, I look forward to all the possibilities that NEXT YEAR can bring because its what I (we) do as Bull's fans. I'm hoping to catch a high off our bball team this season whenever they might get their **** together. C'mon CBG we need you to deliver us football folk to the mountain of success.   

• Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  2,286
  • Days Won:  1

38 minutes ago, BulledOver said:

I've seen the posts titled.."I'm Done and I'm Not Done"       Doing a personal seasonal assessment(even with 3 games left) I figure "I'm starting over again"   Basically I've fizzled out on this season.  Yes the Horn's still fly out in the yard.   Sure always turn on that tube( no tubes anymore) on game day to watch the Bull's and yes, there is this small flicker in there that thinks there just might be..possibly..a chance we can win. Could we win 2 and get a bowl game?? 🙏🏻 ( yes children a "Miracle" could still happen 🏒🇺🇸 )  Oddly my wife and I take about any small positive from our games to high five..YEA!! we got a first down Let's have another beer.....Go Bull's !!!  

So now, I look forward to all the possibilities that NEXT YEAR can bring because its what I (we) do as Bull's fans. I'm hoping to catch a high off our bball team this season whenever they might get their **** together. C'mon CBG we need you to deliver us football folk to the mountain of success.   

Fizzling out before the end of the season is something that is obviously beginning to wear on our fan base. I was somewhat optimistic before the Temple game that we'd be able to put 2 wins together somewhere over the last 4 games. It feels like there's zero chance of that now. Our game vs. Temple removed whatever enthusiasm I had left for this year's team. They would have to show up running a completely new set of plays (or a new QB?) vs. Cincy that actually work for this offense for me to remain interested beyond the first quarter, and neither of which are likely to happen. As far as 2020, if it's still Charlie/Kerwin, If there's not quite a bit of improvement on the OL, it will be another long, frustrating season. Also, we lose Reaves & Livingstone on Defense, as well as Studstill & Macon (I think)…..and maybe more if anybody decides to bolt the program, or gets kicked off the team.

Edited by USFBulls727

• Topic Count:  108
  • Content Count:  2,484

1 hour ago, BulledOver said:

Thats a good idea!!....we used to wait until the first USF TD to pop the first beer....maybe we should use first downs now.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  55
  • Content Count:  6,740
  • Days Won:  17

1 hour ago, BiggTipp said:

Thats a good idea!!....we used to wait until the first USF TD to pop the first beer....maybe we should use first downs now.

I quit drinking long ago, but waiting for the first USF TD to drink sounds like an idea that could put AA out of business.

• Haha 2

• Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  6,571
  • Days Won:  28

3 hours ago, BulledOver said:

You will love our (2) QB recruits coming in. The future is not bad as many think. 

3 hours ago, USFBulls727 said:

Fizzling out before the end of the season is something that is obviously beginning to wear on our fan base. I was somewhat optimistic before the Temple game that we'd be able to put 2 wins together somewhere over the last 4 games. It feels like there's zero chance of that now. Our game vs. Temple removed whatever enthusiasm I had left for this year's team. They would have to show up running a completely new set of plays (or a new QB?) vs. Cincy that actually work for this offense for me to remain interested beyond the first quarter, and neither of which are likely to happen. As far as 2020, if it's still Charlie/Kerwin, If there's not quite a bit of improvement on the OL, it will be another long, frustrating season. Also, we lose Reaves & Livingstone on Defense, as well as Studstill & Macon (I think)…..and maybe more if anybody decides to bolt the program, or gets kicked off the team.

And Wilcox..there was quite a bit of "UP" input on TBP prior to the Temple game. There was a hint of enthusiasm going on about our potential but...USF didn't show up for the Temple game.  Our connection to USF must be pretty solid we all seem to stay around....Hoping!

1 hour ago, BiggTipp said:

Wait for a TD to open your first beer...??  **** brother you could die of thirst !!!   But then, if CKB offense worked just think youd prob be an alcoholic :thumbsup:

• Haha 2

34 minutes ago, Gatorbull325 said:

You will love our (2) QB recruits coming in. The future is not bad as many think. 

Hopefully...thing that is concerning when a team has a dismal season is the possibility of kids bailing on a losing program. Guys like QF, Mack and gang were a diff breed that wanted to come to USF to build something and...WT was a heck of a salesman. Were always hoping for a good future, next year. 

• Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  2,286

36 minutes ago, BulledOver said:

And Wilcox..there was quite a bit of "UP" input on TBP prior to the Temple game. There was a hint of enthusiasm going on about our potential but...USF didn't show up for the Temple game.  Our connection to USF must be pretty solid we all seem to stay around....Hoping!

...and I was one of those who thought there was potential, but the OL and the passing game are two things I'm not sure get corrected anytime soon, even into next year. If they do, then maybe we have something. The rest of this season will be hard to watch though.